Author Topic: [Map] Kasserine pass  (Read 14607 times)

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
Re: [Map] Kasserine pass
« Reply #15 on: 19-11-2010, 00:11:03 »
sorry to say, but its just to big and 64p wont cut it, and tanks are to slow, you use half the match to just drive around looking for enemies etc, you get my idea. No point even trying to discuss it. and size 4 is bugged in bf2 anyway

im planning on making it push mode and with lots of flags so that you never will be far from battle.

+ shitloads of trucks/apcs

Offline Malsa

• A very static artist.
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19-11-2010, 00:11:45 »
I say keep on working!
Even if it turns out that your map isn't going to be used or played by anyone, it will at least be one heck of a learning experience. Besides, isn't modding about having fun while creating something?  :)

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19-11-2010, 00:11:06 »
sorry to say, but its just to big and 64p wont cut it, and tanks are to slow, you use half the match to just drive around looking for enemies etc, you get my idea. No point even trying to discuss it. and size 4 is bugged in bf2 anyway

Only if tanks only spawn in the main...

Make tanks spawn near flags with soldier spawn right next to them.  Make the spawner capable of spawning 20 tanks.  In an infantry map you can spawn at a forward flag with whatever infantry weapon you want and fight away.  Why not make tanks spawn at forward flags that players can hop in and get back into battle.  Then when you own that flag, you get armored reenforcements in that area.  Graying a flag would then cut off the enemies armored reenforcments and the fight is on.  Maybe a bigger tank in the enemy main to help them counter, whatever.  Be creative.  It can work, and will probably be fun in africa.  Maybe more tank coordination and teamplay would come out of it.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19-11-2010, 00:11:20 »

im planning on making it push mode and with lots of flags so that you never will be far from battle.

i say give it a try, lot of people will like to play a map like this (i know i will ^^), dont get dissencouraged by the spawn-kill-die-repeat crew :P.

is it gonna have planes? i can already see the advantage of planes with decent view of the target xD

EDIT:

i dont like the idea of tanks spawning rigth in the flag you just capture, at least not in all flags . some flags sure , but for the most part ,IMHO tanks should spawn a flag before the one you capture , so they still take their time to get to the frontline (reinforces didnt arrived in a matter of seconds ;))

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19-11-2010, 01:11:42 »

i say give it a try, lot of people will like to play a map like this (i know i will ^^), dont get dissencouraged by the spawn-kill-die-repeat crew :P.

is it gonna have planes? i can already see the advantage of planes with decent view of the target xD

EDIT:

i dont like the idea of tanks spawning rigth in the flag you just capture, at least not in all flags . some flags sure , but for the most part ,IMHO tanks should spawn a flag before the one you capture , so they still take their time to get to the frontline (reinforces didnt arrived in a matter of seconds ;))

there will be lots of fighters yes and a few fighter/bombers

me want formations flying and attacking ;D

i would imagine i make heavy tanks spawn in main and apc/light tanks spawn closer to the flags or at vehicle depots

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19-11-2010, 22:11:38 »
my suggestion to you.

dont go on the forum and post pictures each time you sat in the editor for some hours... you will just get a headache from all the posts in the forums, people telling you this and that.
Build your maps in piece and enjoy the fun of creation.

you will do a few maps before you do a map you can send to fh2 anyway, use the first maps as learning experience as Malsa says. Make a map, upload it so people can test it locally, do another map, and one more. After that you will know what I mean.... Your first 5 maps will suck, just get them over with and have fun doing it  8)

Offline Senshi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21-11-2010, 10:11:56 »
If you want to make a tank only battle, you could use combat areas. Just make the whole map except the flag areas a killzone for infantry only, so tanks etc. are safe to go. This would ensure no one would exit their vehicles in the middle of the combat zone or at least they'd regret it very soon.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21-11-2010, 13:11:20 »
This might help you, it's the map from my Osprey book. I tried to do this map but editor started bitching so I gave up..

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/Ciupita/projects/kasserinemap.jpg

Note: "Northern" part on that map is the BRITISH SECTOR. Southern is American so use only it if you make Americans only. There were Tigers at Kasserine, but they fought against British, not Americans.
« Last Edit: 21-11-2010, 13:11:47 by Ciupita »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21-11-2010, 15:11:02 »
If you want to make a tank only battle, you could use combat areas. Just make the whole map except the flag areas a killzone for infantry only, so tanks etc. are safe to go. This would ensure no one would exit their vehicles in the middle of the combat zone or at least they'd regret it very soon.

doesnt work.. the game doesnt know if you are infantry or tank.. they are both "land" vehicles, because in reality, the soldier model is also a vehicle.

can use that principle for air-only maps though, or *shrug* sea-only. 8)

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #24 on: 21-11-2010, 20:11:33 »
I say keep on working!
Even if it turns out that your map isn't going to be used or played by anyone, it will at least be one heck of a learning experience. Besides, isn't modding about having fun while creating something?  :)

Omg  Malsa - first time i see you on the public forums ;) tja på dej!

Nice Zeno - i've started a kassierne pass map aswell though your map looks better so i'll quit

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #25 on: 21-11-2010, 20:11:05 »

Nice Zeno - i've started a kassierne pass map aswell though your map looks better so i'll quit

Whats better than little competition  ;)
CMP Gaming

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21-11-2010, 21:11:50 »

Whats better than little competition  ;)
Not wasting precious time?
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Malsa

• A very static artist.
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21-11-2010, 22:11:25 »
Omg  Malsa - first time i see you on the public forums ;) tja på dej!

I try to stay in the darker corners of the community.  8)

Sorry for OT.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08-01-2011, 03:01:25 »
how is this map doing? :P

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08-01-2011, 14:01:31 »
how is this map doing? :P

Its on standby and Will be resumed after i finish a much more important assignment That i have been offered (cant say more than that);)