Author Topic: FH2:Zombies!  (Read 9054 times)

azreal

Re: FH2:Zombies!
« Reply #15 on: 22-09-2010, 00:09:59 »
While this seems like a good idea, and the theory is good, you need some custom maps, like you said Lupin. Either map one of the ideas you stated, or create a map similar to that of a Nazi Zombies map from Cod5.

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22-09-2010, 00:09:50 »
If you're able to change the colour in the skin pallet from flesh to grey and make their eyes red, they're good to go  ;D

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #17 on: 22-09-2010, 01:09:36 »
While this seems like a good idea, and the theory is good, you need some custom maps, like you said Lupin. Either map one of the ideas you stated, or create a map similar to that of a Nazi Zombies map from Cod5.

I really want to, but we just cant map.

If someone that can map wanted to make a couple maps for us (or tweak Cretes aerodrome runway), we would be glad to use them. ;)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22-09-2010, 02:09:07 »
lol.

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22-09-2010, 02:09:32 »
I cant run it on my crappy computer with 90 bots and couldn't figure out how to change the settings to produce fewer bots.

Offline Havick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22-09-2010, 03:09:01 »
I cant run it on my crappy computer with 90 bots and couldn't figure out how to change the settings to produce fewer bots.

Open up the battlefield 2 folder, enter the mods folder, from there enter the fh2zombies folder,  in there there is a folder named ai.  in the AI folder there is a file named  AIdefaults.ai    Open this with notepad or notepad ++ and change this "aiSettings.setMaxNBots 80"  to  "aiSettings.setMaxNBots 48"  

The bottom one is the one for use with COOP, I'm pretty sure but you may as well change both lines of that.
"Quote from: Torenico on Today at 06:34:49
PR has "surprise"..
Ever walked around Korengal and got ambushed by a squad of Talibans?
Well, thats Surprise."

"Yeah like "Holy shit, something is happening!"
Ts4EVER"

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22-09-2010, 03:09:48 »
I have a simple idea for this mod : Totalize Train Escape.

In FH2 there are two kinds of out of bound areas. One is for killing everything but another could allow planes to enter without passengers taking damage. Team-specific kill-zone belongs to the latter.

The idea is to use the FH2 map of operation totalize and the survivors needs to escape with a train (which is of a plane type, so passengers don't take damage) through kill-zones-for-survivors that they can't walk pass to cap a flag in the destination - which would instantly bleed zombie's tickets dry. The speed of train must be lowered of course so the zombies could really catch up and kill you if you don't shoot at them.

(basically it is to place out of bounds for survivors on the other side of the river)

The zombies should spawn in the former canadian main and former German main while survivors would be spawning in the train station. Make more spawns from the canadian main would be a good idea however so you don't get too many zombies ahead of you.

I'd imagine that the survivors need to organize themselves real quick so they could still board the trains  8)

(note: trains have limited passengers, perhaps you could mod it to have 8 seats and two trains.)
« Last Edit: 22-09-2010, 03:09:58 by General_Henry »

azreal

« Reply #22 on: 22-09-2010, 05:09:03 »
Its not that hard to learn to map. If you guys are serious about making an attempt I'll help you along the way.

Offline Havick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22-09-2010, 05:09:42 »
I personally would like to learn. 
PR has "surprise"..
Well, thats Surprise."

Ts4EVER"

azreal

« Reply #24 on: 22-09-2010, 05:09:11 »

Offline Havick

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23-09-2010, 18:09:10 »
Just a heads up, I now have a server up for people to play it on, It should be up just about 24/7.
PR has "surprise"..
Well, thats Surprise."

Ts4EVER"

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23-09-2010, 19:09:58 »
Yay!

Offline Bravo3945

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24-09-2010, 06:09:57 »
Lol Downloading now! :D

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24-09-2010, 07:09:32 »
I hope to see people tomorrow on the server :)

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24-09-2010, 10:09:46 »
Haha, judging from the video the Greyhound is an excellent zombie-mower. Puma too probably. And who knows, maybe those hedgerow-cutters on the Sherman will come in handy one day:)

Seems like a cool mod, but really needs flags/goals as stated in your idea. Now it just looks like you'll be mostly walking backwards. Also, more /better zombie sounds, but I guess you're working on that.

But the promise of the epic arsenal of FH2 against mindless opponents is kind of mouth-watering. Far fetched, I know, but maybe you can add classes to the zombies also. A deranged pilot for instance. The zombie pilot would be barely able to fly anymore (but he remembers somehow...) and will mindlessly try and dive his plane into your vehicle if you don't shoot it down first. The Stuka and his siren could be quite frightening that way.

Or maybe a randomly placed zombie tank crew stuck in a tank that's broken down but can still fire. Either directly on the escape route or somewhere in the distance where you don't expect it.

Anyway, the idea is that the zombie opponents basically try to continue what they were doing before they became zombies. An engineer could be the Boomer type. With satchel in hand he could be a quick end for you and your crew but if you manage to shoot him first he'll blow up and take a pile of his zombie homies with him. (He should be rare, but the effect could be something like the scene at the Helm's Deep siege in Two Towers where the Urukhai with the torch tries to get to the wall to light up the explosive charge and the panic it causes with the defenders).

And so on, and so on. Good luck on the mod. Will try it out soon.
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.