Author Topic: THE SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 HOT FIX (RELEASED!)  (Read 17691 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: THE SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 HOT FIX (RELEASED!)
« Reply #75 on: 01-11-2012, 07:11:10 »
EDIT:
I just played a round of Mareth Line, noticing that the Panzer III. N main gun sounds like the launch of an Apollo rocket and is audible all across the map.

EEek... So sorry again.
This was a test we did to ensure that the Panzer III was firing all its ammo types rather than just standard AP.
It can be easily solved by deleting the Panzer III folder within the test_object_vehicle_server.Zip\Vehicles\Land\DE

All the Panzer IIIs do that once they fire a special shell i.e. HE or Special AP.

it will get annoying if you do not. I'm surprised it still remains because I thought I deleted the Panzer III folder before uploading.

perhaps Gavrant might have a more subtle solution, as deleting that folder will remove the improvements made to the Panzer III.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 01-11-2012, 11:11:54 »
Let's start with easy stuff: ksl94, in case no one have sent you mapdata.py of Op. Hyacinth, here it is, attached below (PMs don't support attachments).

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 01-11-2012, 12:11:12 »
Here's a quick fix for PzIII missile and bike bell sounds:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22580505/test_objects_vehicles_server_v1.zip
Replace the file with the same name in ...\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2 folder.

In my copy of the file I found the weird sounds only in PzIII Je, Jl and L, but not in PzIII N file. Please, report if you find any other tank affected.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 01-11-2012, 13:11:22 »
Hello all,
I start off with an apology for how messy this patch has been and I try to make amends with a FINAL VERSION.

This zip contains,
1. Gavrants fix for Panzer III, meaning your Panzer III WILL deal with tanks using various shell types, but not whistle at you or honk rudely across the battefield.

2. Fixed maps for El Alamein, Hurtgen, St. Lo and Op. Cobra, so no need to repatch anything - It all works.

3. All the other goodies in a single package.

In other words, this is the one and only file you need to download here on out
I have also updated the first page to include this link
« Last Edit: 01-11-2012, 14:11:25 by djinn »

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 01-11-2012, 19:11:43 »
Thanks for the file Gavrant! And thanks for the fix Djinn, I really laughed hard when I first encountered the Apollo-Panzer... But after one round or so it started to become painful. But due to this fix we can now enjoy
a whole new dimension of SP-gameplay, which I really appreciate!

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 01-11-2012, 22:11:46 »
I certainly have to test the Panzer III before patching. Seems to be alot of fun. And really thank you for your hard work.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline EastGuard

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 02-11-2012, 12:11:23 »
It's a great job !
Thanks so much for this :)

I've noticed 2 problems : in great St Vith & Sidi Bou Zeg maps, I can't play in german side.
When I select the german tab, neither the soldier classes on the left nor the map with entry points appear!

This problem occurs only for these two maps !

Any clue ?

Thanks in advance

EastGuard

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 02-11-2012, 12:11:42 »
That's strange?
It sounds like you're having an incompatibility bug with the Init.con file, but I play with these updates in my FH 2.45 without incident.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Offline EastGuard

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 02-11-2012, 13:11:32 »
Do not look further !!!

It's my fault (but I don't know why).
I did a complete fresh install and it works fine now.

Thanks for your quick response.
And thanks again for your great job !

EastGuard

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 02-11-2012, 13:11:39 »
Hey Djinn, how do I increase the number of bots?

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 02-11-2012, 14:11:21 »
Tankbuster, for increasing number of bots in "conventional" Singleplayer edit ...\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\ai\aidefault.ai file with any text editor to look like this:
Code: [Select]
echo *****************************************************************************************
echo AIDefault.ai ****************************************************************************
echo *****************************************************************************************

aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 72
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.85

run BotNames.ai

aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 32

run AIPathFinding.ai

rem EOF
Replace "72" ("aiSettings.setMaxNBots" line) with the number of bots you want. Replace "0.85" in "aiSettings.setBotSkill" line with the skill you want (0.1 - "easy", 1.0 - "nightmare" difficulty).

For coop I'd recommend running dedicated server. About dedicated server you can read here. Reply #22 by YaPh1l explains how to get more bots on dedicated server.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 02-11-2012, 17:11:28 »
I am very sorry, but I am afraid that I have to bring some more bad news: I just wanted to enjoy Flaise pocket with the new pathfinding, but as soon as I wanted to join the game, the server crashed and I got an error message, which I unfortunately didn't note down. However, I will try to take a screenshot later tonight.
Apart from that, bot-manned vehicles still can't cross bridges or pass between two objects without going back and forth all the time.
But apart from that, playing SP has become even more enjoyable than it already was. Thanks for that!

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
    • Panzerdivision Frundsberg
« Reply #87 on: 02-11-2012, 18:11:10 »
Is this patch only for players or is it for COOP-Server too?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 02-11-2012, 19:11:51 »
It would be nice if Veterans Server took this up, but for now, its a solo player's solution to enjoy a better SP/Co-op experience

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 03-11-2012, 16:11:22 »
I have one suggestion that will, if implemented, improve SP and COOP gameplay heavily:
The majority of all bots are to spawn in the main base, so that they man all the vehicles and airplanes.
A side effect of this spawning method is, that the enemy has time to prepare his defences properly and enables him to repel an assault.
I wanted to play a round of Vossenack yesterday, but I had to quit for the bots did neither man tanks, nor the howitzers. The much needed APCs were also left empty. The reason for this nuisance was, that the bots spawned at the two spawnpoints which are closest to the front. Many other maps, e.g El Alamein, are also suffering from this problem.
There is yet another spawnpoint related issue to be found on Mareth Line: The bots that spawn next to the Churchill and the Bren carriers die as soon as they spawn. In most cases however, they don't even spawn there at all, making the British loose a significant part of their mechanized strength and taking away their most powerful asset, the Churchill.
I would love to see these improvements added to all larger maps, for I think that they would optimize the flow of the battle, especially in NA, where vehicles play an especially important role. Actually, many maps that have been rather 'boring', because armoured reinforcements never came in like it's the case on El Alamein, would suddenly become thrilling. Just imagine how you dig in at Tell el Makh Khad, desperately defending the outpost against an Axis assault in anticipation of an Allied armoured spearhead that shatters it.