Author Topic: Disabling teamlocked vehicles  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
Disabling teamlocked vehicles
« on: 14-04-2014, 17:04:30 »
What about making all vehicles accessible for both sides - not teamlocked? At least there would be some kind of punishment for all noob bailers and opportunity of making some rounds more interesting. Imagine what would happen if Allies capture Tiger on Ramelle for example!  ;D

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Disabling teamlocked vehicles
« Reply #1 on: 14-04-2014, 18:04:59 »
Nah.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-04-2014, 23:04:44 »
Bad for realism, makes FH2 more like a circus. I say no.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-04-2014, 23:04:13 »
Yeah like spawning on green dot and commander artillery aimbot is also full of realism...  ::)\

Not mentioning that in FH1 there was such feature... But well, everybody knows that FH1>>>>>FH2 in gameplay, assets, etc...

Edit: And never heard of captured tanks? Seems that sb has to read some historical books...

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-04-2014, 01:04:40 »
There are captured tanks. Bardia has them, as does Siege of Tobruk. Teamlocked vehicles is historically accurate, and it should stay that way.

Online Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-04-2014, 04:04:05 »
Yea I can't say I would approve. This has been discussed before and honestly its just an immersion breaker. If it were up to me I'd even teamlock APCs and go as far as trucks. It's always confusing and a little gamey when I see Americans in a Hanomag or Germans in an Universal Carrier :P

As for tank bailers, I get the satisfaction of knowing that their tank has been put out of commission for a few minutes 8)

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-04-2014, 11:04:01 »
Most importantly, it's bad for the gameplay, I can only imagine how fun the game would be if some sneaky bastard stole my teams aircraft, and suddenly the enemy has 4 of them, and we have none. And considering how important some of the assets are (TDs, Fireflys, Tigers etc.), if one of them got stolen it would be a big hit for the team, maybe even game-breaking one, no thanks.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-04-2014, 12:04:33 »
Not to mention that stealing vehicles in the heat of battle and rushing them to the enemy positions right afterward has little to do with mentioned real life captured tanks. Put your fantasy books aside, Kwiot.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15-04-2014, 13:04:32 »
I think all vehicles need to be teamlocked. I dont like it when me and my men take a truck or a jeep to go on a silent raid and the minimap icon appearing helps the enemy see us...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15-04-2014, 13:04:13 »
I think all vehicles need to be teamlocked. I dont like it when me and my men take a truck or a jeep to go on a silent raid and the minimap icon appearing helps the enemy see us...
Actually, it's a very good point Turkish. I hate to give my coordinates to the enemy only by bailing out the vehicle. It ruins all the fun of flanking the frontline undetected.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15-04-2014, 14:04:02 »
^ Can the icons be made to disappear only by teamlocking? I agree the sneaking is an important thing, and feels very "gamey" when you discover enemies only by looking at the minimap... But on the other hand I don't see why we shouldn't be able to drive captured cars or trucks, they are relatively simple to operate and surely wouldn't require any special training.

A nice compromise would be to make "commando" vehicles teamlocked so they can be used for sneak attacks, such as the SAS jeep or Schwimwagen.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15-04-2014, 14:04:04 »
A nice compromise would be to make "commando" vehicles teamlocked so they can be used for sneak attacks, such as the SAS jeep or Schwimwagen.
AFAIK they are already teamlocked, as well as Daimler Dingo, Chevy and probably some others on maps like Op. Hyacinth and Siege of Giarabub. Not sure about other maps tho. I'm afraid that if we want to keep minimap icons visible for your team only vehicle has to teamlocked or we will have to hide minimap icons completely.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15-04-2014, 18:04:03 »
In FH1 there was 1 rule reating to tanking - tanker stays and dies in tank. No more noob bailing...

@Jan: So, Allied soldiers when they noticed Panther and Tiger were always runnning away from the tanks before getting hit in reality?

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15-04-2014, 18:04:53 »
Is the fact that you don't get few more points for kills hurting you so badly?
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15-04-2014, 18:04:22 »
Is the fact that you don't get few more points for kills hurting you so badly?

Not lack of reward, but lack of punishment for bailers is the issue. Example? I was driving Panther having  loaded HE shell, suddendly Sherman popped out just in front of me and fired at me taking half of my armor (I was quite shocked). Fortunately for me the guy decided to bail out instead of repeating the shot. Probably, I he had decided to fire again, I would have been no more, because I wouldn't have managed to change shell to AP and fire back... THe same goes with planes. Obviously the possiblity of surviving crah landing plane is really low, but such thing could happen...