Author Topic: Screenshots of games you play [big pics, 56k warning]  (Read 249576 times)

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshots of games you play [big pics, 56k warning]
« Reply #525 on: 29-12-2009, 12:12:51 »
That BotB mod looks great, plus I discovered that the CoH Gold Pack (includes Opposing Fronts and the basic game) is only 4,99 Euros at Steam! I guess that´s a must-buy. Just one question: Can I play mods with the Seam version?

yes you can, i'm using steam version. at least botb installer whined about it but i haven't had problems.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 29-12-2009, 12:12:43 »
That´s good news!
Are there any other mods for CoH released so far? I heard about the Eastern Front mod, but I guess it´s not yet released.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 29-12-2009, 14:12:19 »

Flippy-Warbear's "M10" Panther (seen on lower right corner) was knocked out by a 76 mm AT gun.

Slight correction: It was 76mm Sherman. Not AT-gun.

It was a very tough match. Reason why it was Ciupita and Thorondor who did all the work was because the enemy was constantly trying to kill me and hardly ever put any troops against Thor or Ciu. You should of seen the battlefield infront of my base with tons of tank wrecks everywhere. I had no resources since I had to repel off infantry, tank and aerial attacks all the time. But fortunately Ciu and Thor had good tanks (I never play 6th SS ever again, that doctrine is shit) who helped me out since I had nothing but shitty pak36 hanomags and panzershreck units who were eaten alive by quad .50 cal halftracks, shermans, even airborne troops...

In the end tho I lead the attack to all three bases with my Kampfgruppe Peiper who could sneak undetected (disguised as american lookalikes (the knocked out panther in Thor's screen)) and lead the way for Ciu's and Thor's tanks. And while we attacked one base, I already moved forward to the next to flank enemy reinforcements and to secure next enemy base for the armored assault. My final remaining fooled-you-tank (the panther) got knocked out by a 76mm Sherman right at the edge of the last base with a shell to its hiney.

I still had mortar halftracks, hanomags, an ostwind, some infantry and a Tiger II guarding my base, whom I just couldnt detach since I was constantly being attacked. :-/

I guess the AI knew that since I was in the middle, it would be easier to divide and conquer. If they would have taken me out, then Ciupita and Thorondor would have been separated from each other. It was a tough fight and I have to admit the mod is kinda american biased. ;)
« Last Edit: 29-12-2009, 14:12:02 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 29-12-2009, 14:12:57 »
ohh i must reinstall CoH!

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 29-12-2009, 15:12:21 »
Me too I need to get in on this.

Offline Venous

• Wawawewa
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 29-12-2009, 15:12:03 »

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 29-12-2009, 16:12:50 »
So how often do you all do these little shin-digs?

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 29-12-2009, 16:12:52 »
That BotB mod looks great, plus I discovered that the CoH Gold Pack (includes Opposing Fronts and the basic game) is only 4,99 Euros at Steam! I guess that´s a must-buy. Just one question: Can I play mods with the Seam version?
Really? for me it says 7,49 €
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 29-12-2009, 16:12:17 »
You can get COH for 4,99€ and Gold Pack for 7,49€ which includes COH+OF. Besides, the mod runs with just COH too, steam version or not.

I think majority of people playing BotB uses Steam purchased COH (me included) which works just fine even thought the installer says there *might* be problems with it, so far so good tho.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 29-12-2009, 16:12:34 »
How many people play? 

I installed it a couple years back, there was no one on Multiplayer.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 29-12-2009, 16:12:17 »
I have never played it with random people, so I don't know. I have been playing with Ciupita and/or Flippy. Aggroman has it too. Come to IRC or bug us via Steam so we can organise an epic gamin session ^^
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 29-12-2009, 18:12:16 »
Was curious and just checked it. I had pings and performance filtered. 30 games available, 130 sorted.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 29-12-2009, 18:12:15 »
Is that BotB or vanilla COH? Since not one of the servers seem to run a BotB map...

Biiviz

« Reply #538 on: 29-12-2009, 18:12:04 »
Do the Germans actually speak German in the German version of the game?

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 29-12-2009, 18:12:33 »
Vanilla CoH. I just lauched my install of BotB, but it seems to be outdated and doesnt run any longer with the latest version of COH. But honestly, there were never many BotB games, from what I recall.

Do the Germans actually speak German in the German version of the game?

Err. Yes. Good question. I remember some weirdo speech output, I think germans talk a mixture of english and german in the english version. But the german version comes with full german audio.
« Last Edit: 29-12-2009, 18:12:34 by Dukat »

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom