Author Topic: About P51DRockets  (Read 3603 times)

Offline zxx43

• View Profile
About P51DRockets
« on: 03-06-2010, 13:06:24 »
I have used Drawde's AI mini-mod but it seems that bots don't know how to use the P51Rockets to attack ground targets.
I don't know why.
Hallo,Mein name ist zxx43.
Ich kommst aus Südchina.
Ich bin 21 jahre alt.
Ich liebe gelesen buch und spielen fussball.
Mein Deutsch ist gut nicht.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: About P51DRockets
« Reply #1 on: 03-06-2010, 15:06:28 »
wIP - its in the pipelines.

Drawde gone for another week, but should be on top of it once he returns.

If anyone can figure it out, Drawde can

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-06-2010, 21:06:07 »
I haven't seriously looked into fixing the aircraft rockets yet (mainly because before Remick04's map addons, there weren't any fully playable SP maps with rocket-armed planes) - but I'm sure I'll work out how to fix this problem eventually, though maybe not in the next AI minimod version.

Rockets definitely don't appear to have the same "reversed model" problem as bombs did pre-2.26, so what's stopping the bots firing them is a mystery so far!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-06-2010, 12:06:27 »
It might not just be that vanilla uses rockets for air-to-air, but also because planes in vanilla require a target-lock to fire. That code might mean FH planes will aim but never fire as they will never get a lock... just my thoughts

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-06-2010, 20:06:50 »
It might not just be that vanilla uses rockets for air-to-air, but also because planes in vanilla require a target-lock to fire. That code might mean FH planes will aim but never fire as they will never get a lock... just my thoughts

Even the rocket pods on the helicopter gunships? I thought those were unguided. I think there's a setting in the weapon .tweak file which specifies it as a guided weapon, so it definitely isn't hard-coded.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-07-2010, 10:07:15 »
Well, got a reply from Clivewil. He managed to make the P51 rockets work and here's his solution, something to try out, Drawde

ok using the mustang as an example, i managed to get bots rocket firing by changing the FFAR physics type from Mesh back to Point.

i haven't tested this change on the Tiffie or Thunderbolt projectiles yet but i assume it would work; i will try it later when i get a spare moment.

cheers

c:\

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-07-2010, 21:07:51 »
Looks like Clivewil has finally cracked it, tried out the suggested change on the Typhoon rockets and bots can now fire them - finally! I'd never have figured out this fix in literally a million years (I'm not sure what the "PhysicsType" setting actually does!)

This will make quite a difference to game balance on maps like Totalize and Cobra, rockets are very effective at taking out static gun positions (you usually don't even need a direct hit) so the Allies should have more of a chance against the German 88s now.

BTW, the PhysicsType needs to be changed for the projectile, not the weapon! I tried changing the weapon PhysicsType first and got a seriously bizarre result; the Typhoons (unmanned) fly vertically into the air and explode, and anyone nearby gets teleported several hundred feet away :o  ???

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-07-2010, 22:07:13 »
Looks like Clivewil has finally cracked it, tried out the suggested change on the Typhoon rockets and bots can now fire them - finally! I'd never have figured out this fix in literally a million years (I'm not sure what the "PhysicsType" setting actually does!)

This will make quite a difference to game balance on maps like Totalize and Cobra, rockets are very effective at taking out static gun positions (you usually don't even need a direct hit) so the Allies should have more of a chance against the German 88s now.

BTW, the PhysicsType needs to be changed for the projectile, not the weapon! I tried changing the weapon PhysicsType first and got a seriously bizarre result; the Typhoons (unmanned) fly vertically into the air and explode, and anyone nearby gets teleported several hundred feet away :o  ???

Wohoo! Onwards! haha! Vertical take-off?! That I should have seen! lol! Can't wait to see this in :-)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-07-2010, 08:07:48 »
Woohhoooo!! Djinn why don't you invite Clivewill to join our Fh2 Single player team.
I am playing AIX2 lately. Single player support is really good for this mod!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13-07-2010, 08:07:58 »
Maybe, its my insecurity since I feel he's a legend, or because I've read a number of his scathing readmes, or just because it feels risky to ask a person associated with one mod to become a part of a pert project of another... I just feel he'd more likely go for a consultant than a full member... I already mentioned to him the fact that more issues exist...

If he decides to stay, we would keep trying to work on improving air combat.. Frankly, planes do a damn fine job already... Its almost like something Drawde or someone did got them wise to how bad an idea mid-air crashes are... they actually swerve when they are going to crash into a plane their are chasing and they certainly fly with skill.. unlike those speed divers on the pubbie.. you should see what they do with the Stuak.. upside down flight, vertical dive and a vertical climb... terrrible, terrible..

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13-07-2010, 12:07:01 »
...I am playing AIX2 lately. Single player support is really good for this mod!
It's not really "support" because SP is what AIX was made for... ;)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13-07-2010, 17:07:16 »
...I am playing AIX2 lately. Single player support is really good for this mod!
It's not really "support" because SP is what AIX was made for... ;)

;D

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19-07-2010, 15:07:37 »
Hey, it seems like everyone is patching their own planes. Can you give me the editted file. I really want to get planes firing rockets.... see what it does on the balance :-)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19-07-2010, 17:07:07 »
Sent you a PM Djinn   :)

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19-07-2010, 21:07:04 »
I would also like it if someone could post the fix files... I could probably figure it out for myself easily enough, but it would save me a lot of time, and I want to include this when I pass along the updated AI files to the devs.