Author Topic: Which maps have the new 2.26 vehicles?  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
Which maps have the new 2.26 vehicles?
« on: 24-05-2010, 10:05:11 »
Are any of the new vehicles + weapons (SdKfz.231, Bf109F, Citroen, Drilling) added in 2.26 found in AI-supported maps (official or unofficial)? I haven't spotted any of them so far; the 231 seems like an obvious addition to some of the North Africa maps.

I've also never spotted any of these vehicles (2.25 and earlier) in a SP map:

- Sahariana
- SdKfz.251/10 (with 37mm gun)
- Opel Blitz with Flak38
- Marder III (the ones in El Alamein + Goodwood are Marder Is)
- VW type 82
- Schwimmwagen
- German 155mm howitzer (not the 105mm LeFH18)
- Deacon (British truck SP gun)
- Churchill AVRE
- GPA amphibious jeep
- M36 Jackson

Which (non-AI supported) maps are these found in, if any? I know the Churchill AVRE, and possibly the M36, aren't currently used in any official maps.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Re: Which maps have the new 2.26 vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: 24-05-2010, 11:05:13 »
The VW type 82 and the sdkfz 231 are found on El Alamein.  (That also should have a Marder III).

That you don't see them is a specific problem with the mods singleplayer maps: they were never updated along with the mltiplayer maps; thus El Al, SoT, Sfakia, Mersa, etc. are still using the objects that the multiplayer used in 2.0.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-05-2010, 11:05:29 »
-The Drilling is in Cobra. A stack of hay or dung at the farmhouse (Not the barn)

-The Sahariana is on Mareth Line - Currently that has no SP support :-(
-The Hanomag with 3mm gun is on Fall of tobruk and works swell for suppression bots with HE...
-Opel Blitz with FVlak 38 is in Cobra, replacing all dual-mg opel trucks (This and the drilling only in the updated Cobra Sp map)
-Marder III is on El Alamein - Always has... Can be effective, but as easy a target as the Marder I
-VW... supposed to be on El Alamein.. Not sure if it is though
-Schwimwagen - Not in any map that currently has bot-support i.e ?Falaise and Lebesey
-We have a 155mm howitzer?!
-The Deacon is supposed to be on Mersa Matru... But when that map was included in 2.0, it had no SP code, should work now... Just switch the Objects.ai file from SP to a copy of that from Cq
-Churchill AVRE is not in any map, CQ or SP... Still waiting for DDay maps, I think
-We have a GPA?!
-M36 Jackson - Not in Fh2 either that i know of... Wasn't ever in an update, even if its in the files
-The Hellcat is however in the updated Cobra also

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #3 on: 24-05-2010, 11:05:22 »
-Opel Blitz with FVlak 38 is in Cobra, replacing all dual-mg opel trucks (This and the drilling only in the updated Cobra Sp map)
On supercharge and El Al too (since the zw36 opel caused the 'Cobra Crash'
-Schwimwagen - Not in any map that currently has bot-support i.e ?Falaise and Lebesey
Its on Villers only
-We have a 155mm howitzer?!
Guns on PdH
-The Deacon is supposed to be on Mersa Matru... But when that map was included in 2.0, it had no SP code, should work now... Just switch the Objects.ai file from SP to a copy of that from Cq
On Mareth Line only
-Churchill AVRE is not in any map, CQ or SP... Still waiting for DDay maps, I think
-We have a GPA?!
-M36 Jackson - Not in Fh2 either that i know of... Wasn't ever in an update, even if its in the files
Last 3 Like yo say not on any maps, level of finishnesed not known

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-05-2010, 13:05:37 »
Thanks for the info... looks like some tweaking of the SP gameplayobjects.con files is needed. I'll hopefully include updated SP map files (bringing them closer to the 2.26 MP setup and including the missing vehicles) in the future minimod release with SP-specific artillery objects (not the next version, but probably the one after that).

Not sure why Mareth Line is the only map with a Deacon - the Allies are on the offensive on this map, making it fairly useless, especially since it doesn't have HE rounds. Not sure if this vehicle was historically present at Tobruk or Mersa Matruh but either of those maps seem like the sort of setting where it'd be more useful!

The AVRE is definitely working, I put it into Totalise when I was playtesting it back in 2.25  ;D (can take out an entire CP with one shot if you're lucky... not surprised it isn't in the game yet) but I didn't think to try out the Jackson and GPA.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #5 on: 24-05-2010, 13:05:22 »
Not sure why Mareth Line is the only map with a Deacon - the Allies are on the offensive on this map, making it fairly useless, especially since it doesn't have HE rounds. Not sure if this vehicle was historically present at Tobruk or Mersa Matruh but either of those maps seem like the sort of setting where it'd be more useful!

The AVRE is definitely working, I put it into Totalise when I was playtesting it back in 2.25  ;D (can take out an entire CP with one shot if you're lucky... not surprised it isn't in the game yet) but I didn't think to try out the Jackson and GPA.
Deacons were constructed very late in the campaign, and therefore the only map they can realisticly appear on is Mareth Line.

I know the AVRE works, but it has the wrong projectiles.  M36 worrks to afaik.  I think the GPA is in a very sorry state though.

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-05-2010, 11:05:29 »
I tried out the GPA in Cobra (replacing one of the Jeeps) - the model looks good, and it seems to drive OK (realistically slower than the standard Jeep) and it floats, but once it gets into the water, you lose all forward movement and steering. I'm guessing it needs separate coding for propulsion + steering in water, IIRC the vBF2 APCs had this.

-The Drilling is in Cobra. A stack of hay or dung at the farmhouse (Not the barn)

Couldn't find it - is it actually by the farmhouse, or by the other, non-enterable barn? (there are a couple of hay/dung heaps there, but no pickup kits I could see).
Looking at the Cobra gameplayobjects.con, it appears the Drilling replaces the Winchester in the "angry farmer" kit for the German side.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-05-2010, 11:05:43 »
Which reminds me of this:

What's the situation on the 76mm?
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-05-2010, 12:05:54 »
The US 76mm (and 57mm) files are definitely in the game, but not sure if they appear on any maps.
There were a few bugs with the AI files for both guns (still present in 2.26) which are fixed in my AI minimod.

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-05-2010, 13:05:47 »
Another stupid question - where, specifically, can I find the Handheld Lewis?
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25-05-2010, 13:05:44 »
Operation Hyacinth, Fall of Tobruk and Giarabub.

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25-05-2010, 16:05:37 »
Does the M30 is avaiable in 2.26 Single Player ? I was never able to found it on Cobra SP and is it the only map who have it ?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25-05-2010, 17:05:59 »
Drilling is IN a haystack... you dont see it.. just click on the stack and you get it... its next to the farm house, not the barn

Don't even need to look at vanilla for flat vehicles, the schwimmwagen has this code

What m30?

I think we are now focusing on looking for easter eggs rather than looking for rare items to see if they have AI code.....

Lets focus on the AI-less rarities, lest a dev comes and shut us down

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25-05-2010, 17:05:29 »
I tried out the GPA in Cobra (replacing one of the Jeeps) - the model looks good, and it seems to drive OK (realistically slower than the standard Jeep) and it floats, but once it gets into the water, you lose all forward movement and steering. I'm guessing it needs separate coding for propulsion + steering in water, IIRC the vBF2 APCs had this.

Couldn't find it - is it actually by the farmhouse, or by the other, non-enterable barn? (there are a couple of hay/dung heaps there, but no pickup kits I could see).
Looking at the Cobra gameplayobjects.con, it appears the Drilling replaces the Winchester in the "angry farmer" kit for the German side.

hello to all

you could find the drilling here:

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25-05-2010, 18:05:19 »

What m30?

The M30 is the Luftwaffen Drilling, the full name is M30 Luftwaffe Drilling   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M30_Luftwaffe_drilling