Author Topic: Pushing on  (Read 5812 times)

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
Re: Pushing on
« Reply #15 on: 10-06-2012, 21:06:15 »
I was just thinking about it: how about the ai for these maps which contain this new mode, are they reworked or is there no dev for now?

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10-06-2012, 21:06:04 »
No current AI dev.

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10-06-2012, 23:06:50 »
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.

Offline Kuupperi

• Professional spoilsport
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19-06-2012, 11:06:34 »
Seems such a great idea. It just might increase some more teamwork and the importance of defending. Besides this brings the fights in a few places at a time so there will be way more action while two teams are seriously fighting of the control of those flags. Especially very special gamemode for those players who like to attack and attack like there was no tomorrow.

Might work perfectly in some Finnish maps when we get them (if ever will). The Finns defending against the Soviet attacks in their trenches and bunkers. I guess I'm getting too excited here?  ;D

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19-06-2012, 15:06:09 »
If there is no AI dev, does that mean that maps like Lebisey that have sector push won't be playable in singleplayer anymore, or will it still be on its original mode? (please tell me this will be the case :()

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19-06-2012, 16:06:30 »
Even more  important: Does "no AI Dev" mean, new maps like St. Vith won#t be playable in Coop?
If so - Well I could delete that point from my list because that would mean FH2.45 just became uninteresting and not worth downloading. Please tell us. 

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19-06-2012, 17:06:48 »
Well, sometimes the new maps will have navmesh to begin with and the bot to roam with, but it will be far from perfect. But at least playable in MP, just the bots won't go inside buildings and do stuffs like in properly navmeshed maps by the AI devs.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19-06-2012, 17:06:26 »
Even more  important: Does "no AI Dev" mean, new maps like St. Vith won#t be playable in Coop?
If so - Well I could delete that point from my list because that would mean FH2.45 just became uninteresting and not worth downloading. Please tell us.

To be blunt, downloading FH2 for only single player is like hiring a prostitute just to do push-ups.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19-06-2012, 17:06:15 »

To be blunt, downloading FH2 for only single player is like hiring a prostitute just to do push-ups.

sure, but still there are people who have bad internet connections or simply prefer sp.
It's just half the experience but if you don't know any better it'll do perfectly.

I have an excellent internet connection but still I sometimes just like to slug it out with bots.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19-06-2012, 22:06:16 »
I played lots of MP with Forgotten Honor. But theres not always the server with the map on I want to play at times. So I just start a coop match. At every time I want. Its fun. Even if the AI is realy stupid.

But I mostly play Coop. With a friend or my brother. Just when I want it, with my settings. FH2 means coop to me. Whole BF2 does.
It also gives you the opportunity to play the class you want, grab the vehicle you want, rock the map as tank driver instead of getting destroyed very fast by other human players. It allows you to play music in the background and lets you enjoy the pure epicness and awesome leveldesign of the mod - because you don't need to pay attention as you would in MP.

As much as I enjoyed tactics, strategy and teamplay with Forgotten Honor - I love the Coop mode too or even more.

And now, back to the topic! After I get a clear answer to: Will FH2.45 bring NEW coop-support maps?

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20-06-2012, 00:06:27 »
I also like to play sp, it plays different then mp and like Darman said you can play which map you want at any time you want against even more then 64 players, also what I like very much in sp is that you can edit the vehicles and weapons used in the maps which can also be fun(Gazala Tiger II vs Pershing ;)).
I known the ai is stupid in many ways but it is the most dangerous enemy in all static weapons.

I further have 2 questions

Are the new vehicles usable by ai or do they cause ctd?
Is the ESAI project from Void applied to the sp maps?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20-06-2012, 09:06:42 »
No current AI dev.
I think that this is sufficient answer for most questions here. Hopefully someone will fix SP issues after the release.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20-06-2012, 11:06:52 »
this is still no answer. No AI Dev can mean no new SP/Coop maps at all but can also mean just no new AI vehicles, no fix for the commorose commands to AIs and no new Weapons used by AIs.

But many mappers are also capable of adding just AI support to their maps without being AI Developers.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20-06-2012, 12:06:38 »
Just expect the worst Darman, manpower is really needed atm.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20-06-2012, 13:06:35 »
I think it would be good to have both the option of multiplayer sector push for maps like St.Vith, and on SP have such maps on regular push mode. Making maps like Lebisey exclusively sector push, meaning no SP anymore, will just push people who don't have good internet connections, i.e. me, away from the game. Yes this requires more manpower, but I'm more than willing to wait.