Author Topic: Fun Map - Community Suggestion  (Read 390 times)

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
Fun Map - Community Suggestion
« on: 04-01-2013, 01:01:40 »
Before I being, this suggestion is more directed to the FH community and not so much the devs.

Anyway, I shall begin. The other night my internet went down (thanks to my unreliable service provider and a nice rain storm) but I still really wanted to play some FH2. So, I logged in to my trusty old offline account, and started blowing away some bots. Although that got boring fairly quickly. So I then decided to just throw it to conquest and play without any bots. This may sound boring, but I've found it can actually be quite fun. Messing about with different guns, seeing how high you can jump tanks and jeeps, seeing how low you can go in aircraft.

I've been messing about offline like this in my free time (when I'm not playing online or coop with a friend) for many years. I once played this mod (can't remember which it is) that had a map with every vehicle, gun, stationary weapon, aircraft, etc on it. On one huge map with some random hills and stuff. It was a lot of fun to play offline on it because you could just go mess around with everything the game had to offer right there on one map.

So, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who messes about offline. Is there anyone else who would have any interest in a map like this? The reason I said this was more pointed at the community than the devs is because a map like this wouldn't be the kind of thing they need to spend their time on, however someone from the community might be able to throw something like this together with relative ease. Unfortunately, I don't have any clue how to use a map editor, otherwise I'd just build it myself.

Would there be anyone willing to throw something like this together?

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
Re: Fun Map - Community Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: 04-01-2013, 02:01:34 »
I know Fh1 Secret weapons has such a map tpp.
And actually i wanted such a map for quite a while to test different tanks/guns. Esecially after a patch has arrived to see what is different know.

A map with all Tanks/vehicles with AT guns, Flaks and At guns would be very nice. ALso A bunch of pickup kits of every At and pioneer kit. And everything should spawn immediatly.

Would be nice!

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-01-2013, 03:01:01 »
I also don't think it would be that hard to make. Throw some hills in, maybe some buildings here and there, some trees. I think it could be pretty quick and fun.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-01-2013, 06:01:28 »
Why not make it like a vehicle/weapon test ground/shooting range?

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-01-2013, 07:01:39 »
A training map for newcomers?
But Reichstag KOTH would be cool. Also would like to see some official Italy-maps.
And of course some Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich maps.
Monte Cassino would also be great!
« Last Edit: 04-01-2013, 12:01:26 by BaskaBommi »
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo