Author Topic: EXPERIMENTAL AI SOLUTIONS FOR SP/COOP (Community effort)  (Read 61806 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: The Single Player Fan Project: Work to be done and feedback
« Reply #180 on: 07-03-2012, 12:03:47 »
I guess the solution will be like that for mgs and AT rifles.
But they need to be smart using it, or they will just stand there and stare, trying to deploy standing.

I think they can drop them as soon as they see an enemy tank no matter how far out it is, or give them range so its likely the tank will drive at them.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #181 on: 08-03-2012, 11:03:46 »
Well I was trying to get the mine laying command working (the option along with move/attack/defend that adds a smoke marker). Thought I had but mines were being laid due to tanks being near. But I have got them to actually lay mines rather than the kinky love making activity they were doing with tanks before where they were running up to tanks and getting contact but just standing there next to them  :-*. Next is to check that the laid mines are detonating.

It's amazing what you start noticing in the game play once the internals of .con & .tweak templates "clicks"- I was thinking "you cannot be told about the Battlefield AI, you have to see it for yourself"  ;). The Marmon-Herrington Mk. III A attacks heavy tanks (it only has an HE armament) and the Vickers Light Tank Mk. VI B waltzing "Matilda" goes suicidal and attacks heavy tanks with it's MG. I'm pretty sure these are very simple vehicle temperature errors in the ai templates. I'll fix those. It's satisfying getting mi' hands dirty in the mechanics of this ... "pass me the spanner, mate!".

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 02-04-2012, 18:04:42 »
The tank thing is an issue with the preferred target because templates were used.
Don't forget, the devs had all tanks classed the same until Drawde made use of the helicopter class or light armor and the Ship class for heavy armor.

But we need to get these fixed eventually. Marmon Herrington should rape infantry, NOT tanks. Same for Vikers tank. When it encounters heavies, it should just pop smoke. At least, if it were dealing with humans, that will blind them or conceal it. Same goes for all 'Helicopter' classed tanks. Although I fear it will think its actually engaging them and move in for the 'kill' with smoke.

Maybe in time, a working smoke code will make this work for bot tanks too.

I could tell you why bots do everything and exactly who fixed what or broke what - The whole story. I just can't code for shit.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: EXPERIMENTAL AI SOLUTIONS FOR SP/COOP (Community effort)
« Reply #183 on: 12-04-2012, 13:04:11 »
To anyone willing to volunteer. I know you are lurking out there.
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16742&st=0#entry178417

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: EXPERIMENTAL AI SOLUTIONS FOR SP/COOP (Community effort)
« Reply #184 on: 09-04-2016, 17:04:19 »
To anyone willing to volunteer. I know you are lurking out there.
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16742&st=0#entry178417

Here you go djinn. Solution to no Commander AI in SP/Coop. I was just playing Project Reality Coop. I don't want to compare with PR too much as both do their own thing very well. But I notice in PR SP/Coop you can actually elect yourself as Commander and then use everything as normal; change kits and so forth and *you don't* have to stay at the Commanders chair ! This solves the problem of AI Commander artillery being broken; just give it to the player in FH by allowing them to be Commander and run and around and change kits like any other soldier.

Now I know ur going to ask about smoke screens. I have not forgotten about it but do not yet have a solution or the right frame of mind to test and so on, but that may change. Thanks djinn !