Author Topic: When i play BF2 its still the same!  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
Re: When i play BF2 its still the same!
« Reply #15 on: 16-11-2010, 11:11:06 »
only 4 servers?

I can usually only choose from 2 populated servers (sometimes three, depending on ping), but it's enough to let me play for a couple of hours each day with an estimated average of 40 to 63 other people (if I choose to). I almost never have the problem that if I want to play, there isn't anyone else out there.

So, welcome and enjoy, Mr Pitman.

By the way, anyone know what happened to the WOLF Gaming servers? With all this server talk I remembered I played on them a lot in the old FH1 days, but now with FH2 it never pops up in my server list.
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16-11-2010, 11:11:45 »
 There's a shitload more than 200 regular players of FH2... way more than that, so I propose refraining from putting up numbers unless you can back it up with real evidence. BTW, Maybe we should be giving out bling awards if all the BF2 player's are only in it for the E-peen.

Wrt WOLF, the server's still running with the newest Admin being Professor Anthrax.  WOLF is mostly populated approx. 9 pm eastern standard time when the Euro server's finally get put to sleep for playing big maps with a small playerbase.

So check us out on Thursdays (prime night), Saturdays, sometimes Sundays, and whenever the awesome World at War tournament guys (except for Wootski :p) are out of practice.

We play all map sizes (16, 32, 64) and variants so you will eventually see a lot of maps that don't get played by other servers.

@ Pitman,  WELCOME to the game
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16-11-2010, 13:11:23 »
There's a shitload more than 200 regular players of FH2... way more than that, so I propose refraining from putting up numbers unless you can back it up with real evidence. BTW, Maybe we should be giving out bling awards if all the BF2 player's are only in it for the E-peen.

Sheik cut back on the hostility, will you please. Man, I gave a rough estimate on the regular FH2 players. If there are more, then good for us, but they aren't regular.

And the rest is being taken care of.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16-11-2010, 14:11:20 »
there are loads of servers but not that many players
but usually enough to fully populate 3-4 servers.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline RN_Max

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17-11-2010, 13:11:37 »
Agreed with the lower player estimates.  Those 3 - 4 populated servers are at the highest peak times, more often it is 1 - 2 public servers and maybe a tournament battle.

When Europe goes to bed, unfortunately so does FH2 for the most part.

As for real evidence ... several times in the last few weeks there have been NO players on the 30+ servers in the browser.  That's real enough for me when trying to find a populated round to join.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18-11-2010, 08:11:57 »

Sheik cut back on the hostility, will you please. Man, I gave a rough estimate on the regular FH2 players. If there are more, then good for us, but they aren't regular.

And the rest is being taken care of.
Close only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades, there was no hostility portrayed man.

I was simply trying to make the point that throwing out made up numbers can be discouraging to new players.
Agreed with the lower player estimates.  Those 3 - 4 populated servers are at the highest peak times, more often it is 1 - 2 public servers and maybe a tournament battle.

When Europe goes to bed, unfortunately so does FH2 for the most part.

As for real evidence ... several times in the last few weeks there have been NO players on the 30+ servers in the browser.  That's real enough for me when trying to find a populated round to join.

The reasons why people have stopped playing are diverse but can be linked to gameplay changes that are not satisfactory to a largely anonymous group of people. Unfortunately not everyone posts on these forums, so we will never hear from them.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19-11-2010, 00:11:24 »
which huge gameplay changes did drive away all the players, the short deviation after proning or the knive system?  ;D

Offline RN_Max

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20-11-2010, 11:11:33 »
which huge gameplay changes did drive away all the players, the short deviation after proning or the knive system?  ;D

It could have more to do with what hasn't changed.  FH2 lacks one major thing that FH had ... variety.

One theatre at a time with endless infantry/armour maps isn't a big enough hook for some and it may well be killing the player base.

Go figure why people are still playing FH and even vanilla BF1942, they're almost if not as active as FH2.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20-11-2010, 12:11:30 »
That's not something that devs can change in a reasonbale time. But they are working on it.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off