Author Topic: Why do folks from FH 0.7 and FHSW seem to hate each other?  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Adûnâi

• View Profile
Why do folks from FH 0.7 and FHSW seem to hate each other? As least, I got such an impression from asking both of their communities about the other. I know, they might be unwilling to start a shitstorm (that might ruin them), but is there a base for such a defensive position (I got a [harmless] infraction on Pixel-Fighter, and on FHSW people joked that their mod was much better)? Was there some drama between them?

Again, I have no stake in this, it just interests me as they seem to be sister modifications that could coexist peacefully. And they both have value.

P.S. Can someone explain what the differences between FH 0.7 and FHSW are at all? The latter's VK page says it was developed by the Japanese modders, is that true? As far as I saw, they have a lot of new maps and vehicles, but they crash more often?

Also, is the FHSW mod based in part on the addon to vanilla BF 1942 with a similar name, whereas Forgotten Hope came earlier?
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
Re: Why do folks from FH 0.7 and FHSW seem to hate each other?
« Reply #1 on: 07-01-2017, 20:01:33 »
FH 0.7 is the mod.
Afair FHSW came more or less after to add more "special" content to FH (like an addon)
FHSW modder are japanese afair (a long time i didn't check however)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-01-2017, 01:01:18 »
Do they really have animosity towards each other? :-\

Like Seth said. FH0.7 was the last patch for Forgotten Hope for BF1942. then, later on, Forgotten Hope Secret Weapons came in and started adding content; more maps, weapons vehicles etc... it focused a bit on late-war/ what-if scenarios with experimental or never used weapons.

I haven't played either of the mods since FH2 came out. I played .7 for a bit but never played FHSW on multiplayer. I honestly didn't know that ppl still play 'regular' FH.7 anymore. I thought everyone had FHSW and the 'events' that happened all used that mod.

Cool to know it's still kicking :)

EDIT: does anyone know of FHSW's 'main' website? Where they post all of their updates? I follow it occasionally on moddb, but I don't think that's the most up to date. Also, any list of weapons and vehicles that they've added? Similar tot he weapon and vehicle list on the sidebar of this website?

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-01-2017, 11:01:58 »
[...]

EDIT: does anyone know of FHSW's 'main' website? Where they post all of their updates? I follow it occasionally on moddb, but I don't think that's the most up to date. Also, any list of weapons and vehicles that they've added? Similar tot he weapon and vehicle list on the sidebar of this website?
Afaik there is no official site, only the dev blog: http://wbmuse.blog89.fc2.com/

moddb is up to date as far as I can see. All vehicles you can find here, it includes FH and FHSW vehicles though: http://fhsw.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicles

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-01-2017, 15:01:42 »
The Europe server seems deserted. Anybody still playing.  :-\
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)