Author Topic: What scripting code/command allows the Engineer to collect landmines?  (Read 752 times)

Offline Professor_Smith

• View Profile
Hello,
     Recently, while play testing my mod HTroop, I ran across a slight problem I just cannot seem to figure out.  My engineer cannot collect mines as they have always been able to do.  I select the repair pack/wrench item, crouch over the mine and "start repairing it", and it will not pick it up/collect it.  It will however, collect/pickup explosive packs.  Can someone tell me what scripting command line controls the engineer's ability to collect/pickup mines, and what file(s) it would be in?

Thank You,

Professor Smith

P.S.-For those of you interested in an update regarding my mini-mod HTroop, my goal of the release date is August 2014.  I have successfully integrated all mods from which I used material, and am going over the mini-mod now with a fine toothed comb.
Lets make war games, not war.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
From what I can see, you have no permission to use Forgotten Hope material in your mod, so please remove it.

Offline Professor_Smith

• View Profile
Hello Ts4EVER,
     I don't know who you are, but I have spoken with Lobo in detail about this, and other members of the FH team, and they have already given me permission to use FH material in the mini-mod, and they were the ones that explained to me that it had to be a mini-mod, not a stand alone mod.  Now, would you please help me with the question at hand?

Thank You,

Professor Smith

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Note that "minimod" implies that you need FH to run it. Also, do you have the permission of all these other mods?

Also, are you talking about BF1942? because I have no idea about that and most people who knew how to mod it are long gone.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Also, are you talking about BF1942? because I have no idea about that and most people who knew how to mod it are long gone.

quote from different topic:

Okay, first of all, yes, I have received permission from the FH team as well as the other mod creators.  2nd, this is not for Battlefield 2.  This is for Battlefield 1942.  I know, its an older mod, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I do not have a modding team like others do.  I have been perfecting the mod for the last 12 years.  Trust me, they'll love it.

Offline Professor_Smith

• View Profile
Note that "minimod" implies that you need FH to run it. Also, do you have the permission of all these other mods?

Yes, I understand what mini-mod implies.  And yes, it is Bf1942.  I wanted to successfully release HTroop for Bf1942 before I started trying to remake it for newer versions.  Hopefully, after releasing it for Bf1942, people would see how awesome the mini-mod is, and agree to create a modding team with me to help me remake it for a newer version of Battlefield.

Offline Professor_Smith

• View Profile
So, again, does anyone have any idea why suddenly the Landmine would stop being allowed to be picked up/collected by the Engineer?  It still explodes when an enemy gets close to it.  The explosive pack is still able to be picked up, but not the landmine.

Thanks.