Author Topic: Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover  (Read 23380 times)

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
Re: Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
« Reply #45 on: 27-03-2011, 12:03:50 »
I dont like the look of the plane based destruction parts of the plane fall off like the glued on with pritt stick. im sure they will iron out the details. or maybe im looking in the wrong places.

Here's a more flattering example of plane damage:

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #46 on: 27-03-2011, 14:03:06 »
I'm in two minds about this game now, what with the whole epilepsy filter/bad fps thing. Every screenshot I see makes me want to buy it though! I guess I'll just wait for the non-Russian release to be out and see what reception it gets and what 1C say about patches/fixes.

Offline AlexS66

• A fine English gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27-03-2011, 15:03:17 »
Wow thanks man =D thats awesome! this is much better. i mean ive seen video's where the planes just split in half like the are lego models. but this keeps my hopes up.

I hate building something out of lego holding it up to the light and then dropping it. everything goes into slow motion and my heart explodes.

Anyway off topic.

I might use that pic as my background.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27-03-2011, 15:03:53 »
I want to fly the BF108...........  :'(

Offline AlexS66

• A fine English gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 27-03-2011, 16:03:17 »
I WANT TO STEER THE BURNING HULK OF A WELLINGTON INTO AN AIRFIELD OR EVEN SOME KENT FARMERS BACK GARDEN IN THE MOST HEROIC ACT OF CREW-SAVING EVER WITNESSED.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 27-03-2011, 16:03:06 »
I want to fly the BF108...........  :'(
Liaison aircraft missions, excitement to the max!
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #51 on: 29-03-2011, 03:03:36 »
Here's some very good news:

"From Luthier

Default Quick epilepsy update
Hello everyone,

Once again I want to point out that a lot of your earlier anger was misplaced. Actually, our colleagues at Ubisoft are extremely interested in making this game a success, they care about our opinion and yours, and everyone we work with there is understanding and cordial and more than willing to listen and change their mind.

Having said that, I'm glad to announce that the debacle has been resolved.

We will be making the filter optional, however turned on by default. And we will be adding a large epilepsy warning to our splash screen. I am almost certain that this update will hit the steam servers on March 30th and thus seamlessly make it onto everyone's machines when the game is installed on the 31st.

The March 30th update will also address some of the issues reported with the Russian version, but we'll provide more details with the patch notes once we know for sure what it'll contain. Obviously, we need to test the heck out of all the changes to make sure we don't introduce any new bugs while fixing the old ones (the team's favorite past time lately as it seems)."

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19645

And here's a website someone set up to compile news and general user opinions/concerns:
http://www.freewebs.com/heinkill/cliffsofdovernews.htm

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #52 on: 29-03-2011, 21:03:55 »
Excellent news!

Though looking at some of the posts on that second link it looks like I'm going to have to do some major upgrading! :(

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #53 on: 29-03-2011, 22:03:22 »
I WANT TO STEER THE BURNING HULK OF A WELLINGTON INTO AN AIRFIELD OR EVEN SOME KENT FARMERS BACK GARDEN IN THE MOST HEROIC ACT OF CREW-SAVING EVER WITNESSED.
Awesome post

How hard is the IL-2 games, does it take a long time to get settled and get going?

azreal

« Reply #54 on: 29-03-2011, 22:03:35 »
Hmmm, this is coming out soon isn't it? The wikipedia page says March 30th.

Just picked up on this again, after having a falling out after the original Storm of War trailer. Looks like this will be a solid flight-sim. Can't wait to get it. Always had a good time with IL-2 1946. Where can an American as myself purchase this lovely game?

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 29-03-2011, 23:03:43 »
Awesome post

How hard is the IL-2 games, does it take a long time to get settled and get going?
Anywhere from your-aircraft-doesn't-stall-or-take-any-damage-from-all-but-the-biggest-crashes-into-the-ground to your-engine-will-explode-if-you-turn-the-wrong-switch-at-the-wrong-altitude.

Depends on what difficulty settings you use.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 29-03-2011, 23:03:06 »
Hmmm, this is coming out soon isn't it? The wikipedia page says March 30th.

Just picked up on this again, after having a falling out after the original Storm of War trailer. Looks like this will be a solid flight-sim. Can't wait to get it. Always had a good time with IL-2 1946. Where can an American as myself purchase this lovely game?

I'd reccomend looking at my first post in the thread, first page.  That link will take you to a pre-order.  Order it from there, you get it on March 31st.  Order it on steam, and you won't get it until April 19th....

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #57 on: 30-03-2011, 00:03:12 »
The European release is on the 31st. The American release is on April 19th.

They claim it's for ESRB reasons but they really should've done this ahead of time.

I've heard reports that if you're an Aussie and you buy a physical copy from EBgames you can activate it right now.

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #58 on: 30-03-2011, 10:03:14 »
I've heard reports that if you're an Aussie and you buy a physical copy from EBgames you can activate it right now.

Friend of mine in OZ did just that. It installs to steam but then reports that it will unlock on the 1st of April. :/

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 30-03-2011, 21:03:40 »
EEEEEEEEE!!!!!  Its coming out tomorrowwwwwww ^.=.^!!!!!