Western front - continuation
48 (25.3%)
Early Western front
39 (20.5%)
Other
3 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Voting closed: 08-12-2009, 20:12:06

Author Topic: What front would you like to see next? (RESULTS)  (Read 17195 times)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Re: What front would you like to see next? (Greater detail)
« Reply #105 on: 15-11-2009, 22:11:00 »
I think we have to accept Pacific will "suck" in Fh2 since we cant use ships etc.

Since I havnt played FH1 Im courious about the early stages of Westen Front.

no, they will most likely be air and infantry-centered. if there is a naval aircraft battle, then it will most likely be a static carrier. I really want to see a japanese map where americans are defending a strongpoint in the jungle and the fog is really close and thick (even thicker than luttich) and we have to fight off banzai charges and stuff.  Also, a coral sea map with static carriers.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 15-11-2009, 23:11:13 »
I think we have to accept Pacific will "suck" in Fh2 since we cant use ships etc.
You know if you want to be detested by some of us. You know how to do that...

Pacific battle was more than ship... And the dev didn't say we can't use ship, but it will not be like refractor engine 2.

azreal

« Reply #107 on: 16-11-2009, 03:11:11 »
Warrior actually said something half smart ;)

But he and Alakazou are right. Most battles will be on a smaller scale with only spawnable LCVPs and perhaps a few static Fletcher destroyers will workable guns for artillery support. If there are any ships they will be static carriers, with workable AA guns, which personally I'd love to see.

And ships are already in the game. There is a German U-boat and the British Audacity carrier. Ships work and all you just can't walk on them when they move.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 16-11-2009, 03:11:12 »
Dont forget the Flower Class Destroyer..

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 16-11-2009, 07:11:55 »
Warrior actually said something half smart ;)

But he and Alakazou are right. Most battles will be on a smaller scale with only spawnable LCVPs and perhaps a few static Fletcher destroyers will workable guns for artillery support. If there are any ships they will be static carriers, with workable AA guns, which personally I'd love to see.

And ships are already in the game. There is a German U-boat and the British Audacity carrier. Ships work and all you just can't walk on them when they move.
I don't see why large ships can't function in FH2. Sure you won't be able to walk on them, but who cares? Just have different crew positions just like in FH1. Is lag your concern?

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 16-11-2009, 09:11:54 »
why can't you walk on it... it moves so slow

And well, I think I already put foward some suggestions on ship warfare and the Pacific in this thread:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=2994.30
Ignore the miniatuisation if you must, but there's something there, isn't there?

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 16-11-2009, 11:11:36 »
Every time ive voted ive voted something different. Last one was major pacific, since im dieing to see what kind of designer art comes out of that. Ive voted major eastern because i love the forrest settings, t-34 and russians, also i think the battles will work out pretty samewise as Normandy/Africa but just in another setting.
Before all that 2.2 just got out and i voted for a contiuation, since i feel more maps are required for maintaining the growth of fh2 community.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline 9.Pz Kreuzer

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 18-11-2009, 20:11:00 »
I vote for continuation of Western Front 1944-45, I don't know why but it's always interesting, after that - definately Ostfront (including Finland!!) ;)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 29-11-2009, 03:11:00 »
Finish the west than move to Pacific. to much Europe in this mod :-\

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #114 on: 29-11-2009, 10:11:07 »
RESULTS ARE UP!

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
Re: What front would you like to see next? (RESULTS)
« Reply #115 on: 29-11-2009, 10:11:54 »
You see how the Blitzkrieg is loved by the people?

Offline K.Nassau

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 29-11-2009, 12:11:26 »
Woah, 20 people voted for early western front including me? I guess many others think the same I do. The main reason early blizkrieg is just something i want to be included in FH2 since I think it was the heart and core of the original FH1 among a few other things. That and the fact that french had some nice colourful tanks. ;D

But to be realistic, we already have most of the statics, guns and vehicles, excluding french ones obviously.
It would really diversify the mod with less effort than paficic or eastern front.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 29-11-2009, 12:11:36 »
Woah, 20 people voted for early western front including me? I guess many others think the same I do. The main reason early blizkrieg is just something i want to be included in FH2 since I think it was the heart and core of the original FH1 among a few other things. That and the fact that french had some nice colourful tanks. ;D

But to be realistic, we already have most of the statics, guns and vehicles, excluding french ones obviously.
It would really diversify the mod with less effort than paficic or eastern front.

I second this so bad. its a good way to go aswell as the devs have allot of french statics needed for an early war stage, ofc vehicles is a huge setback here. but it would be so schweeeet!

Counterattack!<3

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #118 on: 29-11-2009, 12:11:59 »

I second this so bad. its a good way to go aswell as the devs have allot of french statics needed for an early war stage, ofc vehicles is a huge setback here. but it would be so schweeeet!

Counterattack!<3

Ah yes, vehicals are a big setback, but no more than the Easternfront..

Offline smith1215

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 06-12-2009, 00:12:41 »
Major Pacific
Mango Flame