Author Topic: [F|H] Planetside 2 Outfit [The Marauders]  (Read 13468 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: [F|H] Planetside 2 Outfit [The Marauders]
« Reply #15 on: 25-08-2012, 12:08:13 »
Everyone with a beta key have now been flagged for beta. The servers should go up around 18:00 GMT.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01-09-2012, 18:09:49 »
Some action from last night's PAX stream featuring TotalBiscuit and Margaret Krohn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m85LgVPwchE

And since the NDA is now lifted... this is how the current beta looks like with an E8400, 4 gigs of DDR2 and a 8800GT: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542936580994525127/A7DDE59FC7F0C120A0207379A33E0B046F2E771A/

Every possible setting turned as down as they get. I must say that SOE is doing brilliant job optimizing the game, my FPS has gone up with every single patch.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02-09-2012, 13:09:14 »
So, how exactly does it work? When I sign up with F|H I´ll get a beta key? And what type of game will PS2 be? F2P or P2P? And how do you guys play? Going on public servers together playing against pubbers or on your own server?
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-09-2012, 13:09:14 »
- Forgotten Honour does not hand out beta keys.
- F2P. Business model based on selling cosmetic stuff and boosters. Everything else can be acquired via in-game currency. Or you can subscribe like in most MMO's.
- This is an MMO, you can't have your own servers. You play on SOE's server with thousands of other players.
- 12 players form a squad, 4 squads form a platoon, an outfit can easily have many platoons. There have been battles in the beta where 450 players have fought over an outpost.
- There are no "maps". The world is open and when the game launched there will be three 64 square kilometre island continents to fight over.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-09-2012, 14:09:23 »
Alright, thanks for the answers. Too bad, I thought F|H would be a good way to get into the closed beta. Looks like I´ll have to wait until there´s either an open beta or the game has gone live. Sounds pretty good and I´ll definately have a look at the game. I just hope it won´t be an endless grind to unlock new stuff if you don´t want to spend money on items.
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-09-2012, 14:09:16 »
Been following this every now and then and yesterday there was a lot of PAX content on Twitch that I decided to watch, made me want to get trying this game out. Also the Nerd did a video about it.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-09-2012, 14:09:59 »
Alright, thanks for the answers. Too bad, I thought F|H would be a good way to get into the closed beta. Looks like I´ll have to wait until there´s either an open beta or the game has gone live. Sounds pretty good and I´ll definately have a look at the game. I just hope it won´t be an endless grind to unlock new stuff if you don´t want to spend money on items.
Sign up for the beta on the Planetside 2 website, you might get an invite before the open beta starts.

Let's talk about resources.

You start with all classes an all vehicles unlocked. You upgrade the weapons, classes, skills and vehicles via certification points. Your certifications points go up all the time, even offline. This is to make sure that you won't get too much behind even if you have a long break. Of course you get certs from playing as well, the better you play the more you get. There is no way to buy certifications.

All around the continents there are outposts and different facilities. These facilities produce resources to your empire, if you own the hexes where the facilities are. The resources are alloys, polymers, catalysts ans auraxium.
The first three are used to spawn vehicles and to resupply grenades, explosives and other equipment.

Auraxium is the resource you use to buy new firearm and vehicle weapons. SOE has said that the weapons are sidegrades rather than upgrades, and that's pretty much what I've seen thus far. The first NC assault rifle kills much more higher ranked TR scum just fine ;D

The more facilities you control, the more resources you get.

And the last resource is the Station Cash. This is the real money part of the game, and it is used mainly for camos and other cosmetic customisation. You can also buy new sidegrade weapons (which you can also buy with auraxium) but you will still have to play to upgrade them (certifications).

As for grinding... you don't need any of the new weapons, you already got plenty. I play games because I enjoy the playing, not because I have a need to grind something. I get XP and whatnot from PLAYING the game, good, I'll unlock something and continue having fun.

Been following this every now and then and yesterday there was a lot of PAX content on Twitch that I decided to watch, made me want to get trying this game out. Also the Nerd did a video about it.
Did you see the TB and Margaret's stream where they were following a battle between Terran and Vanu, and suddenly like 30 NC liberator gunships arrived and destroyed everything? ;D

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02-09-2012, 14:09:20 »
Dont think I did. I watched TB's first half of the stream, when he went away for lunch for an hour, I didnt tune back to it and during the first stream there was no such events happening.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02-09-2012, 14:09:23 »
Dont think I did. I watched TB's first half of the stream, when he went away for lunch for an hour, I didnt tune back to it and during the first stream there was no such events happening.
That was a sight to behold.

Liberator <3
My favourite vehicle. Gunner's starting weapon is a 105 mm automatic howitzer.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02-09-2012, 15:09:32 »
Sounds juicy. Bouse juicy.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03-09-2012, 20:09:35 »

Full size: http://i.imgur.com/t3xEi.png

Edit: Here's a video of the liberator bombing-run I mentioned:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1_khLYufMk

Looks like that the day/night cycle is not synced in the makeshift dev spectator client though :D
« Last Edit: 03-09-2012, 20:09:44 by Thorondor123 »

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07-09-2012, 19:09:58 »
If you want a BETA key, just PM me
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10-09-2012, 18:09:35 »
No keys left btw :(
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline FH_Mathew90

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14-09-2012, 13:09:13 »

Well as you can see we now have a new Division within the outfit. Read further to find out exactly what role this division will be carrying out during operations.

22nd Tactical Unit - Mobile Infantry & Recon Units

You're the mobile infantry and also with recon units, You will be the eyes and ears behind enemy lines stopping their ability to reinforce the front line with equipment. The mobile infantry will rely on own transport ground or air.

• Recon, Snipers, Sabotage !
  • Destroying enemy terminals vehicle and equipment
  • Enemy spawn consoles on bases behind enemy lines
  • Mobile infantry ! able to be anywhere needed
We envisage this unit to be a mobile infantry unit that has it own transport element within it. Flanking, rear attacks, ambushes, sabotage, sniping and most importantly FAST redeployment will be your speciality.

In order to do these task we need good communications and a lot of leadership so there will be many promotions to those who show the dedication and have the right skills.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15-09-2012, 10:09:30 »
Do you have compulsory trainings or is your outfit more laissez-faire? I´m looking for some organized outfit, but don´t now how much time I can invest in the game, especially when university is starting again soon.
Also, on what server are you playing? I´m currently on EU2 and don´t really want to start with a new character on another server, tbh...
and not a soul to hear.