Author Topic: Replacing wrench with a welder.  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing wrench with a welder.
« Reply #60 on: 17-11-2009, 21:11:41 »
If the wrench were to be replaced the most sensable/proper step would be to add salvage&repair vehicles in. Which could me made arcady like and repair on the spot in the battlefield or less arcady like and simply act as towing vehicle to tow them back to the main base were a dedicated repair point ("depot") would need to be.  Ofcourse that still wouldn't be too realistic (sending out a salvage vehicle straight into the lines of attack enemies? Heh, Repairing the tank in a few minutes rather then after the battle over a couple of days? hehehe), but it's a game afterall.

Salvage & main base repairs would be a waste of time though unless most vehicle spawns would be (more)  restricted. Ea, say that only half the stuff re-spawns, the rest needs to be repaired in order to fight an other day. WOuld work nicely in an organized/mature player base, but with 15 year old kiddies running around that jump in a tiger 2, drive it staight into a town and get it shot in the bak and/or bail when a grenade is thrown at it from a windows... ugh.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 17-11-2009, 22:11:04 »
And it will be redundant since unlike Fh1, the tank can drive itself right back to home base... and it wont last 5 secs if it was totalled anyway

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 18-11-2009, 04:11:04 »
cannonfodder, you gotta remember, you are talking about the military. they arent gonna buy the nicest thing. they are gonna buy something cheap that works and has a shoulder strap so you can carry it around regardless of how heavy it is...

How true. And supplying soldiers with heavy welders has the added benefit of keeping them fit... ;)

People are also overlooking the fact that this game is NOT a simulator, it's a first-person SHOOTER. Repairing stuff comes a very distant second to destroying it. I'd rather a new gun, not a new repair tool.

Cigweld>ESAB>Kempi
Fixed... :)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 18-11-2009, 05:11:06 »
People are also overlooking the fact that this game is NOT a simulator, it's a first-person SHOOTER. Repairing stuff comes a very distant second to destroying it. I'd rather a new gun, not a new repair tool.

Yes.

Offline Twonkle

• Leave Britney alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 20-11-2009, 20:11:58 »
I use the wrench all the time. Should they stop wasting time and stop making SMG's because some people don't use them?

It's even more used than the deployable hmg's... Agree with you.

// aka [F|H]Strilo on pubbie servers.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 20-11-2009, 21:11:28 »
Indeed - the 'no body even uses it' has been used to shoot down alot of my best suggestions:
Commo Rose Mk2, 'grenade' as a seperate voice option... Advanced sound effect even if you can believe that.. I think it was somthing to the tune of 'i don't even bother with the sound to notice whizzes and whips, and I don't know who does'