Author Topic: Go WAW, looking for official comments  (Read 823 times)

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
Go WAW, looking for official comments
« on: 23-05-2014, 01:05:06 »
So, just got an email today saying that WAW team is working on another map pack

AND!!!!!

A FH2 Japanese theatre of war,

So Devs, are you going to support them or kick the effort to the curb like you did with Hungarian Front and French Hope?

Yay team WAW, fun maps and obviously great teamwork
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Go WAW, looking for official comments
« Reply #1 on: 23-05-2014, 02:05:51 »
Official comment? It's a joint mappack by 762, Forgotten Honor and WaW. You can test it out here:

http://www.762-ranking.de/forum/showthread.php?1179-UPCOMING-MAPPACK-for-FH2-help-us-test!

And as much as we want to, we are far too busy developing the Eastern Front to kick anything into the curb.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-05-2014, 02:05:58 »
Ignoring the fact that this post comes off as more of an argument inciter than an genuine question; what do you think is the best way the devs could best support a new mappack? (taking into account the size of the dev team and amount of work they have finishing up a new front)

On the subject of mappacks. The last one 762 ran was fun for a while. There were a few map gems that came out of it and some of them had potential. It was good practice for new mappers and jumped the player count for a while.
Imo, the maps got a bit boring eventually. I play FH for its immersion factor and you could tell what maps in the rotation were fan made and which were official FH2 maps. I believe that if some of the mappers wanted to apply to the dev team with those maps and take their feedback and work the map to perfection, then some of them could be included in the offical build one day. A few of them had some good potential. :)

I'm looking forward to the new 762 mappack and I'm glad WAW FlH and 762 are collaborating to bring some fresh new maps to the mods. Personally, I hope they don't run the maps indefinitely. I'd like to see them run it for a period of time and take the feedback from the players and devs and use it to work on the map to make them better overall and maybe eventually FH2 quality. Having aspiring mappers and devs work together with the feedback of the players is the best way to support a mappack imo.   

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-05-2014, 04:05:50 »

A FH2 Japanese theatre of war,

lies!  :-X
« Last Edit: 23-05-2014, 04:05:46 by 0utlaw »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-05-2014, 06:05:24 »
As a member of the map-pack team, thank you for your support and thank the Devs who have taken interest in this and have already provided valuable guidance.

I am certain that we will be amending the maps after they've had a good pubby testing.  I'm sure that we will see many ways to improve play-ability and perhaps we will attract more mappers who will help us with the quality.

Constructive comments will be welcome.  Rumors are not.

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-05-2014, 15:05:26 »
I agree, why don't they just joint he development team?

It seems like they could use some help.  I would assume the help would be welcome, as long as the individuals were talented enough to keep up?