Author Topic: Empty servers  (Read 10264 times)

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
Re: Empty servers
« Reply #30 on: 07-04-2009, 06:04:39 »
Join WOLF on Thursday nights. We get that place jumpin' for a North American server.

Offline mulnir

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07-04-2009, 16:04:38 »
Posts like this one do not help bring the numbers up at all. If you want to play, join up. If you do not wish to play and only want to criticize numbers then go play PR and avoid these forums or FF. This mod is not dying and anyone who suggest that it is should be getting a banhammer anyways.

I personally feel these types of threads should be deleted as they only cast aspersion on what is an otherwise vibrant and healthy player base.

Hold on hot rod! first of all a simple observation was made about the lack of players online during peak hours in the country with the most PC's per capita in the world. Secondly, deleating a post because YOU are affraid possibly sending a wrong message about the mod, well I guess you always play on German team. And lasty, "an otherwise vibrant and healthy player base" ?! Come on! There were 26 people online last weekend!!! I started playing the BF series in 2002, there were 13,000 people on line, when FH1 came out, thousands of people, THOUSANDS!  Now there isn't even two dozen at times, give me a break, healthy and vibrant my butt. The real shame is that FH2 was created by some of the best code writers in the industry in my opinion, and the mod itself is by far the best shooter ever. People just aren't playing the game at the same level as they play the "vanilla" versions. Lets face it, KIDS don't like the one shot one kill format.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #32 on: 07-04-2009, 16:04:47 »
I'm a kid, me likes it.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline mulnir

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07-04-2009, 16:04:32 »
I'm a kid, me likes it.
Exception granted, I apologize for the generalization.

Offline Stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07-04-2009, 19:04:02 »
HSLAN is well adminedm if you want a player banned (and have proof that he misbehaves) go to their forum and complain.

Um ... no*.

*see below!

Offline Stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07-04-2009, 19:04:00 »
HSLAN is well admined why do you think its the most popular.
Do you want it admined like TDP on fh1 where if you accidently TK an admin you get kicked??

Thats BS... I have yet to see an admin do ANYTHING on HSLAN ... it's like the wild west of servers where the only kicking that goes on is automated by the server. The amount of TKING/Teamwounding/Smacktarding/TeamResource Destruction/Swearing/Racism goes on constantly. On the other side of the fence there is the WOLF server where the admins don't give a shit, what happens to other players as long as you don't swear or use racism or interfere with THEIR play time. If your being TK'd or Team wounded or your vehicle is being hijacked, shot up or otherwise molested by friendlies, they 'the admins' don't give a shit (as long as it doesn't happen to them).

So that pretty much takes care of the 2 of the 3 functional/populated servers available.

Players seem to have to put up with a lot of BS to play this game because it's either poorly run servers or nothing at all. Admins have to stop the crap about 'If your having problems, go post it on the forums'. No I am having the problem now, I want you 'the admin' to do something about it right now. It's like when your being robbed and you call the cops to come and help you WHILE the thieves are in your house and they tell you "Give us a call after they have taken everything, killed your family and have left the house".

Offline Stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07-04-2009, 19:04:01 »
Join us on WOLF server on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. If Punkbuster didn't hate Forgotten Hope so much there would easily be 50+ players on many of these days.

And to all of you guys that don't belong to our time zones, stop criticizing player numbers.

Posts like this one do not help bring the numbers up at all. If you want to play, join up. If you do not wish to play and only want to criticize numbers then go play PR and avoid these forums or FF. This mod is not dying and anyone who suggest that it is should be getting a banhammer anyways.

I personally feel these types of threads should be deleted as they only cast aspersion on what is an otherwise vibrant and healthy player base.

On the matter of 16 and 32 player sized maps, I personally feel that there should always be armour available (within reason) and that some of the smaller maps should have planes for all the flyboys. I also think that all special pick up kits should be made available for all map sizes and most particularily in the same locations where possible.

Tker's such as yourself do not help increase numbers either, I have seen you play on Wolf and Hslan servers.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #37 on: 07-04-2009, 19:04:16 »
Whine whine whine. I see alot of admins at Hslan, at the quiet hours they are even open for map suggestions.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07-04-2009, 19:04:16 »
I see the same, I have no idea what you are talking about Stevo.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07-04-2009, 20:04:53 »
Admins have to stop the crap about 'If your having problems, go post it on the forums'. No I am having the problem now, I want you 'the admin' to do something about it right now. It's like when your being robbed and you call the cops to come and help you WHILE the thieves are in your house and they tell you "Give us a call after they have taken everything, killed your family and have left the house".

No offence, but this is bullshit. This is like a trial, you must provide proofs, and ingame this is not often so easy as you claim, and maybe sometimes the ofended whines for nothing or makes a big deal out of a ridiculous accident. If you have a real case and the admins can't find out the truth ingame, post it in the forum, with screenshots, and/or contact admins in the Teamspeak, that's the best system. I have played FH1 in wolfgaming years, and their admins were professional, unbiased and coolheaded.

@everybody, I don't want stupid fights of the type: server X sucks, play in my server Y or else you will see me angry, last warning

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #40 on: 07-04-2009, 20:04:58 »
I can remember on many occasions seeing HSLan admins warning people over the chat for teamkilling or foul language.  I have only been purposly team killed on there once since 2.15 came out.  Its nowhere near as bad as you seem to make out.

Offline General Tso

• Head Chump
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07-04-2009, 21:04:33 »
I admittedly have not PC gamed much since this past summer.  The new baby back in September ended a lot of free gaming time for me.   ;D

I digress.  I am shocked to see that as of this writing, there are 17,000+ people playing BF2 right now, including some 4000+ playing on unranked servers (probably mods of some sort).

This is a soon to be four year old game that still draws big numbers.

I figured that the numbers would be down below 10000, and even worse in North America "prime time" tonight.

Because of the high numbers of people with BF2 still loaded on their PCs, I fear not the premature death of this mod.

I need to get back and play this fine mod...

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #42 on: 07-04-2009, 22:04:46 »
When 2.2 comes out, the devs should try to get the mod annonced in the news box that appears when the game loads.  I noticed that this was done when PR released .85, and I imagine it would bring in more players.  There must be a few vBF2 players out there who don't know about mods and want to play a decent WWII game.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07-04-2009, 22:04:33 »
When 2.2 comes out, the devs should try to get the mod annonced in the news box that appears when the game loads.  I noticed that this was done when PR released .85, and I imagine it would bring in more players.  There must be a few vBF2 players out there who don't know about mods and want to play a decent WWII game.

IF we could get that kind of support from Dice... *dreams*
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07-04-2009, 22:04:35 »

Tker's such as yourself do not help increase numbers either, I have seen you play on Wolf and Hslan servers.
[/quote]

Where's your proof? And subsequent to such proof provided, it would help if you include your in game name and the apology that I would have immediately typed out in general or team specific chat. (there should be enough people hanging about to back up my claim)

Seriously prove it asshole because if I was such a tk'er douchebag, I would have been kicked/ banned from WOLF ages ago. HSlan on the other hand would have acted on any reasonable and well founded ban petition and subsequently removed my gaming privileges forthwith. (yet I am still playing, I wonder why that is?)

I have my suspicions as to whom you are, but of course you aren't even so willing as to post with your in game nick to prove the validity of your accusations. Therefore, I accuse you of being an even more egregious tk'er as I have as much proof as you do.

Btw Lobo, you have played on WOLF FH2 on several occasions but it has been a while since I last saw you in game.

@ N24 have you guys even bothered to ask? BFPirates 2 got support and now PR, so why shouldn't FH2 have a crack at it?
 We must have enough Swedes around who like FH2 that they could go bring them flowers and sundry other bribes in Stockholm.

My point still remains as I feel very strongly that people like STEVO should not be allowed to post any negative criticism of FH2 without having actual evidence to back up such outrageous claims.
My Quebec includes Canada