Author Topic: 4 suggestions for a new front, a new map, and a new vehicle, and a new MG mech.  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
 1: I would like the China vs. Japan front. I'd like to expierience the coastal invasions of China and resist against the Japanese opposition as a CHINESE GUY for once, as I find that no game has offered infantry combat of it yet.
 2: I would like a Allied paratrooper landing map, supposedly Operation Market Garden or Operation Neptune, or even Operation Husky!
 3: I would like ship-to-ship combat. I wouldn't be surprised if you were already working on this, as i saw a test of it on YouTube. I guess this part of this would be another map suggestion, but a U-boat vs. Allied convoy situation would be fun.
 4: MGs can mount on all sorts of cover. A good example is Red Orchestra Ostfront. You can mount mobile MGs almost anywhere, whether prone or sitting behind a window or setting one up on sandbags.

Thank you for reading, assuming you do, and I wish you good luck in getting the Eastern front shipped and keeping your players pleased.
« Last Edit: 16-02-2011, 04:02:42 by AwesomeReaper »

Offline blue

• View Profile
Re: 3 suggestions for a new front, a new map, and a new vehicle
« Reply #1 on: 16-02-2011, 04:02:06 »
It would be a different front that is almost never covered in games...

just do not hold your breath waiting for it.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
1)  That's nice, but the devs are far, far from ever doing Pacific.  They've just recently announced Ostfront, which means at the very least, some years before they even start thinking of Pacific.

2)  That may come eventually.  I believe there are a couple fanmaps of it, but no official maps.  Its possible that the devs might make one eventually, but currently, they are on Battle of the Bulge, and Ostfront.

3)  Ship v ship combat is quite difficult, and also goes against the ideas of FH2, which is giving mass combat.  Currently, there are a couple ships in the mod, but none on any maps, and probably will continue to not be.  There is simply no place for them right now.

4)  Impossible to do effectively on the BF2 engine.  The only way causes untold amounts of lag because it turns every window sill and position into a vehicle.  You simply aren't going to see this on the BF2 engine.

azreal

AwesomeReaper, please use the search button before posting a topic. All of your suggestions have already been answered in other threads in this very sub-forum.

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
4: MGs can mount on all sorts of cover. A good example is Red Orchestra Ostfront. You can mount mobile MGs almost anywhere, whether prone or sitting behind a window or setting one up on sandbags.

Something like this
Note...It is a very,very quickly made deployable MG,and i am aware of the minor imperfections and how to fix them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfROXCJbAA8

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
le fuck? I want. NOW.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile

Something like this
Note...It is a very,very quickly made deployable MG,and i am aware of the minor imperfections and how to fix them

That is how the lafettes, other tripod MGs, and mortars work now.  Problem is, notice how the bunker model is made to have this giant platform.  That is so that you can actually lay it down.  You would not be able to be that accurate on say, a window sill.  Also, by doing that, you lose all the point of a bipod MG, which is mobility, by having to constantly deploy it, then enter it as a vehicle.  So really, its not a good measure at all.

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
What ? Look further he's deploying it on a window :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfROXCJbAA8#t=0m24s

Besides, it could be a different slot than the current mg to preserve mobility...

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
You would not be able to be that accurate on say, a window sill.
Why wouldnt it be accurate on a window sill ?

Also, by doing that, you lose all the point of a bipod MG, which is mobility, by having to constantly deploy it, then enter it as a vehicle.

Can you explain the above a bit more
Also how is a bipod MG mobile ?
It takes less than 2 seconds to deploy and enter a deployable MG

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
This looks very cool.

Is it not something that is easily exploitable though? Also, how does this work in relation to the collisions of the statics? Are FH2's statics compatible with this or will they all have to be redone?

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Mountable MGs? Hell yes, we need those! The current MGs have a very limited use as they can be fired effectively only from a few places....
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
Like your work Devilman keep it up :P

Offline phillip

• View Profile

Something like this

hah, cool.

"some fans post videos that promote interesting discussion"

if that got refined a bit, it could make mg kits much more useful.

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
Is it not something that is easily exploitable though?

You code it accordinaly so it isnt exploitable
This can be done through several factors
mag size
deviation
overheat/cool down and associated coding
damage/minimum damage
fire rate
recoil
projectile time to live
delay to use
projectile material
projectile On Time Effect
projectile gravity Modifier
projectile dist To Start Lose Damage
projectile dist To Min Damage
destroy on exit

and a few other coding factors

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
can that be coded to only be deloyed when you have something to deply it on to? and if you have 4 mags,then fire 2 mags, and then you redeploy the mg somewhere else, would you have 4 mags again?