Author Topic: 4 suggestions for a new front, a new map, and a new vehicle, and a new MG mech.  (Read 1975 times)

Offline phillip

• View Profile
This would be really sweet.  Currently the static MG's arent very useful because as soon as you fire it, the enemy knows where it is and shoots at the window that has it.  Imagine this on brest

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
"some fans post videos that promote interesting discussion"

interesting discussion and fucked comments by assholes like Natty and his attitude problem
Call someone, let alone a dev, an asshole once again and you won't participate in any interesting discussions on these forums.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Only deployable on windows and bags or also deployable on "empty air". The latter would break up immersion.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Some thoughts:
-how do you deal with it being placed on objects of different heights?  What if you place it on the floor - will the playermodel look like he's been buried up to his neck?  Will it trap people on it if placed in a too confined space?
-since it's still a pretty cumbersome system you will also want to be carrying around a normal (as in current) version of said gun.  How do you stop someone from using this while they have their deployable one in the world?
-How do you handle picking it up?  Do you leave it there and not get a new one - or does it work like the current deployables - which are essentially ammokits?  How will this free ammo affect balance?

Sure it looks nice, and it even works - but I personally don't really think that it would be worth it.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
If there was something interesting in the thread I would have commented, but so far nothing has interested me... except 2) on AwesomeReapers list, sounds like fun maps to add to the mod, if we ever get time to create them.

**mod edited for the sake of peace**
« Last Edit: 16-02-2011, 20:02:12 by azreal »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
If the issue of deploying it at different heights is solved, I for one think this would be the the thing that finally makes deployables a real game aspect.

Btw, as your last thread got deleted, and I'm in no small part to blame, I want to just use part of this post to say sorry to you, devilman. Archi made me realize that my point of view was unfounded.

Please, no one comment on this post except in pm. I wouldnt want this thread to go that way.

OT, you can use right-click when standing to deploy since it isnt used for lmgs and german mgs anyway - prone would be as is, since if prone you would be using it as now - its using it standing that needs deploy.