Author Topic: FH2 exe doesnt react  (Read 525 times)

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
FH2 exe doesnt react
« on: 25-08-2011, 02:08:23 »
Hello, well here is my problem:

my fh2 worked without any trouble until yesterday when the game crashed (in the middle of a game) and i was thrown on my desktop. then i clicked on my fh2 exe (which i had used just 20 mins before) and it didnt react. task manager showed that fh2 was running, but it didnt start.
i restarted my computer and nothing changed. also reinstallation of bf2 and fh2 didnt change a thing. the exe doesnt react. i stay on my desktop.

the regular bf2 works perfectly fine.

any plan?
« Last Edit: 25-08-2011, 02:08:18 by Butcher »
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 exe doesnt react
« Reply #1 on: 25-08-2011, 07:08:06 »
Nothing at all happens? No visisble changes for a split second?
Are you sure that you deleted all files belonging to FH2 while reinstalling?
Especially the files under Documents/Forgottenhp 2/?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-08-2011, 13:08:46 »
the fh2 exe not reacting was the Reason why i reinstalled - but it still continues. the only thing i can see is that when i open the task manager there stands fh2 as a process. and nothing else happens. the monitor doesnt even get black for a sec.

i also did delete everything in documents/forgottenhope 2.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-08-2011, 13:08:30 »
Check the BF2 folder for forgottenhope2.exe and use that one. Don't know if that will help though, but FH2.exe is an older exe as far as I know.

It's in ...\EA Games\Battlefield 2.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-08-2011, 23:08:48 »
doesnt help either :/

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26-08-2011, 09:08:14 »
Start it in windowed mode, check if there is an hidden error message on your screen.

If that doesn't help start BF2.exe and then switch to FH2 in the community tab. Don't know what this will do to your shaders though.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)