Author Topic: Vehicle bugs  (Read 1114 times)

Offline XtotheZ

• View Profile
Vehicle bugs
« on: 17-05-2016, 16:05:17 »
I want to report 2 bugs:
1. On the map "Siege of Giarabub" Italians can use the Universal Carrier, left by Britain forces, but can't use Britain Chevy car. It is weird.
2. The panzerfaust totally destroys light (i guess) tanks, but just half-damages the Halftracks. When I shoot the Halftrack it's crew get wasted, but the vehicle still in good condition. It is weird too.

Offline XtotheZ

• View Profile
Re: Vehicle bugs
« Reply #1 on: 20-05-2016, 19:05:05 »
I found another little bug: on some maps the sign "Mines!" misses a texture and appears white.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-05-2016, 20:05:20 »
I found another little bug: on some maps the sign "Mines!" misses a texture and appears white.
Could you post a screenshot of this pls?

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-05-2016, 06:05:46 »
I want to report 2 bugs:
1. On the map "Siege of Giarabub" Italians can use the Universal Carrier, left by Britain forces, but can't use Britain Chevy car. It is weird.
2. The panzerfaust totally destroys light (i guess) tanks, but just half-damages the Halftracks. When I shoot the Halftrack it's crew get wasted, but the vehicle still in good condition. It is weird too.

1. On many maps, you can capture unarmed vehicles, but can't capture armed vehicles. I suppose it's just for balance reasons.

2. Pretty sure it destroys halftrack if you hit general area of engine. If you hit the back compartment, all you do is tiny (imaginary) hole and dead people inside. Although same could be said to happen to tanks, but I guess there's some logic behind this. It's a game afterall.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-05-2016, 09:05:19 »

2. Pretty sure it destroys halftrack if you hit general area of engine. If you hit the back compartment, all you do is tiny (imaginary) hole and dead people inside. Although same could be said to happen to tanks, but I guess there's some logic behind this. It's a game afterall.

I have experienced this while in a tank.  Many times I hit a halftrack with a tank round and it recieves little damage.  Sometimes this happens with a truck too.  I know the engines are supposed to be the most vulnerable but that should just be for gun fire, IMO.  A tank round of AP or HE ought to blow them to hell.  It always seems buggy to me.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-05-2016, 10:05:49 »
I have experienced this while in a tank.  Many times I hit a halftrack with a tank round and it recieves little damage.  Sometimes this happens with a truck too.  I know the engines are supposed to be the most vulnerable but that should just be for gun fire, IMO.  A tank round of AP or HE ought to blow them to hell.  It always seems buggy to me.
HE shells blow them to hell in most occassions, that's what they are for and when it comes to vehicles like cars and trucks, you don't even have to hit the vehicle directly to blow it up / kill the crew. AP shells can do little damage as they can go through the armour (unless you hit the engine), it also affects planes, if you manage to hit one with an AP shell, you will just do some minor damage, HE = insta kill.

Offline XtotheZ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-05-2016, 14:05:32 »
Quote from: ajappat
1. On many maps, you can capture unarmed vehicles, but can't capture armed vehicles. I suppose it's just for balance reasons.
Thanks, captain obvious. Maybe I explaned it bad. Chevy is a truck with machineguns, it CAN be captrued by the Germans/Italians (i tried this!) on ALL maps EXCEPT the Siege of Giarabub. So, it IS a bug.

Quote from: Slayer
Could you post a screenshot of this pls?
Maybe later, when I got it.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-05-2016, 15:05:38 »
Thanks, captain obvious. Maybe I explaned it bad. Chevy is a truck with machineguns, it CAN be captrued by the Germans/Italians (i tried this!) on ALL maps EXCEPT the Siege of Giarabub. So, it IS a bug.
No it is NOT. Chevy is teamlocked by a mapper, most likely for balance reasons, which are quite obvious when you think about it ;)

Offline XtotheZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-05-2016, 16:05:23 »
No it is NOT. Chevy is teamlocked by a mapper, most likely for balance reasons, which are quite obvious when you think about it ;)

So why the Universal Carrier is not locked, huh?

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21-05-2016, 16:05:31 »
Quote from: ajappat
On all except Giarabub, Crete and Hyacint. I think yanks are also unable to use Hanomags in Ramelle.

Edit:
So why the Universal Carrier is not locked, huh?
It's not armed so you can't pin attackers down with their own moving MG bunker.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21-05-2016, 19:05:41 »
HE shells blow them to hell in most occassions, that's what they are for and when it comes to vehicles like cars and trucks, you don't even have to hit the vehicle directly to blow it up / kill the crew. AP shells can do little damage as they can go through the armour (unless you hit the engine), it also affects planes, if you manage to hit one with an AP shell, you will just do some minor damage, HE = insta kill.
Good to know.  In years of playing this, I always assumed it was an occaisional bug.  Why?  Because it is not intuitive.  If any of those vehicles were hit by an AP round they would be knocked out.  Maybe not blown up, but blowing up is all we got.  If it kills a tank it should kill a truck.  It should certainly knock an airplane out of the sky, if you are lucky enough to hit it.  Not to mention it sucks to change ammo when you are trying to ambush passing vehicles.  Do AP rounds still bounce off of dudes' faces or is that fixed?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21-05-2016, 20:05:45 »
Good to know.  In years of playing this, I always assumed it was an occaisional bug.  Why?  Because it is not intuitive.  If any of those vehicles were hit by an AP round they would be knocked out.  Maybe not blown up, but blowing up is all we got.  If it kills a tank it should kill a truck.  It should certainly knock an airplane out of the sky, if you are lucky enough to hit it.  Not to mention it sucks to change ammo when you are trying to ambush passing vehicles.  Do AP rounds still bounce off of dudes' faces or is that fixed?
If your aim is good, AP shell is definately all you need to knock out any vehicle in game (distance + devation + ping may ruin it though) I think just some parts of vehicles are penetrable like that. For exmaple when you hit the canvas on the back of the truck, you will see a hit indicator, but it won't blow up. When you hit engine of a plane with AP round it will explode, HEs just give you better chances of blowing them up into pieces even with a small scratch, since it will make your shells go boom and none of the soft-skinned vehicles will survive that... unless it's a tiny caliber round like 20mm, then you'll need few shells to finish it off, obviously.

and yes, sadly, AP shells can still bounce of dudes' faces AFAIK  :P