Author Topic: FH2Tournament Custom Map Event #1: Italian Campaign Weekend- Starting Fri Aug 24  (Read 18695 times)

Offline tosh

• View Profile
every map is a very good for me.
but I want that activate WaW pickup kits.
UW_PickUpAssaultM2Carbine, WaW_Ge_AT3_pickup, WaW_Ge_Engineer3_pickup, UW_PickUpM2A1105_dep_waw, UW_PickUpMortar_waw.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
UW_PickUpM2A1105_dep_waw

Is that a deployable pickup howitzer WHAT

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
Very nice weekend.  Maps gameplay and graphics were way over my expectations.   Most of them were little too big for my taste, but with the 64+ server, it wasn't problematic.   Thx for the event.   ;D

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
Same here. Had some really fun games. Thank you for the event and don't hesitate to launch another event at some point :) Good for FH2, good for the players, good for FH and WaW.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
I enjoyed this event very much. thanks!

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
The maps have all quiet good potential to become official maps with some tweaks. They are all winnable for both teams, except Salerno where I never saw the german team winning with 64+ players. The other maps rely on good teamwork. We had a full working squad and it was fun as hell. We tried to play on both sides to see how it plays out and we were quiet successfull.

One of the few problems I had were the missing flag markers on the minimap on Garigliano Crossing and extremely floating walls on this map. I have to second that the spawn jeeps are not a good idea.

The rest is top notch and really brings fun for the player.

@Kwiot: when you feel the lack of teamplay, why don't you join a different squad or open a own one. I played with alot of different people these last three days and never had the feeling that I was surrounded by headless chickens.

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
UW_PickUpM2A1105_dep_waw

Is that a deployable pickup howitzer WHAT

Yes, WaW has a lot of nice custom toys ;)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The server is running again today. Make sure you play Biazza if you haven't already.
We also added some stock maps for variety later on.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
They are all winnable for both teams, except Salerno where I never saw the german team winning with 64+ players.
Well, then that makes the set complete, because I didn't see axis win on Garigliano Crossing, but I did see them win Salerno (by holding the castle till round's end). :)

Offline inlifex

• View Profile
After 3 evenings playing I noticed several things:

Overall really great maps, but:
    - Garigliano is really unbalaced - especially airforce (Axis also needs Whirblewind), havent seen Axis win this map
    - Diadem needs better push mode - Americans usually won because of back capping; also suiciding by falling from the hill and getting stuck in the holes was quite annoying; also I suggest to remove mine kit - tanks can only use roads and it's to easy to eliminate them
    - Salerno is quite ok, maybe different push mode, like it was played in the campaign, but objectives should stat
    - Etna - Spit IX is really OP there, I don't know if theres any German plane who can lead equal dogfight against him, so I suggest to add Whirblewind; and less tickets for Americans - if Germans want to win, they will have to keep Americans all the time on the bleed, and I'm not sure if it would be enough (however the ticket ratio for 64 players might be ok)

And now some thoughts about gameplay:
-After reading some complaints about lack of efficiency of Germans tanks, I decided to check it out and drive a bit more than usually. I was quite shocked when I found out that Tiger need 2 shots to destroy M10 from the front and Panzer IV can't destroy Sherman from the side with one shot (even from close distance! This is ridiculous!
-People don't know how to play this game - usually whole team defends 1 flag while 5 others are also cappable and instead of defending them, they run like headless chickens around the map; people don't know what red cross or green loop means; there's no teamplay and theres no good sls - while attacking the flag, usually sl is running first, getting shot first and attack is failed or behaves in the way that you're geeting killed all the time...  ::)

Kwiot -  all I kept hearing from you (besides calling me a hacker) was complaining about your team instead of taking the lead and being proactive. Bashing out your team in all chat kills morale, yes, you will have idiots running around like idiots but not all are 'chicken heads'. Trust me when I say this, it takes 1 to make a diference in a round. All maps were great and had many strengths and weaknesses but regardless of what they were a good strategy can alaways balance the odds.
Garigliano - axis had more than sufficient AA statics at flags, including 88 Flak which shot me down plenty a time. High vegitation and natural surroundings to hide if you're a tanker attacking/defending flags. One tipical mistake I kept on seeing is german tankers were right in the open for everyone to see.

Had lots of fun overall and my love remains true to the Spitfire IX, thanks Avro for the treat  ;D

PS: the only true match against spit9 would be either a 109K4 or ME262 given that someone fixes the K4  :-*

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
The 88 at Church on Garigliano was fucking awesome, I have never ever had so many AA kills with the Flak in my life. It was like that was the ONLY Flak I could hit a plane with, actually, as I normally can't hit shit with it. :D

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
Kwiot -  all I kept hearing from you (besides calling me a hacker) was complaining about your team instead of taking the lead and being proactive. Bashing out your team in all chat kills morale, yes, you will have idiots running around like idiots but not all are 'chicken heads'.

I would, but nobody would listen to my orders...  ::)

Garigliano - axis had more than sufficient AA statics at flags, including 88 Flak which shot me down plenty a time.
Yeah, plenty... I saw your stats - it was sth like 25-2...

Offline CAREER OF EVIL

• STEAM ...CAREEREVIL
    • View Profile
YES GREAT FUN.
one thing i didnt like was  all the players
are so DARK on them maps. was it just me ?
and found it bit lagy my ping was high
im in Canada .
it was hard tell diff sides apart ei was dark
i play axis all the time so i dont shoot guy on my side
so if i killed any one on my side
SORRY!

CAREER OF EVIL

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
Lighting should definitely be improved on Diadem, game objects are apparently not lightmapped well (too bright and without "shadows"). Etna Line might have been improved since I last played that map, unfortunately the terrain still feels kind of bright. I don't know if it is intended, but it doesn't feel "immersive". Salerno has too dark player models, yes. I like the sun and the dawn setting, but the it almost looks like as if the players were shadows themselves sometimes. I also noticed some of the buildings weren't lightmapped. Gargiliano on the other hand seems too much bright, it could be the post procesing filter though (if one was applied) as I don't think objects stand too much out of their surroundings.

Biazza has always been a neat map, ever since late 2009 when I first played that map. But the new flag in the north could use some tweaking regarding its "blandness". Currently it's just a couple of buildings thrown onto a flat ground only being there for the sole purpose of having that capture point there. Could certainly use a bit more variety, add some boxes, wheelbarrows, sandbags whatever. And some ground color variation on top of that (some sand spots here and there perhaps like something was transported there...).

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
 Best map: Garigliano Crossing
 Next best: Biazza Ridge

Would have liked to played Operation Husky.....

Great event. I think the community response was outstanding.
 8)

Biiviz

My favorite map was definitely Garigliano Crossing. Beautiful, loads of great toys (BMW R71 especially), completely open so it's easy to flank and maneuver, all elements of attack included (land, sea, air) and with plenty of transport (incl. C47 for airdrop). It really felt like the golden days of FH1, which is a plus in my book as I had so much fun with FH1.

On Etna Line I mostly just fought as infantry in the town, as getting out in the open without a tank meant getting killed by mobile AA. Still very much enjoyable.

I can't really comment on Salerno and Biazza Ridge. First one I played once and Biazza Ridge I've yet to try out.

Least favorite at the moment is Operation Diadem, mostly 'cause I'm not a fan of night maps. Also, because to me it just felt like an endless grenade spam fest combined with falling off mountains every now and then.

Overall a very enjoyable event, thanks to F|H and WaW for making it happen. It was also great to see so many players online. At some point the 130 player server was close to full while 762 was almost full, plus a couple of guys on hslan.