Author Topic: Who is feeling pumped to hit the beaches with 128 players tonight...  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Just got home from work, stoked is an understatement 8) seeing people talking about pak kills, charging up the beaches. It killed me with jealousy to read half these threads at work today.

On another note, (and unrelated to the flaming that's been going on in this thread) there's a lot of long time FH2 players here that are psyched for this release. And hopefully 2.46 brings in a ton of new people and re-invigorates this mod.

I just hope the long time players here will extend a helping hand to the new guys and be as polite and respectful to them as possible. FH2 has a tough learning curve, especially when you're a new person playing with FH2 vets who can kill you in the blink of an eye cough *koenig* cough, and it certainly doesn't help if other people on the server are yelling at you for accidental tks or being a general n00b. I, for one, am really gonna TRY to bite my tongue tomorrow when it comes to the inevitable noobiness and smaktardiness that a re-surged player base brings; and I hope the other FH2 vets will do the same. Obviously keep an eye on the trolls that join in just to ruin a server :P but let's take it upon ourselves to show the new players the ropes, don't be so quick to yell at someone who doesn't know what they're doing and hopefully the new FH2 players will stay for many more patches to come.

There's a small core of dedicated players here, but we can make that player base grow by showing the new guys why this is the best WW2 game out there. 8)

*PSA over* :P       

Offline BlueBaron

• View Profile
The 2 new maps are great....You did a great job !

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
please stop acting like kids and remove the ban of Excavus!

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
Dear Excavus,

I have replied to your post properly. If you still have questions, complain in this forum:
http://www.762-ranking.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?6-You-are-banned

In case you cannot register, give me a PM here and I will create an account for you.
We had sufficient reason to ban you, or there would have been no ban.
You were the only player we had to ban yesterday, for all others, warnings and kicks were sufficient.
Maybe that tells you something.

There won't be any more replies by any [762] admins to you about this matter in this very
forum thread here, since we will not take part in derailing it any further.

ON TOPIC:
Thanks for joining us, [WaW] and [F|H] public servers yesterday. We had a real blast.
On all three community teamspeak servers that I could visit yesterday (ours, Forgotten Honor,
Team Cont@ct), the players were excited to play FH2 again. We also had some visitors from [WaW]
over on our TS and playing with us in the squads.

The tanking is very interesting, the guns fire more precisely at long range, the turrets turn better.
Love the permanent minemarkers! The fast-dropping of satchels should make them much more useful now.

After 7 hours straight with close to full 128 players we had to restart the server after the round had ended.
We got some disturbing rubberbanding, but after the restart it worked remarkably better.

All in all I have to thank the developers here as player and admin for providing this release.
Many problems brought to notice by the community have been addressed, making FH2.46 a good release.
I hope to see you guys for some rounds on [762]#4 today, I can't wait to do more testing on the tanks
and try the reworked "old" maps.

Best Regards,
x4fun ODIUM.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Well good to see everybody was pumped. Damn the first I opened the hatch on the LCP with 128 players, I looked left I looked right, absolute chaos!.

Thread has severed it's purpose.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
On another note, (and unrelated to the flaming that's been going on in this thread) there's a lot of long time FH2 players here that are psyched for this release.
I was really happy to see some old-timers join in yesterday. Among many, many others I spotted Pz. Magnus, Toddel, ajappat, and Die Happy. Also very nice to play alongside people who I didn't see play public in a long time, outside of the tournaments, I mean.

It felt good that I had the possibility to switch between 762 with 128 players and F|H with 84 players, based on the map running currently :) Let's keep it up!