Author Topic: Crashing to desktop when tries to connect with a server  (Read 354 times)

Offline MATUSALEM

• View Profile
Hi all!
So, as the subject already says, when I try to enter a server the game crashes. I play only in sp because of my slow internet connection, but sometimes I just want to try to ignore lag and join a real time battle with real people hehe  ;D ;D
What might be going on? I created a new account, as the old ones no longer works.
Have a good day you all! Thanks for everything!
The way to peace is respect - and a weapon loaded...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing to desktop when tries to connect with a server
« Reply #1 on: 01-03-2016, 19:03:32 »
Did you try to search the forums for the solution of this problem? (search button on the upper right corner) It seems to be an issue I've seen here a lot of time before.

You need be more specific if you want us to help you. Do you have a retail copy of your BF2 isntalled? Steam version? Or did you download BF2 for free from battlelog.co? If you've installed a legal copy of BF2 from a CD, did you patch it with version 1.41 and 1.5 before you installed FH2? Is your CD-key valid or you're using a random one you found on the internet?

Solution for your problem might be here. If that doesn't help you, play your game in windowed mode and post the error message here for further investigation ;)

Offline MATUSALEM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-03-2016, 23:03:48 »
Hi!
I've not playĆ­ng this great game for years I think, and simply forgot if I really installed or just copied the Steam folders, now I'll follow your instructions, and I'll report the results :D
Thank you for all! Great help! o/

P.S
Worked fine! Sorry for bothering you, I really should have searched on the forum, but as I didn't see in the first page I made this post. I beg your pardon for this lazy attitude.
« Last Edit: 01-03-2016, 23:03:08 by MATUSALEM »
The way to peace is respect - and a weapon loaded...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-03-2016, 23:03:09 »
No problem, mate! Good to hear it did work for you. Cya in the battlefield! ;)