Author Topic: "Airstrikes"  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: "Airstrikes"
« Reply #30 on: 22-02-2010, 08:02:08 »

About that no one is controlling them, if you are taking that line you could right away take away those flyovers from PDH and PHL.  :P

there are no flyovers in PHL. and the ones in pdh doesnt drop bombs. they are just ambience, like the birds hovering over certain maps. eye-candy, not player-killers.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22-02-2010, 20:02:39 »
question.. wasnt there a kit in FH1 on the tobruk that you could pick up and use the binocs to call in a stuka in which you controlled with a top looking down view of the battlefield?
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22-02-2010, 22:02:39 »
uhm...this entire thread is about putting something like that in fh2  :-\

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23-02-2010, 04:02:00 »
i thought it was change the commander arty to an airstrike..
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23-02-2010, 08:02:46 »
Why not give other team normal commander artillery and other airstrike. I think it would be quite realistic also as far as I know, allies got airsuperiority on westfront.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23-02-2010, 08:02:18 »
Why not give other team normal commander artillery and other airstrike. I think it would be quite realistic also as far as I know, allies got airsuperiority on westfront.

and what about other fronts ?
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline glued2worldwar2

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28-02-2010, 21:02:41 »
An airplane strafing with 20mm and 8 rockets (maybe 80mm mortar explosions) or just make the airplane high above cloud level (like how much of an airplane do you see when one flys 30,000 feet over your house) and just have faint approaching propeller and then have 8 1000 pound bombs drop with a distinct whistle (for a fair warning)

P.S. What about you being able to set up a "radio station" and you enter and message in a airstrike and it places I don't know if it's possible maybe 4 AI [I only play singleplayer] into a ground attack airplane with 2 20mm cannons and 2 35mm gun pods firing maybe 10 shots each snf maybe 8 60mm rockets but make it so you call in the airplane then 30 or 45 seconds later you hear them approaching and mark where they should start strafing and 10 seconds later they come in and make 1 pass that sparsely-mediumly covers an area 100m long and 30m wide
« Last Edit: 28-02-2010, 21:02:41 by glued2worldwar2 »
Signature too large

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01-03-2010, 10:03:09 »
I'm not sure a strafing run is possible since it requires the plane swooping in and then gliding away - Not sure a plane on a rail can do that as they seem to only be able to move in a straight line - And it might be tough for them to tell where to fire or if they should 'seek out' targets to strafe, which I'm SURE is also impossible.

maybe in BF2142 with the sentry gun logic, but I doubt BF2 has that

I really think FH1 had all we need

Sure, the commander assets are good for core artillery - just improve the sound effect for distant guns firing, perhaps add distant glare from the 'shots' just out of map range, definitely improve the sound and animation for shells falling and it will be as realistic as it gets

Calling in commander airstrikes would be more tricky as you would expect them inn a particular timeframe which would be unrealistic for real planes to do - Using binoculars however is a fair compromise and balances rail planes with human aim/ error, which is perfect if implementable.