Poll

The warning scream sound when throwing a grenade, keep it or remove it?

Keep it!
Remove it!
Be able to turn it on or off!

Author Topic: New grenade 'falling on the ground' sound + removal of scream throw sound  (Read 9187 times)

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
------------
Poll opinions
------------

Negatives about the sound:

- You instantly betray your position and presence to the enemy

Positives about the sound:

- It's realistic

In my opinion, if you throw a grenade no one's gonna wait for it anyway or check where you've thrown it in the first place. Why not improve our anticipation skills instead and be more cautious. Nothing is more akward than giving away the position of a whole squad in an attempt to 'sneak' up on the enemy. Might as well add a bright pink flag to our inventory which we can use to wave at the enemy since we're giving ourselves away anyway it might as well be amusing.

------------

I'm sure you've all played Medal of Honor and Call of Duty and both of these games have a distinct sound when a grenade is thrown and falls on the ground. You can really hear the impact and I always felt that it made a grenade more.. valuable as you could hear its actual weight, and the material it fell on, specifically in MoH these sounds were detailed.

But most importantly, this will give you a heads up when a grenade is being tossed into your bunker as you would hear the sound of it bouncing around. If only for the sound itself it wouldn't even have to buy me time to get out..! Maybe there is already a sound like this but I've never heard or its very soft?

Lastly, c'mon guys I'm sure you're all incredibly annoyed and perhaps frustrated with the screaming that goes hand in hand when throwing a grenade. Nothing is more akward than trying to ambush an approaching enemy, but you've given away your position the second you pull out the pin, and see him dodge your grenade and shoot you in the face while you still have to swap and aim your weapon. Please remove it, it's got no use!

I understand it's meant to warn your buddies but either make it so that the scream only happens when you're in a few metres radius with friendlies or not at all. Let's be honest. If you can't anticipate then that warning scream won't prevent your buddies from being TK'ed anyway, so it's better that we learn to aim and anticipate movements. Please remove the sound!

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 03-01-2010, 16:01:37 by Sgt.Loco »

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
This has been suggested many times and the search button would have brought up a few threads also wanting it removal but I understand what your saying.

Even if your buddies hear you throw the nade, how are they going to know where you threw it? Nobodies going to turn around and look at you for the 5 seconds it takes to throw.

So I second your suggestion

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

• View Profile
This has been suggested many times and the search button would have brought up a few threads also wanting it removal but I understand what your saying.

Even if your buddies hear you throw the nade, how are they going to know where you threw it? Nobodies going to turn around and look at you for the 5 seconds it takes to throw.

So I second your suggestion

I didn't know it was suggested and please don't throw that 'search' remark in my face! I just want to get it out there and I think the more people bring it up the more likely it is to be changed.. ;)

But really, if it's been suggested - did the devs respond with 'yes we'll get rid of it' or what?

Thank you.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Most suggestion threads the devs don't really answer, some like the scream and other dont  :(

So its basically "make some happy and others mad" with issues like these

• View Profile
Most suggestion threads the devs don't really answer, some like the scream and other dont  :(

So its basically "make some happy and others mad" with issues like these

But who could possibly like it and moreover WHY? Please provide me their addresses so I can pay them a persuasive visit. If there are just a handful of people want to keep it than it's lame to keep it in. I mean, removing it is just a press of the button!

• View Profile
Do you want the 'grenade throw scream sound' in or out?
« Reply #5 on: 03-01-2010, 02:01:53 »
:: Put above ::
« Last Edit: 03-01-2010, 16:01:47 by Sgt.Loco »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you want the 'grenade throw scream sound' in or out?
« Reply #6 on: 03-01-2010, 02:01:02 »
Or just make it like PR, say it when you want.

Its good for warning your mates tho..

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-01-2010, 02:01:54 »

Yeah I've heard people asking during gameplay if there was a way to turn it off. I think that he spoke for a thousand men because hardly anyone pays attention to ingame chat and this guy was desperate enough to give it a try! I was thinking the same thing, only I'm making a realistic attempt to get it changed/removed.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03-01-2010, 04:01:42 »

I'd do this, but only if they changed the comma rose to normal

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03-01-2010, 06:01:49 »
Stop beating the dead and smelly horse.

Military procedures were to warn the mates about frags, and this gives us the perfect chance to add a measure against your "I don't give a crap about my mates" manias

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03-01-2010, 06:01:59 »
But Sir, We found this horse guilty and can't stop beating him until his given punishment is fullfilled..

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03-01-2010, 06:01:50 »

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03-01-2010, 06:01:17 »

Military procedures were to warn the mates about frags, and this gives us the perfect chance to add a measure against your "I don't give a crap about my mates" manias
You'd still be able to warn them, just by your own will

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03-01-2010, 06:01:27 »
a little thing called VOIP

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03-01-2010, 06:01:38 »

You'd still be able to warn them, just by your own will

Telepathy