Author Topic: New grenade 'falling on the ground' sound  (Read 856 times)

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
New grenade 'falling on the ground' sound
« on: 26-01-2010, 00:01:29 »
I addressed this in another topic but it was shared with another question and thus didn't receive full attention. What about the grenade sound when it hits the floor? Like in Medal of Honor and Call of Duty you have very distinct sounds and you'll know when someone's tossing a grenade in the room. For some reason, it just really adds that little extra intensity to the battle. You'll get those 'oh sh*t!' situations rather than 'why did I die?' and then have to press the tilde key to see what killed me. But most of all, it shouldn't be that hard to implement this right? If not, please tell if such a sound exists and I'll add one myself as a personal mod! :-)

Thank you!

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: New grenade 'falling on the ground' sound
« Reply #1 on: 26-01-2010, 08:01:40 »
Will definitely look in to this  :) AFAIK there is a sound, but either the nade is coded badly to play the sound, or the sound itself is crap. eiher way, I agree with you: you deserve to hear the CLINK CLINK CLINK when the nade comes, so you can do a stunt roll/dive for cover like in the movies.
Only problem I see is if the game can actually play different sounds from meshes hitting surfaces depending on the material of the surface, I will ask Kev4000 to look at this. I mean, a CLINK CLINK CLINK on grass or sand would break immersion too much. But I wouldnt mind spending time creating a generic sound that sounds ok on all surface. Something like a THUD with a little "ping" to it, if you knowwhaddaImean?  :)

thanks!

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-01-2010, 08:01:15 »
There is currently a soft "tinkle" when a nade lands next to you. It doesn't sound right for non-grass/mud surfaces and is quite quiet.

I support better sound!

Offline K.Nassau

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-01-2010, 12:01:17 »
Seconded!

Offtopic: By the way wasn't there supposed to be immersive sounds in 2.25 like the equipment banging against eachother etc when running?

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-01-2010, 01:01:46 »
Thanks Natty! Glad to hear you like my suggestion. It's a small detail, but it would just be so awesome too have! Take note of those sounds in games like Medal of Honor: Airborne or Call of Duty, which has a very distinct sound, but all fantastic!