Author Topic: Range of View in Tanks  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
Re: Range of View in Tanks
« Reply #15 on: 27-01-2010, 00:01:29 »

I like to hunt tanks, but the tanks are just so damn flexible. For example that Cromwell functions more like an attack buggy with armour and big guns, the gun can be turned incredibly fast as well as its traction. Sometimes I wonder if this matches up with real life.

If anything ruins your AT run it is enemy tankers who blind spot everything they come across too.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27-01-2010, 01:01:59 »
What are you talking about?  No tank in FH2 has a "3rd person view..."

Yes there is, just switch the camera views.

And Cadyshack is right, a Cupola view, like in RO would have my vote instead of the 3rd person view.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27-01-2010, 01:01:45 »
3rd person view is disabled for tanks 'fo sho'. It is only allowed for trucks, APCs and jeeps - vehicles which armaments are not under drivers control. By 3rd person view I mean a camera view hoovering above vehicle in a way it is shown with it's surroundings.
« Last Edit: 27-01-2010, 01:01:07 by Kubador »

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27-01-2010, 14:01:02 »
What are you talking about?  No tank in FH2 has a "3rd person view..."

Yes there is, just switch the camera views.

There are 3rd person views for soft vehicles and APC's. Not for tanks.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28-01-2010, 00:01:13 »
3rd person view is disabled for tanks 'fo sho'. It is only allowed for trucks, APCs and jeeps - vehicles which armaments are not under drivers control. By 3rd person view I mean a camera view hoovering above vehicle in a way it is shown with it's surroundings.

Yes that's what I mean as well. When not aimed mode in a tank, you still get a reasonable top view of the tank and the environment. I assume it's the view from the cupola. But rather, the commander should either have his head stuck out when in this view or view from the inside like in RO, I'd still like to see some alternative or extra vulnerability as a trade-off for this 'over view' as I'll call it for now to prevent fuzz about what's considered a 3rd person view.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28-01-2010, 04:01:17 »

Yes that's what I mean as well. When not aimed mode in a tank, you still get a reasonable top view of the tank and the environment. I assume it's the view from the cupola. But rather, the commander should either have his head stuck out when in this view or view from the inside like in RO, I'd still like to see some alternative or extra vulnerability as a trade-off for this 'over view' as I'll call it for now to prevent fuzz about what's considered a 3rd person view.

That's the Periscope View.  It's supposed to represent the periscope that Tank commanders have so they can see while buttoned up.  I remember the Devs said something about possibly tweaking that view to make it more obvious that it's a periscope, such framing it to looks like a periscope or something, but I don't think it's a high priority...

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28-01-2010, 05:01:26 »
I wouldnt want 3rd person view for tanks because if they went into that view, it would be so much harder to sneak up and attack tanks  :(

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3