Author Topic: Arcade Vehicle Explosions Graphics  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Vehicle Explosions Graphics
« Reply #15 on: 23-01-2010, 19:01:47 »
By the way, some tanks (Pz4H in particular), don't stay at all when destroyed.  It seems they die, jump around a little, then "2nd explode" within 3 seconds of being destroyed.   Annoying...

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23-01-2010, 20:01:20 »
Who are you anyway? Are you with the devs? Because you always try to sound like you are. Seems more like you're always out to "win" a topic using sarcasm rather than discuss it.  ::)

Vundra show your badge of Chief of the Research Department.
And I apologize if I have a hostile tone, but I tend to get that when dealing with a topic that has been discussed many times before, and gave up long ago with being nice, as I find too often that being nice doesn't get points across.  There's a reason my real life friends have referred to me as the "Dr. House of History"

Apology accepted, but as I suspected, you might be knowledgable about WW2 and be a long time player (like me) but it doesn't earn you the right to be an *sshole. You can also choose NOT to respond and save yourself the aggrevation. ;)

Ah, but like I said, if I apparently am the "Dr House of History" like my friends say...then it also means I feed off aggrevation.  ;D

And trust me, as anyone on these forums can say, I'm a bit more then "might be knowledgeable" about WW2.  I'm more what you can call a walking encyclopedia.  ;D

Offline granpa_jo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23-01-2010, 20:01:08 »

Ah, but like I said, if I apparently am the "Dr House of History" like my friends say...then it also means I feed off aggrevation.  ;D

And trust me, as anyone on these forums can say, I'm a bit more then "might be knowledgeable" about WW2.  I'm more what you can call a walking encyclopedia.  ;D

At least I'm not alone here :D

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23-01-2010, 20:01:29 »
<walking encyclopedia high five>

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23-01-2010, 21:01:45 »

Also, the wreck going transparent isn't realistic either, I know, the wreck has to disappear somehow, but surely we can think of something more creative, though the wreck model itself is the priority. I just hope I gave the devs something to think about and make this game even more beautiful!  :)

You still havent include engine limitations here. I dont know if its entirely possible for example to make the tanks not blow up, but rather than advance a few meters, and then stop abruptly while turning a bit to the right and then burn up. That would be my way of how tanks should die; but I still dont think its possible because of the engine limitations. And also when a tank its hit and knocked out, it doesnt blows up; there's a flash and then a lot of smoke but thats it, it will only blow up if its burning and the flames reaches the ammunation or if the engine is burning.

Exactly, exactly! That's how it *should* be! I hope we can get a bit closer to that.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23-01-2010, 22:01:57 »
Anyway, I'm glad more people would like to see better wreck models. I'm not sure but didn't FH1 had static wreck models, non-black-bleached? Perhaps this would be a great example in exchange for the current black one.

The FH2 models are more black (blacker?) than the FH1 ones, but still a wreck in FH1 didn't look like you're suggesting.

By the way, some tanks (Pz4H in particular), don't stay at all when destroyed.  It seems they die, jump around a little, then "2nd explode" within 3 seconds of being destroyed.   Annoying...

This is a bug and has been reported.

Offline Sotka

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24-01-2010, 00:01:14 »
I liked in fh1 when the wreckaged flew around when hit by heavy explosions, and shells hitting close to for example a jeep bounced it around while not destroying it, nothing like blowing up tanks on bridge to see the carcass flip over to river:)

And plane wrecks that dont disingrate instantly while hitting the ground  were cool too.

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24-01-2010, 06:01:15 »
Anyway, I'm glad more people would like to see better wreck models. I'm not sure but didn't FH1 had static wreck models, non-black-bleached? Perhaps this would be a great example in exchange for the current black one.

The FH2 models are more black (blacker?) than the FH1 ones, but still a wreck in FH1 didn't look like you're suggesting.

I'm talking about wrecks like these:

Those are definitely not black.  ::)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24-01-2010, 07:01:33 »
No, have you not been reading through the entire thread.. or OP if nothing else?

He means destroyed tanks not static destuctions

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #24 on: 24-01-2010, 11:01:51 »
Well why are dyanmic wrecks blacker than static  wrecks? Can't they both be the same?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24-01-2010, 15:01:49 »
For one, the destroyed ones have code.. or I'm sure they do, otherwise physics wont apply, nor will they dissapear after a while

Also, since each represents a vehicle that is probably in the process of spawning again, it takes resources that serve no purpose. Statics are factored into the map memory usage and so they can be hi res, while destroyed tanks need to be low res, so very different thing

Also, some statics CANNOT be used, even if they could be downgraded in pixel count, like the Stuart in the pic... I don't need to explain, I think.

Now why, the devs choose almost perfect black for their modules is anothe reason for debate - But in short, no. Statics cannot be used

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #26 on: 24-01-2010, 15:01:20 »
As far as I'm aware, most of the wreck statics (at least the more recently made ones) use the same texture as the vehicle wrecks to save on texture load.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24-01-2010, 16:01:53 »
oh, wow... then I guess we're all out of excuses... :-D

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24-01-2010, 16:01:49 »
Still, a static wreck just has to be there, while a blown up vehicle has to turn into a wreck model, disappear and respawn again. This requires code, like Djinn said. To save on load, I would make the wreck models the most simple looking things ingame. And I guess that's what the devs did too.

I don't know much about textures and code, therefore I may have explained this a little crappy, I hope you lot know what I mean.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #29 on: 24-01-2010, 16:01:25 »
If I may say, the only solution 2 the matter of running a bit forward then stopping could only be done with bleeding health/armor. U get hit, go down 2 10% then u start bleeding armor until it reaches 0% then u explode or just crumble.
« Last Edit: 25-01-2010, 23:01:41 by Sgt.Radman »