Author Topic: Weapons I hope to see soon!  (Read 8894 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons I hope to see soon!
« Reply #30 on: 31-07-2009, 20:07:12 »
I want theme park! With hookers! And blackjack!  ;D

You know what, screw the blackjack and theme park.

Biiviz

« Reply #31 on: 31-07-2009, 20:07:59 »

You're not going to screw the hooker?

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31-07-2009, 20:07:22 »

You're not going to screw the hooker?

Illegal here.  Don't want to go to jail.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31-07-2009, 20:07:30 »
I never understood most Law and Order episodes because I didn't know prostitution is illegal.

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 31-07-2009, 20:07:48 »
Yeah, there are only like three places in the US that prostitution is legal.  New Jersey is not one of them.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31-07-2009, 20:07:53 »
 As a weapon of war, I would still love to see a Bagpiper kit for the Canadians.
Normandy, August 1944 saw the last instances of Canadian bagpipers playing under combat conditions and would certainly acknowledge a "forgotten" aspect of WW2.

Back OT, Given the sheer number of weapons we will eventually have in the mod, it would be nice to have an "armoury" building or bunker that would have a veritable candy store selection for all the guys that do like pick-up kits over regular issue kit.

(of course, if they could use the existing BF2 weapons selection feature, I would be even happier. Hopefully, the new ranking system will allow for such an occurence as it would add tons of gameplay value to this mod.)
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31-07-2009, 21:07:38 »
I wouldn't make them spawnable, rather pick up only.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 31-07-2009, 21:07:03 »
As a weapon of war, I would still love to see a Bagpiper kit for the Canadians.
Normandy, August 1944 saw the last instances of Canadian bagpipers playing under combat conditions and would certainly acknowledge a "forgotten" aspect of WW2.

Back OT, Given the sheer number of weapons we will eventually have in the mod, it would be nice to have an "armoury" building or bunker that would have a veritable candy store selection for all the guys that do like pick-up kits over regular issue kit.

(of course, if they could use the existing BF2 weapons selection feature, I would be even happier. Hopefully, the new ranking system will allow for such an occurence as it would add tons of gameplay value to this mod.)

I think it would be quite fun myself, don't feel like using a K98, grab a Vz. 24 or something

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31-07-2009, 21:07:09 »
some maps already have examples similar to an armoury (command bunker-Mareth or Crete-aerodrome buildings) but in terms of mod consistency, it would be nice to have a reference building that we could eventually point out and identify as the singular location for alternate kits.

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 31-07-2009, 21:07:41 »
The problem is, if this 'armoury' is in the battlefield, we're going to end up with people grabbing jeeps and other vehicles etc and just going straight for that position. However if we get something like that in an upcappable base flag, while there will be instances when people will speed right into the enemy base and raid the armoury, I would still like to see something like it ingame.

As for the bagpiper kit, I think its a great idea. Remember, this kit doesnt have to be limited to the Canadians  :P  ;D
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Taranov

« Reply #40 on: 31-07-2009, 21:07:58 »

Tell it to Bender  ;D

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31-07-2009, 21:07:58 »
@ Drew,
 The best location would be to have the Armoury location in either the Un-cappable mainbase or somewhere else that removes the kit campers from immediate action.

To an extent, I do concur with your assertion that some noobs may hijack vehicles to go get kits but be realistic here dude, seeing as you are a tester, you know fully well that this issue will never be resolved. The best thing to do is to leave it to the mappers discretion and to hope for the best.

Another thing to bear in mind is the simple fact that the FH2 playerbase has a very low tolerance for such bullcrap, so much so that anyone who steps out of line is bound to be put in their place very quickly or they just get the ban hammer. ( a ban from WOLF and HSLAN = no more FH2 for you)

WRT Canadian bagpipers, i am from Vancouver, B.C., Canada and actively play with bagpipe bands which is where my interest in their participation in WW2 comes from. I have heard a few stories over the years that have been effective at recounting the impact that a simple set of pipes would have on the morale of entire armies and i hope they make it in-game some day. (a No.4 enfield with a set of pipes that increase other players stamina would rock my world and would be 100% historically accurate)

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31-07-2009, 22:07:32 »
@ Drew,
 The best location would be to have the Armoury location in either the Un-cappable mainbase or somewhere else that removes the kit campers from immediate action.

To an extent, I do concur with your assertion that some noobs may hijack vehicles to go get kits but be realistic here dude, seeing as you are a tester, you know fully well that this issue will never be resolved. The best thing to do is to leave it to the mappers discretion and to hope for the best.

Another thing to bear in mind is the simple fact that the FH2 playerbase has a very low tolerance for such bullcrap, so much so that anyone who steps out of line is bound to be put in their place very quickly or they just get the ban hammer. ( a ban from WOLF and HSLAN = no more FH2 for you)

WRT Canadian bagpipers, i am from Vancouver, B.C., Canada and actively play with bagpipe bands which is where my interest in their participation in WW2 comes from. I have heard a few stories over the years that have been effective at recounting the impact that a simple set of pipes would have on the morale of entire armies and i hope they make it in-game some day. (a No.4 enfield with a set of pipes that increase other players stamina would rock my world and would be 100% historically accurate)
Yeh I agree, most maps are never truly 'n00b-proof', but we should be thankful that FH2 has a gd record of non-n00b behaviour, and that the servers that are mostly played on are admined very frequently.

As for bagpipes, there has been many occasions of bagpipes being used in WW2, especially in Africa aswell.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31-07-2009, 22:07:47 »
 Even to this day, Pipers hold a very special place in the Canadian Forces but you are absolutely correct that piper's and drummers (mostly pipers) were to be found in all theatres.

One of my favourite examples is the ceremony held in Dieppe 1944 by the Canadians to honour their fallen comrades from the original, disastrous raid. Another which is dear to my heart is the Ortona dinner held by the Seaforths for Christmas in 1943. In the midst of a raging battle, men congregated in the church to have a real Christmas dinner, sing songs, pray and to also hear the pipes played.

Be it on the march, on garrison duty or simply to entertain liberated peoples, there is a poignancy to the pipes that ensures that their place in the history of World War 2 is never forgotten.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31-07-2009, 23:07:53 »
has everyone forgotten about the almighty Johnson LMG and Semiauto rifle??