Author Topic: BATTLEGROUP 42  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Khaine

• View Profile
Re: BATTLEGROUP 42
« Reply #15 on: 09-01-2015, 12:01:14 »
Is Forgotten Hope 1 still active ?

Afaik yes. Ik there's some active servers on the weekends. Pixel fighter still gets a few people a night iirc too.

Yesterday on pixel-fighter you had at least 40 ppl the whole evening (19:00 to 23:00 berlin time). You might find even more players during the week-end, although there are less players when they run their custom maps. FHSW-europ's server has also a good ammount of players at evening during the week-end, and the japanese server is always full near 11:00 AM (Berlin time again).

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #16 on: 10-01-2015, 12:01:15 »
Hell yeah we developers know BG42! :)

I at least used to play BG42 a lot, along with FH1, back in the days. It was a lot of fun but something called me to Forgotten Hope more, for some reason.

But I've always got fond respect for BG42 :)

Offline TheBlueBaron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11-01-2015, 21:01:11 »
Hell yeah we developers know BG42! :)

I at least used to play BG42 a lot, along with FH1, back in the days. It was a lot of fun but something called me to Forgotten Hope more, for some reason.

But I've always got fond respect for BG42 :)

It would be awesome if the BG42 developers would create a mod for Battlefield 2

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11-01-2015, 21:01:10 »
They have, it is called Battlegroup Frontlines.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #19 on: 12-01-2015, 18:01:25 »
Battegroup frontlines for BF2 rocked, I loved the heavy feeling of their tanks.

I have to agree with you on that. Although it didn't have the over-all high standard FH2 has, the tank driving experience was probably one of the best I've ever had in any game. They made it feel like you were driving 40 tons of metal - something no other game or mod has ever captured as well in my honest opinion.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #20 on: 12-01-2015, 20:01:33 »

I have to agree with you on that. Although it didn't have the over-all high standard FH2 has, the tank driving experience was probably one of the best I've ever had in any game. They made it feel like you were driving 40 tons of metal - something no other game or mod has ever captured as well in my honest opinion.

Actually, I just downloaded the 2013 release. I take it back - FH2 is better in every aspect.

Credit where credit is due - I do like the heavy feeling of tanks in initial acceleration, some of the accompanying sound effects for the tanks are nice and I like how heavily the ragdoll bodies drop but that is about it.

All in all It feels like a BF2 mod, something FH2 doesn't feel like at all.

Offline TheBlueBaron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13-01-2015, 01:01:01 »

Actually, I just downloaded the 2013 release. I take it back - FH2 is better in every aspect.

Credit where credit is due - I do like the heavy feeling of tanks in initial acceleration, some of the accompanying sound effects for the tanks are nice and I like how heavily the ragdoll bodies drop but that is about it.

All in all It feels like a BF2 mod, something FH2 doesn't feel like at all.

I also downloaded the 2013 version yesterday.

Good game but I definitely prefer FH2.

However, I have to admit that the feeling of the tank is awesome. I don't know if FH2 developers could be inspired.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13-01-2015, 01:01:27 »
However, I have to admit that the feeling of the tank is awesome. I don't know if FH2 developers could be inspired.
Suggested dozen of times in the past and proved to be buggy during online play iirc, but I still like it, I think I will download BGF again  :D
« Last Edit: 13-01-2015, 01:01:15 by jan_kurator »

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #23 on: 13-01-2015, 18:01:46 »
Suggested dozen of times in the past and proved to be buggy during online play iirc, but I still like it, I think I will download BGF again  :D

I would still kill for a secondary speed for all vehicles which is the same as infantry walking pace so that the two could advance together.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-01-2015, 20:01:09 »
You can use either racing wheel petals or a gamepad to do that or even both combined like i do

Pedals for throttle reverse and gamepad for turret and fire controls.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #25 on: 14-01-2015, 20:01:05 »
So by doing that can you drive at a maintained low speed without tapping the throttle?

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14-01-2015, 23:01:36 »
Yeah Bouras, can you post a pic of what you mean? It sounds pretty slick.

Good to see folks are still chatting about BG42 & BGF. I remember in the dark days waiting for FH2 looking at a bunch of BGF videos.

(Edit: Sorry for the spelling Bouras)
« Last Edit: 16-01-2015, 00:01:23 by TASSER »
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15-01-2015, 09:01:55 »
Yeah Boras,
>:(

@josh
Yes since throttle pedals or gamepad sticks are force sensitive you can have them set on throttle and push them half way or midway and you will be able to go as slow or as fast as you want.

+Image

Turning controls can be set to either the second stick or the buttons below the fire controls. I mean the possibilities are endless if you can have it set up like that you can do whatever you like.

Only con is you cannot use the free mouse view (ctrl+mouse).

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15-01-2015, 10:01:44 »
Quite epic, I'll try it sometime

Offline Lydecker

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15-01-2015, 10:01:03 »
Only con is you cannot use the free mouse view (ctrl+mouse).

You could try JoyToKey for that and have it go left or right by press of a button. I had that on my joystick's hat for flying. You can also set how fast it moves, etc. And no need to change that Ctrl+Mouse setting in BF2 either.