Author Topic: Planes take off too fast  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Adûnâi

• View Profile
Planes take off too fast
« on: 04-01-2016, 02:01:32 »
Planes take off too fast. It takes less than three seconds. Is this an engine limitation or something you agreed upon? Even vanilla Battlefield 1942 got it closer to reality with at least six seconds. And in that game planes on the ground move far slower and are harder to control and take off again than in Forgotten Hope 2.

I believe, it also effects maneuverability. It is too high. Even Me 262, which in Forgotten Hope 0.7 is difficult to control, is overpowered here with both speed and insane maneuverability to boot.
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
Re: Planes take off too fast
« Reply #1 on: 26-02-2016, 15:02:59 »
its fine.. fh2 not flight sim

Offline AverageAlien

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-02-2016, 20:02:44 »
Even Me 262, which in Forgotten Hope 0.7 is difficult to control, is overpowered here with both speed and insane maneuverability to boot.
But Me262 is a jet fighter.. we dont have it in fh2  ???
I agree that take off is way too fast, planes take off like if they were made of paper, the maneuverability seems fine to me though

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-02-2016, 21:02:06 »
Even Me 262, which in Forgotten Hope 0.7 is difficult to control, is overpowered here with both speed and insane maneuverability to boot.
But Me262 is a jet fighter.. we dont have it in fh2  ???
There is FH1 port of it added to some custom community made maps. I would not mention it here though, as it has nothing to do with original FH2 content and it isn't codded by devs AFAIK.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-02-2016, 10:02:36 »
Well, I wouldnt mind if planes take of 2-3 secons longer than now
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-03-2016, 09:03:47 »
The map in FH2 is much smaller, if planes don't maneuver as quick or take-off as fast, they waste too much space and easily fell prey to expert AA gunners. Moreover, I feel that the draw distance in BF2 engine is severely lacking to have a proper FH1 style realism.

FH1 has better combat system, because it has better draw distance, better map size, and more geared towards vehicular combat, rather than "enhanced FPS".

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-03-2016, 12:03:32 »
FH1 has better combat system, because it has better draw distance, better map size, and more geared towards vehicular combat, rather than "enhanced FPS".

Haha, I love it when people write these things like they know what they are talking about.

Fun fact: The only BF1942/FH1 maps with bigger map sizes than FH2 maps are some of the pacific maps with lots of water.
Also, the biggest view distance in Forgotten Hope ever is FH2 Crete (850). The same map had 500m view distance in FH1. Generally FH2 maps have longer average view distance than FH1. Seelow for example: 350 in FH1, 400 in FH2.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-03-2016, 18:03:00 »
So, the planes are significantly faster in FH2 then?

It is very difficult to fly the Typhoons in Totalize and not overshoot the combat zone before lining up for proper strafing runs.