Author Topic: how do i play FH2 multiplayer?  (Read 4546 times)

Offline theLargeCow

• View Profile
how do i play FH2 multiplayer?
« on: 18-12-2015, 21:12:55 »
Hey fellas I was under the impression that Battlefield 2 no longer had internet or multiplayer or whatever, and also assumed that because of that FH2 was dead. But today i saw a youtube video uploaded a month ago and checked out the website again, finding you guys still update the mod. So I wanted to know if you can tell me a play by play of how I can actually play this mod? I absolutely adored this mod the last time i played it, but embarassingly could barely run it on my old toaster of a computer. When I got my new pc i intended for me to play the everliving shit out of FH2. SO thanks for the help fellas

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
Re: how do i play FH2 multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: 18-12-2015, 22:12:22 »
http://battlelog.co/downloads.php#client

Install BF2 from here, then download FH2 launcher and let it install the mod & play.

Offline theLargeCow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-12-2015, 22:12:42 »
http://battlelog.co/downloads.php#client

Install BF2 from here, then download FH2 launcher and let it install the mod & play.

I did all of the above, and when I launch the game from the revive launcher in FH2 I cant find any of the FH2 servers. When I launch the game from the FH2 launcher (i tried before posting and after using this) my game closes.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-12-2015, 23:12:27 »
Hi, I moved your thread into the "FH2 Help/Support" subforum.

To answer you question regarding the crash, have you tried "Windowed mode" to located your issue?

Regards

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-12-2015, 23:12:10 »
try unchecking punkbuster within the server filter

Offline theLargeCow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-12-2015, 23:12:31 »
thanks for the help, but none of the solutions seem to be working. I think my problem may be with the server itself. the one I've been trying to connect to is on the Gameserver tab of the main page. It's called [762]RANKED #1 FH2 + CMP [100p]. Anyone have any experience with this server that could help me? it said some stuff about a map pack, which i downloaded and it still closed. I will absolutely love anyone who can help me out with this, I've had the biggest hankering to play a game on the western front of WW2 and this is by far the best one out there. So again PLEASE if you guys can lend me a hand, I'd love you.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19-12-2015, 00:12:56 »
If the game crashes when you launch from the FH2 launcher then it is not a problem with the server.  Maybe you should reinstall FH2 and then the CMP map pack and try again.  There was a problem with the map pack a couple of days ago so you may try to download again if you have trouble with those maps.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19-12-2015, 00:12:28 »
My guess is that you are trying to connect to CMP server and you don't have the CMP maps yet?

See this thread for more info: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20419.0

Offline theLargeCow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-12-2015, 00:12:27 »
My guess is that you are trying to connect to CMP server and you don't have the CMP maps yet?

See this thread for more info: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20419.0

I have the community thing in those screenshots, and I have the map pack installed. Is there anything else I need, or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Offline theLargeCow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19-12-2015, 01:12:53 »
I've also tried joining other servers. still closes. no idea what to do anymore boys.

Offline Viikkasota

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19-12-2015, 01:12:20 »
Did you first updated BF2 to version 1.41 and then to 1.5 before installing FH2?

Offline theLargeCow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19-12-2015, 02:12:25 »
Did you first updated BF2 to version 1.41 and then to 1.5 before installing FH2?

i thought I had done that a while ago. Do you know how to do that on a steam copy? i'll try doing that, thanks man

Offline theLargeCow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19-12-2015, 07:12:37 »
So update:
ive uninstalled the game and all everything a few times, I realized i didnt have the 1.41 or 1.5 patches to my knwledge, so I downloaded the 1.41 and installed it then installed the 1.5, then installed the mod, then the map pack, then the revival thing and couldnt find any FH2 servers. SO i launched the game from the Forgotten Hopes launcher in windowed mode. I then tried joining the aforementioned server and my game closed. No error message, it just fucking closed. Pardon my language but I have literally spent half the day trying to get this to work and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong. So here is a play by play.
1. Installed battlefield 2
2. downloaded the patches from http://www.fileplanet.com/160777/160000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2-Patch-v1.41 and http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield-2/downloads/battlefield-2-v15-patch
3. had an error where the patch couldnt find the directory, fixed the problem and installed.
4. downloaded and installed forgotten hopes from the installer link on this website
5. installed the community thing from the link here http://www.762-ranking.de/site/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32
6. I installed the commutiy map pack
7. downloaded and installed the Bf launch pak thing suggested in a previous reply to this thread.
8. launched the game through ^ and could not find any of the servers on this website's Server list, or the one I was trying to get on.
9. Launched the FH2 launcher and tried joining  the aforementioned server. Game closes, no error message.
10. retry in windowed mode, same issue.
11. retry the relauncher pak thing, no server. try direct connecting. game closes.
12. rinse and repeat a few dozen times.

PLEASE if there is anyone on this green earth who can help me, please lend a hand.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19-12-2015, 11:12:38 »
from the list in your post above it looks like you messed a lot. What you had to do was download the BF2 Full F2P from Battlelog.org instead of doing several downloads from different sources and doing way too many installs only to increase chances of your files to get corrupted in the process. I would suggest to:

1. Remove everything related to BF2 and FH2 from your computer
2. Install the full F2P version of BF2 from battlelog site (which is already patched to the latest 1.50 version btw)
3. Download the FH2 Launcher - it will finish the job (FH2.48 full installer is there only as an alternative in case the Launcher doesn't work for you)
4. Make sure you have an online account, it should be created on a new master server during the first launch of your game in the ingame login menu, note that you can't revive your old account from the times before the gamespy shutdown!! If you already created an account but your game still crashes on the launch, go to the Gameplay tab in the Launcher's options and choose <none> from the "login as:" option. It will bring the ingame login menu for you again, create a new account there and try to connect again.
5. Download the Community Map Pack 2.0 (optional)

If that doesn't help you, try updating your directx, that also causes crashes on the startup for some people, but it should give an error message in the windowed mode so I doubt that is a reason.
« Last Edit: 19-12-2015, 16:12:25 by jan_kurator »

Offline theLargeCow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19-12-2015, 20:12:12 »
from the list in your post above it looks like you messed a lot. What you had to do was download the BF2 Full F2P from Battlelog.org instead of doing several downloads from different sources and doing way too many installs only to increase chances of your files to get corrupted in the process. I would suggest to:

1. Remove everything related to BF2 and FH2 from your computer
2. Install the full F2P version of BF2 from battlelog site (which is already patched to the latest 1.50 version btw)
3. Download the FH2 Launcher - it will finish the job (FH2.48 full installer is there only as an alternative in case the Launcher doesn't work for you)
4. Make sure you have an online account, it should be created on a new master server during the first launch of your game in the ingame login menu, note that you can't revive your old account from the times before the gamespy shutdown!! If you already created an account but your game still crashes on the launch, go to the Gameplay tab in the Launcher's options and choose <none> from the "login as:" option. It will bring the ingame login menu for you again, create a new account there and try to connect again.
5. Download the Community Map Pack 2.0 (optional)

If that doesn't help you, try updating your directx, that also causes crashes on the startup for some people, but it should give an error message in the windowed mode so I doubt that is a reason.

my good man you have saved me. the game works now and I am indebted to you. send me your steam and you shall get a christmas present! you absolutely magnificent bastard, I love you. thank you so much!