Author Topic: WW2 in a new story  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: WW2 in a new story
« Reply #30 on: 22-09-2010, 08:09:35 »
Oh it - matter, - guys understand what - say.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22-09-2010, 09:09:38 »
Personally, save for some details which were retarded, I think its a great mod idea with a nice twist on the US. And I find the forum regulars surprisingly more than a tad immature with the way they are going on.

Engage the discussion or shut up. Stop spamming as though you are desperately trying to get the thread locked because YOU don't like the idea, then accuse new members of spamming when they do - who the fuck do you think they get it from?

I may disagree with mudra, snoox and Natty alot cuz of their abraisive, sometimes condescending/bullying approach, but i cant fault them. @ least, THEY almost always engage the OPs, who clearly posted to get others opinions.

Some, like this one, being surprisingly upbeat despite all the desrespect.

You can act like a douche online, doesnt mean you should. I thought I'd never say it, but learn from Warrior

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22-09-2010, 11:09:02 »
Take that back immediately before I destroy your life.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22-09-2010, 11:09:50 »
Djinn,

Why would we make WW2 fiction this drastic?
I find the reasoning is not too appealing.

This is similar to the other case i had before. Some 13 years old boy have the idea of writing a semi-realistic fiction story about 5 ace pilots. His lack of knowledge, heavily influenced by anime-style is quite laughable when you read his claims.
I am all open to any weird ideas. But when the case is too weak, i might as well went with all these guys and be a nasty dream-killer, but i choose not to.

The way the forum works, is pretty fine. This way we don't take shit or offense at all.

normally it is as easy to make history as to read it but to make a story sound true that may be hard depending on the person who writes it.

Ah I see, you realized it too.

There are already so many alternative histories out there.

One of the most tantalizing case is what would have happened if von Stauffenberg successfully killed Hitler? Others are pretty serious too, like what would happen if US decided to invade Japan mainland?

Because these little cases of WW2 are already too big to think of, too much change, radical alternative history of WW2 would be much harder to accept, especially if you want to make it believable or sounds possible.

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #34 on: 22-09-2010, 11:09:42 »
Go play Turning Point: Fall of Liberty if you want to see the Nazis winning the war. -you sick minded bastard-
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 22-09-2010, 11:09:07 »
I think its fiction, like all fiction. All it really needs a believable reason why America are the main 'bad guys'

I'm extremely good at that sort of thing, but for want of a pc to write it.

Besides, unless I'm wrong, this is a mod for fh2 idea. Like 2142, the storyline is carried by subtle changes. Harmless changes. Its in offtopic because it allows us to get creative about recreating history, rather than acting like obnoxious history geeks and call it all a fallacy.

I have a theory: If people don't like an idea, especially in off-topic, just avoid that topic.

I find it ironic that I'm the one who lives in a weak democracy with homosexuality, etc, still subject to lynching, when most people here out-shout voices they don't agree with, like theirs is gospel. Let moderators and admins do THEIR job is all I'm saying.

I'm sitting in a minivan public transport (we call it 'trotro') now trying to block out a screaming trotro preacher who thinks everyone in this country must be Christian or lost and preaching at any time should be tolerated. I hate it, like most around me now, but what can We do in a weak democracy but suffer it.

Y'all don't have that issue. Don't forget that

Now please, lets dialogue with the OP now

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #36 on: 22-09-2010, 14:09:43 »
Go play Turning Point: Fall of Liberty if you want to see the Nazis winning the war. -you sick minded bastard-
You do realize they are not Nazis in his story? Just a little defence for Vincent.

If they are nazis and I misunderstood; I said nuthin'.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Pascucci the Whiner

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22-09-2010, 18:09:05 »
In before the lock, this thread shall be epic!

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22-09-2010, 20:09:07 »
You do realize saying such things will make it not happen........

Djinn, there are three main reasons for the sillyness in this thread.

First, the OP is a relative newcomer. It's also filled with such bad grammar it hurts my brain to to and comprehend it. And you can't blame "non english speaker" for it, there's almost no capital letters, periods, etc. Basically it's what your brain looks like when it's thinking and blurting it out into text.

Second, this being a sort of historical forum, the idea is very ridiculous. Starts off well with some history changed, but ends up with all sorts of sillyness.

Third, as the OP has said, "sofar the crew for the mod is myself and i am only good for concept, leading people but yes." Now it might just be me, but I see a huge crash and burn here.

For alt. histories, here's a great example: http://firedrake.org/roger/csarchive/universe/history.htm
sort-of possible, with all the cause and effects told clearly.

I myself have many many ideas for mods, especially for civilization. But they usually end up with me gathering info on excel, and realizing just how much work it would be, then save+close and doing something else. Creating these sorts of threads require you to actually have something done prior to creating it.

And in conclusion, can you see how bored I am to write such a huge article on such a silly thread  :P
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 22-09-2010, 21:09:39 »
i kinda like the idea, change hitler to some other nice guy, and make the UK US allies, i mean.. come on how epic wouldnt it be to actually invade britain.. soviets should still be enemies with germany, etc. just for the epicness. go on vincent!

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 22-09-2010, 21:09:29 »
You guys do realize this will never be made.... like even if it's a good idea... which it's not... this will never be made. It takes FH2 3 years to make something half done. How long will it take for this to be anything? Unless he's japanese and has the power of the dragon like FHSW guys, this is going no where. He could make it into a story maybe with better editing and language skills, but as a mod? No way, no how.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 23-09-2010, 06:09:29 »
Oh thank you for the statement captain obvious :P

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 23-09-2010, 08:09:49 »
Oh thank you for the statement captain obvious :P

Well some people in this thread seem to be suggesting that itll make a good mod

Offline Vincent Von Krüger

• no one can stop the RosenRitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 24-09-2010, 09:09:56 »
And it might be so if you don't spam til it is locked as djinn said.

If you don't like this DO NOT POST ALOT OF CRAP OK!.

Instead try to help out if you like the concept.

Update on the story btw, Russia will be allied to Germany but Russia will be attacked by Turkey and China however Germany has her own problems to worry about since the US invaded Great Britain and France and the Italians are pushing from the south.

The stock crash on August 15th 1929, devastated US economy on the brink of total collaps and all the countries of the world also were hit badly.
New advances in agriculture and pharmaceuticals in 1927 makes famine and illness a thing in the past thanks to the Belgian Professor Alard De Smedt.
In Germany shipbuilding time has been decreased from 2 years to one year and a half thanks to new regulations, larger salary, new equipment and welding techniques and better supervision of dangerous working areas.
Robert Bright Coleman is making good progress in his campaign for the coming election, and gives out promises to the american people that he will save the economy if he is elected.
being a soldier with an Bolt Action rifle i take pride in my work, knowing i got the most powerful anti personel weapon in my hands.

Offline Vincent Von Krüger

• no one can stop the RosenRitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16-11-2010, 19:11:52 »
finally came up with some info (sorry was busy with WoT)

you have all known and been on Omaha Beach right?

well that beach in this reality is where the germans, the french , Poles, Britains and japanese try to desperately hold off an US Alliance invasion.

at 4th october 1941 it was a foggy morning like every other morning in this part of france, a group of soldiers(all mentioned nationalities) doing their normal boring morning patrol, checked for the tenth time with their small binoculars to see nothing as usual, however the nipponji (japanese) soldier caught a sudden flash in his left corner.

his other comrades saw nothing but the next to see something was a pole, and then everyone heard something faintly but powerful like thudds in the distance, and the fog was turning dark over the horizon, eventually they could see masts until they saw the ships.

terrified the soldiers radioed to command and rushed to the bunkers, knowing what was now about to happen.

not long after an fiery and unforgiving barrage hit their positions, luckily it made fairly any damage on the defenses or on any gun emplacements, but the road and railroads had become basically uncrossable.

and all knew this meant reinforcments would not come for a long time, the barrage ended....as violently it had begun and left an erie almost unwordly silence aftwerwards until the sound of ship engines could be vaugely heard.

all officers and soldiers knew what they had to do, machineguns were cleaned and checked, rifles prepped, medics filled their bags with morphine, bandages and seels and thread.

the gun and mortar emplacements checked barrels and levers carefully.

ammunition was brought at close but still put at distance.

50.000 eyes anxiously watched and waited for the inevitable, as this fight would decide wether the axis alliance would be able to avoid another disastrous dual fronts as the russians had just launched another major offensive in the east.

this battle started at 0700 in the morning and lasted 5 days until the defenders won at october the 9th 1323 hours.

on the map a japanese is unit facing a US one but on french soil.

the 192nd IJA IB versus the US Second and fourth Rangers battalions.

this time those holding the beaches in normandy are the good guys and if it fails, europe will be devastated beyond measure.

the main map is basically an mixed unit operation where the defenders has only 2 tank destroyers, 3 trucks,  4 bikes and 2 jeeps and static defenses and mobile and heavy artillery

while the attackers have 6 medium 3 heavy 4 light 3 trucks 2 bike 3 jeeps and medium artillery.

if you got suggestions on how it should be balanced please give me your oppinion.

2 weeks later UK sides with the US and the invasion of Europe still occurs, but not as badly as it should have been heh.
« Last Edit: 16-11-2010, 20:11:54 by Vincent Von Krüger »
being a soldier with an Bolt Action rifle i take pride in my work, knowing i got the most powerful anti personel weapon in my hands.