Author Topic: Official Dutch WWII site www.tweedewereldoorlog.nl online  (Read 867 times)

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
For the dutchies, or the avid google-translate users:

Today the site www.tweedewereldoorlog.nl came online. It's a site launched by various organizations like Anne Frank Foundation, Dutch Institute for Visuals & Sound, a bunch of resistance-museums and other WWII related organizations. The site will be a showcase/database for various WWII related (and government funded) research projects and is meant to be the definitive archive for dutch WWII history.

FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
Re: Official Dutch WWII site www.tweedewereldoorlog.nl online
« Reply #1 on: 14-09-2010, 20:09:09 »
Very interesting, especially the subsite (found in a link) of http://www.mei1940.nl/flash-index.html

The website is more a portal than it is a true and proper website in my view - the content is quiet compressed, photo 'archives' of four pictures for example.

Nice catch anyways!

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-09-2010, 14:09:49 »
I suppose it will be expanded as time goes on... thanks anyway.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-09-2010, 14:09:12 »
The website is more a portal than it is a true and proper website in my view

Yeah, you're right. I quoted only part of the message. It indeed stated that it was meant as a portal site. But my own recollections of messy early Web1.0 portal sites made me simply refer to this new one as a regular website. :)
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #4 on: 21-09-2010, 12:09:17 »
I've just finnished reading the memoires of a Dutch Commando serving with other Dutch commandos at No 2 Dutch Troop. Book describes the fights in India and Birma. My grandpa gave it too me along with some other WW II books he had stored. It ain't that exciting but it's a good read and it has some of the rare photos of Dutch Commandos:

Onder De Vlag Der Commando's - VEER, W. VAN DER

Commando ervaringen van Willem van der Veer gedurende de periode 1942-1945. W. van der Veer was kapitein der infanterie en oud commando-onderofficier.

Links on the writer:

http://www.korpscommandotroepen.nl/index.php?l=nl&p=11&id=227

http://geschiedenis.vpro.nl/artikelen/43341616/ <- has some nice audiotapes

"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Abuzer

• View Profile
    • Dutchreview
« Reply #5 on: 23-09-2010, 03:09:47 »
Gotta remember this topic (drunk as hell now)(

Somehow, its up to our generation to remember the Dutch part of ww2, the older generations being too much traumatized or such. In accordance with my thesis I'm planning a big research on some aspects of my family in ww2
Nobel prize winner/available at dutchreview.com