Poll

Do submachine guns need to be improved with such suggestions?

Yes
1 (20%)
No
4 (80%)
I do not know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: 5 suggestions for upgrading submachine guns  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Pa3ym2

• View Profile
5 suggestions for upgrading submachine guns
« on: 11-11-2021, 13:11:34 »
The beta tester wrote to me that now the most powerful weapon is rifles, and that in the game it would be desirable to strengthen submachine guns. To enhance submachine guns, you could do the following:

1) Dramatically reduce the recoil of all submachine guns to the level of version 2.0, or almost to that level. In general, it is necessary to make the recoil such that at a distance of 90-100 meters it would be possible to shoot quite accurately from submachine guns with 3 rounds and in more than half of the cases hit the human figure with at least two rounds.

2) Increase the power of submachine guns. Most SMGs now take three body hits to kill. You can enhance their power and make it take two hits to kill. Now two hits to kill are enough only for Thompson. Thompson can be made to cause bleeding from one hit in the body.

3) Reduce spread when shooting from the hip while standing to sitting / lying. And in the sitting / lying position for the same amount. Then the accuracy of the fire from the hip will increase even more.

4) When shooting from a front sight, bring the weapon a little closer to the player. The bottom line is to enlarge the view of this "window" which I marked on the screenshot of the screen in red at the Thompson. In order to see more space ahead in this red window, for this you need to sort of push the submachine gun closer to the player. Then the time spent on aiming from the front sight will be reduced.

5) When a player gets up from a prone position in a standing position, about 1.5-2 seconds from the moment of lifting, the spread when shooting from the hip increases several times, but after 1.5-2 seconds it returns to normal. In skirmishes, this leads to the fact that the player is not immediately able to shoot, but only after these 1.5-2 seconds. Is it possible to do so that either there would be no such gigantic increase in the spread, or to reduce its time to 0.3-0.4 fractions of a second? If this is done, then it will be possible to shoot immediately after changing the position of the body without waiting 1.5-2 seconds. Often in shootouts, this delay of 1.5-2 seconds cost me my life.

If you make all these changes, then it can lead to the fact that submachine guns become more powerful weapons than rifles and most will play only with them. I have an assumption that in version 2.3 the developers for this very reason sharply increased the recoil of submachine guns, although before that in version 2.0 it was very low.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: 5 suggestions for upgrading submachine guns
« Reply #1 on: 11-11-2021, 14:11:04 »
The beta tester wrote to me that now the most powerful weapon is rifles, and that in the game it would be desirable to strengthen submachine guns. To enhance submachine guns, you could do the following:
That's not what I meant, but here we go:

1) Dramatically reduce the recoil of all submachine guns to the level of version 2.0, or almost to that level. In general, it is necessary to make the recoil such that at a distance of 90-100 meters it would be possible to shoot quite accurately from submachine guns with 3 rounds and in more than half of the cases hit the human figure with at least two rounds.
We already told you it's not something we can easily change. There are engine limitations involved like in most cases when it comes to BF2.

2) Increase the power of submachine guns. Most SMGs now take three body hits to kill. You can enhance their power and make it take two hits to kill. Now two hits to kill are enough only for Thompson. Thompson can be made to cause bleeding from one hit in the body.
Damage dealt with SMGs is based on caliber of the cartridge and .45ACP is the biggest pistol round in game, so it deals bigger damage.

3) Reduce spread when shooting from the hip while standing to sitting / lying. And in the sitting / lying position for the same amount. Then the accuracy of the fire from the hip will increase even more.
Not desired. We don't want people to go rambo, we want them to aim the gun.

4) When shooting from a front sight, bring the weapon a little closer to the player. The bottom line is to enlarge the view of this "window" which I marked on the screenshot of the screen in red at the Thompson. In order to see more space ahead in this red window, for this you need to sort of push the submachine gun closer to the player. Then the time spent on aiming from the front sight will be reduced.
Already done on most of the SMGs in game, we can't change whole mod withing 1 mouse click, simply wait for new release to see new animations, or follow 2cool2fool (our animator) on YouTube to some see previews of his work.

5) When a player gets up from a prone position in a standing position, about 1.5-2 seconds from the moment of lifting, the spread when shooting from the hip increases several times, but after 1.5-2 seconds it returns to normal. In skirmishes, this leads to the fact that the player is not immediately able to shoot, but only after these 1.5-2 seconds. Is it possible to do so that either there would be no such gigantic increase in the spread, or to reduce its time to 0.3-0.4 fractions of a second? If this is done, then it will be possible to shoot immediately after changing the position of the body without waiting 1.5-2 seconds. Often in shootouts, this delay of 1.5-2 seconds cost me my life.
Done on purpose to prevent people from dolphin diving. Keep in mind players tend to abuse gameplay mechanics and FH2 is a multiplayer game.

If you make all these changes, then it can lead to the fact that submachine guns become more powerful weapons than rifles and most will play only with them. I have an assumption that in version 2.3 the developers for this very reason sharply increased the recoil of submachine guns, although before that in version 2.0 it was very low.
That's absolutely not our goal, at all. We don't want everyone to play with SMGs. We are trying to portray historically accurate, balanced and fun gameplay with more or less historically accurate SMG to rifle ratios. Balancing the game is much more complicated than you can possible imagine.

At this point I am convinced that you should play totally different game, seeing you want to change every single aspect of FH2.

I'd suggest to simply open your game files and modify them to your preferred settings, nothing is stopping your from modifying your game for your singleplayer use.

We are not implementing any of those changes, please stop spam the forums.
« Last Edit: 11-11-2021, 14:11:40 by jan_kurator »

Offline Pa3ym2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-11-2021, 14:11:07 »
At this point I am convinced that you should play totally different game, seeing you want to change every single aspect of FH2.

I'd suggest to simply open your game files and modify them to your preferred settings, nothing is stopping your from modifying your game for singleplayer use.

We are not implementing any of those changes, please stop spam the forums.

But you yourself told me today that it would be desirable to improve the submachine guns. So I came up with 5 improvements.

And before that I was told that on this forum there is no limit on the number of topics created. Or already there?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-11-2021, 14:11:11 »
But you yourself told me today that it would be desirable to improve the submachine guns. So I came up with 5 improvements.
No, you misunderstood my point entirely. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Offline Pa3ym2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-11-2021, 14:11:15 »
No, you misunderstood my point entirely. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Could you write to me what actual problems you have in the game? Maybe I could think of how it would be better to change them.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-11-2021, 14:11:44 »
Could you write to me what actual problems you have in the game? Maybe I could think of how it would be better to change them.
No, you clearly have no idea about how the refractor engine works. If you wish to help us, we suggest you to learn modding, and come back with solutions, not ideas.

Offline Pa3ym2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-11-2021, 14:11:25 »
No, you clearly have no idea about how the refractor engine works. If you wish to help us, we suggest you to learn modding, and come back with solutions, not ideas.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with programming.
« Last Edit: 12-11-2021, 02:11:00 by Pa3ym2 »