Author Topic: Sniper.  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper.
« Reply #15 on: 24-09-2009, 12:09:33 »
thanks I'll do that

Offline jab16

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-09-2009, 00:09:29 »
Shoot when the sun is behind you (dosn't really work on this though)

Know the terrain, for example at long range look and try to memorize what everything looks like, and know when there is a change in the landscape. That bumb could be a sniper!!!

Line up your shot twice at least

when moving move with caution and away from the infintry as thats most likley where the other sniper is shooting.

Use the terrain to your advantage, for example hills, shade as said earlier, creators, Ect.

EDIT: Analize the movments of your opponents, look to see whether there traveling in squads, by themselves, this can give you clues to big troop movments and have you end up with some kills

Check your maps to see whether your team mates are nearby this may make you more likley to get shot
« Last Edit: 29-09-2009, 00:09:04 by jab16 »

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-09-2009, 07:09:52 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9SnFV5GPc&feature=channel_page

This ought to be a good enough tutorial, 6 parts

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline pailhead

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27-10-2009, 17:10:29 »
What about mining church stairs? I write in CAPS that it's mined, and ask people to go prone if they really need to go, and still i do tks.

Lets face it, it's kinda hard to relocate from a church, and the S mine is a good warning that there are enemies about.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27-10-2009, 21:10:45 »
What about mining church stairs? I write in CAPS that it's mined, and ask people to go prone if they really need to go, and still i do tks.

Lets face it, it's kinda hard to relocate from a church, and the S mine is a good warning that there are enemies about.

Never go to church. Maybe most important rule  ;)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27-10-2009, 23:10:35 »

The way the Anti-Personnel Mine system works, even if you are prone, the mine will still detonate if it is on a different elevation than you.  So it's all but impossible to safely pass an S-mine placed on stairs.

The other reason is that most people don't pay attention to the chat and/or quickly forget about warnings like this.  So using any kind of mine is a very risky activity if you want to avoid TKs.  However, if you can place the mine where you believe the enemy will go but friendlies won't... some idiot will still trip it and get you a TK.  Only place mines if you are willing to take the risk of getting multiple TKs.  And hope the server doesn't kick you for negative score.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28-10-2009, 14:10:47 »
Reminds me of lebisey. My squad charged inside to german spawn house on first flag in 32p map. Everyone sure knows its usually full of enemies and this was not exeption. We killed few enemies from first room, moved to second and boom, half team dead by s-mine. We continued and another s-mine killed rest of us. We were like "wtf, how he didnt get teamkills with those mines".

Friendly spawn just doesn't sound good place for AP mine  ;D

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09-11-2009, 03:11:44 »
I find placing S-mines in the worst spots has oddly produced the most kills.

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09-11-2009, 21:11:44 »
I find placing S-mines in the worst spots has oddly produced the most kills.
I second that...
It is really amazing

Offline W4lt3r

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10-11-2009, 13:11:58 »
Another handy tip, if you like to hide behind a hill or similar terrain, don't lay prone on top of the hill, instead stay in crouched state so your should be in sufficient cover enough to get shot instantly.
When you think you're ready for a shot, change your stance to Standing position and hopefully you can see over the hill rather easily, after the shot, back to the cover. Rinse and repeat.

I use similar tactic in Project Reality as Automatic Rifleman and I guarantee it can cause some serious haywire to the enemy.

This sort of terrain is bit scarce in FH2 though.