Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 64708 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #690 on: 19-06-2019, 17:06:24 »
In the kill messages, the Sd.Kfz 7 with the FlaKvierling 38, appears as "Sd.Kfz. 7", but it should be "Sd.Kfz. 7/1" right?
Done  ;)

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 20-06-2019, 14:06:02 »
Hey, I would like to suggest something that may make Polish in game just a bit more unique as a faction. So Polish Army in the East used Polish ranks and insignia and retexturing FH2 models would make them more unique from Soviets without making a new model with wz. 43 uniform. Should you wish to actually consider my suggestion, here are some references and my proposal as to what ranks imo could be used.

Some references of soldiers in gimnastiorka's as this is the most relevant to the models ingame

As for the ranks:
For "re_light_soldier" just a clear shoulder strap, like the guy on the left on 2nd pic

For "re_heavy_soldier" like the guy on the right on the 4th photo

For "re_nco_soldier"

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 27-06-2019, 22:06:11 »
is there a technical reason why deployable MGs don't have the freelook feature?

I'd love having the ability to look around without turning the whole gun (very slow with non 360 degree tripod mounts)...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 27-06-2019, 23:06:41 »
Yes, they have crouch ability instead, so you can hide when under fire.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 30-06-2019, 21:06:10 »
Yes, they have crouch ability instead, so you can hide when under fire.

Ah, I see your point, got confused for a bit because freelook used to be activated by the Shift key in BF1942 whereas it's Ctrl in BF2/FH2.

Maybe consider giving the 3rd person camera back to the deployable MGs? Or would that make them too OP because they would be too hard to take out?

This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 01-07-2019, 00:07:56 »
There is an alternative way of doing it but it probably means a lot of work to implement on all MGs, but rear guns on two seat planes have this kind of a free look when you're not zoomed in. I think that would work. 3p camera is just nonsense, I don't see how that would help, and how that would make MGs too OP either, not gonna happen.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 24-07-2019, 23:07:13 »
Is it possible to add a blur affect from high explosives landing near by or hitting vehicles?  I've never been in a Sherman under fire, but Im pretty sure if a 75mm hit the hull my ears would ring and I would probably shut my eyes for a few seconds.  Maybe the screen could go dark for like two seconds and a ringing sound plays too.  Something similar could happen if a building is shot.  Right now infantry can hide in the indestructible buildings and have no fear of high explosions (unless it comes in the window).  It would take some testing to figure how far away the blast should take a, but I think it would add to the game play.  It would allow tanks and grenades to better "suppress" the enemy.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 29-07-2019, 19:07:41 »
The words of Major Sankovsky, commander of one of the antitank batteries of the 13th Army:

«…a forty-kilogram projectile of any type, successfully launched from an SU-152, and later from an ISU-152, struck everyone. Even a high-explosive shell sent at a Ferdinand, without penetrating its armor, was nevertheless able to shake it to the ground, the German SAU’s gun was torn from the anchorages, and the crew lost the ability to navigate. There was only one thing left; this is to send this elephant for repairs, and the crew, either to the hospital, or to the madhouse …»

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 29-07-2019, 20:07:07 »
You realize that the 152mm gun already one shots all tanks ingame?

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 30-07-2019, 09:07:47 »
There's no record of a Ferdinand/Elefant being successfully recovered from the battlefield, not after being rendered immobile by heavy artillery. Some futile attempts were made, that only led to heavy personnel/material losses, on both the Eastern and the Western Front.

refer: Münch: The Combat History of schwere Panzerjägerabteilung 653 and 654

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: 14-08-2019, 20:08:04 »
maybe not possible to do, but
When dead and watching other players -> key to switch between 1p and 3p view

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 25-08-2019, 07:08:46 »
Would it be possible to change the speed at which a player can rotate when being prone? Right now the player can rotate extremely fast in that position and it looks quite strange. Having more reduced mobility while being prone would also improve gameplay imo, or at least make it a bit more realistic.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 25-08-2019, 11:08:41 »
No. Engine limitations. You can only reduce ratation speed while zoomed in.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 27-11-2019, 20:11:47 »
Hey guys, it's been bugging me for years now but why do the sniper kits get 39 rounds instead of 40?

Also on Invasion of Crete map when selecting a class for the germans the officer icon shows the recently added gebirgsjager gewer but when you select it you spawn with a regular k98k. This is for co-op, don't know about other modes. Can you check it thought? Many thanks.

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 29-11-2019, 02:11:14 »
Is it just me or the half tracks and tanks under human control are a wee bit fast across the ground? On roads yes, but off road maybe adjust to as fast as a person in the game can run?