Falaise Pocket
Battle of Brest
Hurtgen Forest
Vossenack
Eppeldorf
St. Vith
Bastogne
Meuse River

Author Topic: 2.48 Favourite 64p Map thread  (Read 4145 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
2.48 Favourite 64p Map thread
« on: 20-02-2015, 02:02:22 »
What is your favourite FH2 map and why? You have 5 votes.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Re: 2.48 Favourite 64p Map thread
« Reply #1 on: 20-02-2015, 04:02:05 »
1. Alam Halfa
Pretty sure I've said that in all the previous polls first and foremost...

2. Gazala
Lovely sunset. Or sunrise.

3. Keren
Rarely fails to disappoint.

4. Hyacinth
Because commandos.

5. Sidi Rezegh
Hell of a meat grinder that's what I always have said.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-02-2015, 06:02:14 »
Bastogne, Eppeldorf, Totalize, Goodwood, Villers Bocage - all nice looking combined arms maps with lots of sandbox freedom... and you can have fun as inf too.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-02-2015, 06:02:33 »
If I tried to put them in order...

1. St Vith
This is by far one of the most balanced, most fun, most immersive, most beautiful maps of all time. The push mode works really well, it's tough but not impossible and incredibly rewarding if you can psh the Americans back and win. The progression from forrest, to outskirts to bombed out town is amazing and a testament to the planning that the mapper put into this from the start. The town itself is just so well made and immersive. The fact that there's no 16 layer for fighting in the town is a crime :P There's nothing on this map that loses points for me.

2. Sidi bou Zid
I'm a huge sucker for America in North Africa. The atmosphere on this is amazing, the custom skins, the wind blowing and the vegetation. American Spitfires. What's not to love?! It also plays really well imo. Both Poste and Outpost are fun to assault, Sidi itself looks and feels like a Tunisian town and I think the counterattack gamemode is innovative and puts a lot of strategy into the the game. It's one of the more well balanced maps in the mod too. It only loses points for me because I get bad fps drops and the American counterattack from their main base is still a bit too tough to actually do without some luck. 

3. Sidi Rezegh
From the start this was one of the most beautiful maps in the mod. It captures the feel of the desert while still providing awesome gameplay. I love early Italian tanks, and North African British. You can go 2 ways on this map, plays as a tanker and cruise around in an Italian tin can all game, or play as infantry and jump crater to crater in the airfield. The gameplay is also really well done. The counterattack idea and the assets only spawning when you've lost control of the airfield is awesome and works so well if you know how to play this map right. The airfield terminal/bunker static alone makes this map top ten. It only loses points because yes it can get boring at times, it's a true to form desert map so that means you get true desert battles, hours of nothing with spurts of awesome in-between.   

4. Hurtgen Forrest
This is usually on almost everyone's top 5. It looks great, the gameplay is innovative, it covers a battle that isn't entirely mainstream. It just an all around good map. what impresses me is the unique gameplay style actually works well and is still a balanced map. It doesn't have to be a 4 flag conquest to be balanced :)

5. Omaha Beach
This makes it for shear immersion. This map could have gone 100 different ways but TS and the others decided to go with ~1:1 realism and make the most historically accurate Omaha Beach map that I've ever played. It SUCKS playing as Americans for the first 20min. But once you cap that first WN the map plays so well and so balanced. It's as immersive a map as you'e gonna get and that's what FH is all about.

I've never tried to put these in order before; it's tough because I think every FH map has a bright spot that makes me want to play it
« Last Edit: 20-02-2015, 06:02:05 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-02-2015, 06:02:44 »
Voss, Mareth, Bastogne, Meuse, Eppeldorf

All of which give me freedom to move when I get out of the base. The biggest bummer for me is getting collectively camped by a team because of the forced lack of options or paths. Not directly a fan of safe havens for all but currently the damage model can make things very frustrating for half an hour of the game.

also a fan of tobruk and giarabub for strictly infantry
« Last Edit: 14-03-2015, 08:03:48 by Airshark79 »

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-02-2015, 10:02:31 »
I thought we've already had such thread after the patch with Gold Beach and Omaha... After that we haven't received any new maps or did I miss something?

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-02-2015, 14:02:06 »
Gold Beach, Operation Goodwood, Giarabub, Fall of Tobruk and Villers Bocage.

(most likely because my favorite tanks and weapons are all on the british/commonwealth side....)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-02-2015, 16:02:23 »
I thought we've already had such thread after the patch with Gold Beach and Omaha... After that we haven't received any new maps or did I miss something?

I make these periodically to judge public opinion. Also, right after release there tends to be more bias towards the new maps.

Offline Pr0z4c

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-02-2015, 16:02:53 »
In my mind, fh is about big maps with lots of vehicles with more gameplay options than infantry based push maps.
« Last Edit: 20-02-2015, 17:02:31 by Dstroyrr »
Signature is too big

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24-02-2015, 17:02:53 »
Well on the other hand, Hurtgen Forest is in the lead...

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24-02-2015, 18:02:22 »
Should we post this or link this in the 762 forums and possibly forgotten honor forums? I feel like there's a good amount of vet players over there that just never register or post here for whatever reason.

Offline L0rdMasta

• View Profile
    • L0rdMasta's Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 24-02-2015, 18:02:47 »
My favorites are Crete, Sidi Rezegh, El Alamein, Villers Bocage, Falaise Pocket, and a few others i wish to mention. i'm not one for details anyway, but i like most maps that feature the British and Commonwealth forces.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24-02-2015, 19:02:00 »
Now, at first, I voted with a maps gameplay quality while playing with BOTS in mind, because that is how I play and enjoy FH2. There are a lot of amazing Maps like Bastogne, Sidi Bou Zid, Hurtgen Forest or St Vith which unfortunatly could not make it to the top because of the AI behaviour on these. But they are still worth a honorable mention.

1. Keren
That map is just beautiful. The Allied bots have a hard time storming the mountains, but the map just looks so good, you barely notice it.

2. Eppeldorf
Incredibly good designed, the winter feeling of both day and night versions is perfect. Best looking European map for sure, gameplay too is fantastic.

3. Tunis
Did I mention I love North Afrika? This intense CQB map with its beautiful looks is fun every time when balanced correctly.

4. Purple Heart Lane
Storming along the Purple Heart lane, Nebelwerfer rockets flying above your head, Band of Brothers soundtrack playing in the background - you know the feeling. It gets tricky around the crossroads but its definitly one of the best push maps out there.

5. Point du Hoc
Ever since you Devs added the objective mode to the map, it became one of my all time favorites. I love storming the lines and taking out that guns as a final blow. Leading the counter offensive is also very enjoyable.
« Last Edit: 24-02-2015, 19:02:04 by Darman »

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24-02-2015, 23:02:30 »
Should we post this or link this in the 762 forums and possibly forgotten honor forums? I feel like there's a good amount of vet players over there that just never register or post here for whatever reason.

Maybe they have a reason?

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24-02-2015, 23:02:46 »
Crete-just LOVE be german and parashuter.
Alam Halfa-Love big tank battle when Germans capture first two flags
Operation Supercharge-love feeling,sand,and push with british
Sidi Bou Zid- best looking map,love push and hard battles for sidi bou
Falaise pocket-Love all that big amount of german tanks

For record I big fan of maps with Stukas(favourite bomber) and maps with Panzer 3 ,also maps with Panther. Usually play germans aldo everything depend which side better fits with some map.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear