Author Topic: Infantry Boot Camp for FH2  (Read 36265 times)

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
Re: Infantry Boot Camp for FH2
« Reply #75 on: 10-07-2009, 21:07:09 »
try this
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar380.exe

If not, I'll make a zip file out of this map.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #76 on: 10-07-2009, 22:07:06 »
it works.

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 12-07-2009, 10:07:28 »
Okay, in this release, this map should have the custom objects showing this time.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TDT5Q7N4

I had to redo the custom statics and it was a pain....

I also had to edit the Init.con file as Fenring pointed out (I also gotta make sure I back up that file because the editor tends to erase whatever I added into it).

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 14-07-2009, 03:07:21 »
ok, I'm trying to re-texture the terrain map so the vehicles won't take damage for just driving into it.  I set the material in the texture tweak window to grass or sand.  Do I have to reapply the texture to the whole map?  And does the color (not texture color) in each layer act as an indicator of what texture was applied?

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 14-07-2009, 11:07:13 »
uhm... what?... you have 6 layers... each layer you assign a Texture, Color, Detail and Material to.

For the changes to take effect, you must resave your textures in terrainmode, do that by painting alittle then save them.

go ingame, go to a place where you painted the material.. walk and shoot with infantry, you will see and hear if the material is saved.

Here, read this:
http://fenring.bf1942.cl/tutorials/texturesystem.php

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 20-07-2009, 03:07:58 »
update on the Boot Camp.

This map needs a little more work than I thought

I added a limited anti-tank training spot.  Since only light-armored vehicles are in here, at least two vehicles are placed in the training area for players to practice using the AT rifle on.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5758/antitank.png (If you're planning to get inside a vehicle in here, you can get in, but the vehicle itself can't get out)

I'll also put in a training area for light machine guns and medium machine guns such as the Bren or the MG34 for players to lay down suppressing fire on the targets.  This will have targets inside a bunker and/or slightly behind cover.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 06-08-2009, 08:08:04 »
Hi Pheeph,
Yesterday installed the WIP boot camp. Great work. Excellent plan for your training base.
I would like to post 2 suggestions:
1 - Try smoothing a little more the roads between the garrisons.
2 - If you manage to get the targets destructable or you manage to get the red flash on the cross hair whenever you hit the targets it would be excellent.
All in all Great work. It will be a great help for new comers to FH2.

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 07-08-2009, 05:08:40 »
I'll try to smooth out the terrain as much as I can for the roads.  I still need to add a limited anti-tank training area to the German side.

As for making targets in the shooting range and urban areas destructible, that's difficult to pull off.  Someone at bfeditor.org said that you can only put in a total of 100 destroyable objects.  I would have to scale down on the number of targets if necessary.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 10-08-2009, 17:08:57 »
Great!

azreal

« Reply #84 on: 10-08-2009, 18:08:17 »
100? No, you can go up around 350.

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 13-09-2009, 06:09:41 »
I'm going to rework the boot camp map now that FH 2.2 is released.

The planned changes:
-For the Allied side, I'm going to use a mix of British and American player models.  For the Axis side, it'll be a mix of German and Italian player models.

-Add new infantry cutouts for target practice.  They're simply reskinned cutouts showing Americans, Italians, and Normandy versions of British and Germans.

-U.S. Halftracks will be added in to replace some jeeps.

-The MG range on the Axis side will have a couple of MG42 Lafettes replacing the the MG34 Lafettes.  The MG34s at the barbed wire portion of the obstacle course will be replaced with MG42s.  As for the Allied side, I'll put in two M1919 machine guns in place of the tripod machine guns used in the North Africa campaign.  Just so people know, I haven't fully tried out the Allied side (I ended up on the Axis side in multiplayer).

-I plan to add in a light-machine-gun training area for both sides.  These only come in as pickup kits and in limited numbers.  The training area will involve some kind of bunker with a target in side it.  The idea will be to lay down suppressing fire on the bunker.

-If ever possible, I'll see if I can work on the complicated task of making the targets destroyable (I'll just make a wreck that'll be the same model) and respawn.
« Last Edit: 13-09-2009, 07:09:32 by pheeph »

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 13-09-2009, 10:09:46 »

-For the Allied side, I'm going to use a mix of British and American player models.  For the Axis side, it'll be a mix of German and Italian player models.

That will be followed by a Rifle sticking trough the head bug. you need to place a medic pickup kit for each soldier models you use in a map to fix that.

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 13-09-2009, 19:09:06 »
so I need at least on pickup kit and placed somewhere?

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 13-09-2009, 20:09:15 »
I think most guys on FH2 when your on the 88mm's or any anti-tank gun or even artillery you should have an obeserver right next to you, spotting enemy targets for you to shoot at...because it'd feel far more realistic!.

If you've played COD2 and play the supercharge mission you see a german officer or normal jerrie soldier using binoculars directing fire onto the incoming british tanks and troops...i wish to see this in FH2...

anyways i've had alook at your pictures of this boot camp and i pretty much think its awesome, i'd love to play this map if its finished!, it'd be nice to train new players etc to get used to know the weapons work etc...perhaps it could be used to train new clan members too :)
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 17-09-2009, 04:09:11 »
I'm trying to get the updated map working... but it's crashing...  it's probably due to those new object spawners I added into the editor.  These were kits that I saw in the objects list, but weren't listed on the object spawners list.  I made two types of Medic pickup kits for Allied and Axis.  One is for Italians and British, while the other is for Germans and Americans.  I also made various object spawners that made use of M1 carbines for pickup kits.  I'm going to see if it is the cause of the crashing.