Author Topic: Dynomite/C4  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Dynomite/C4
« on: 22-09-2012, 18:09:15 »
I was thinking back the other day to the good old days of BF1942/FH1 and remembered the explosives you could set off with a plunger, and thought FH2 doesnt have that. I was wondering if something like that could be added to the game.  I know its something that would be used in real life to blow up a bridge or railroad and that FH2 doesnt have that (unless you count actonville).  I think it would still fit into the game as a way to set up a defensive position and blow it up when a vehicle or person comes thru.  Any feed back?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Dynomite/C4
« Reply #1 on: 22-09-2012, 18:09:12 »
Jeeps rigged with explosives drive full speed to tanks and the driver coming out and blasting the vehicle? No thanks. If we are gonna have it, please make something to prevent putting it on vehicles or dont make it sticky. vBF2 had that and I couldnt bare those buggy shenanigans when driving a tank. Now, it is fun to have some C4 or something like that on a modern combat base game, but not in WW2.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-09-2012, 19:09:02 »
Explosives, YES! And I don't care how stupid that would be.(I'm sure its not gonna happen, sadly)
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-09-2012, 21:09:37 »
If its like the Geballte (not sticky) than it would be ok.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline CosmonautVince

• Ef god dun exits, den how ded I Cosmonaut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-09-2012, 07:09:56 »
lol i remember the good old days of modern warfare 2 and loading a scout buggy with c4 and driving it into a tank, jumping mid crash and blowing the tank up... i got banned twice i think for that ;)

but on a serious note, im going to poke at an already sore subject and say more destructables here or there would really add to immersion. just something you could use the tnt on. bridge, bunker, etc. there is just something satisfying about plunger explosives :3
« Last Edit: 23-09-2012, 07:09:33 by VC »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-09-2012, 07:09:05 »
I was thinking back the other day to the good old days of BF1942/FH1 and remembered the explosives you could set off with a plunger, and thought FH2 doesnt have that.

yep, no reason why we dont have this... I just played Ramelle yesterday and attempted to give the Tiger some hurt with explosives, but they just explode by themselves, I badly needed to be able to blow them when I wanted... total let-down to not be able to do that  :(

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-09-2012, 08:09:23 »
Let down? I'm sure you could just make them :P (if it's possible in bf2)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26-09-2012, 03:09:21 »
Well the jeep thing i wouldnt worry about because usually jeeps are easy targets for tanks, plus i wouldn't suggest making them sticky.  I just think they would be nice to use to set up a defense.  The map I think that needs them the most is Ramelle since the tiger is almost impossible to destroy.  The bazokas are weak and getting close enough to put explosives on is almost impossible.  If you do get close enough one doesn't destroy it anyways.  I think it would be nice to set some explosives, wait, then blow it up along with any infrantry near by.  Another thing you could do to help prevent the suicide jeeps is to make it so you have to deploy the plunger, like large machineguns, before you can use it.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26-09-2012, 05:09:26 »
Let down? I'm sure you could just make them :P (if it's possible in bf2)

Of course they can put remote explosives in-game ......BF2 had them.....

My guess is they wont because it would take away from.............you know, i'm not really sure why...

:P

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26-09-2012, 07:09:02 »
we dont have the model, animation, code or sound, or the 2D images.. that is why.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26-09-2012, 08:09:54 »
I like this suggestion. And I agree, its well within the means of the engine. And quite useful in many instances, like Ramelle, as Natty mentioned.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #11 on: 04-10-2012, 17:10:01 »
Give me motorbikes, and C4. i'll get the job done, no seriously, I'd come back to FH2.  :'( 
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04-10-2012, 19:10:44 »
maybe put in some delay (a rather long 'deploy'-time perhaps) for the plunger before it can 'plunge'? this'll take the edge off of kamikazejeeps a little.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #13 on: 05-10-2012, 05:10:29 »
Give me motorbikes, and C4. i'll get the job done, no seriously, I'd come back to FH2.  :'(

WaW has motorbikes and a remote detonator.  So welcome back!
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05-10-2012, 07:10:19 »
If those exp. packs come in, the ignition radius should be greatly reduced.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!