Author Topic: Problem in SP Operation Cobra  (Read 1485 times)

Offline zxx43

• View Profile
Problem in SP Operation Cobra
« on: 10-08-2010, 17:08:38 »
It's a good map,but the problem is some bots in US don't move or don't use tanks.So German will win easily.
Hallo,Mein name ist zxx43.
Ich kommst aus Südchina.
Ich bin 21 jahre alt.
Ich liebe gelesen buch und spielen fussball.
Mein Deutsch ist gut nicht.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Problem in SP Operation Cobra
« Reply #1 on: 10-08-2010, 18:08:45 »
I don't get that at all

Both sides have bots that get stuck at their main bases, but the Germans get stuck loadz more. And the Americans can go as far as the airfield and the game ceases because the Germans can't make inroads to recap anything...

Allies may not 'like' tanks from the Mill much, but the Germans have such few 'tanks' that they get pwned easily. More Allied tank deaths are from the 88 and fausters than German tanks

Maybe the best person to answer you would be Remick, since I think he was working on improving this map before he became a dev, the result of which should see the light of day in the next release

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-08-2010, 21:08:17 »
The Idle german bots might be related to Drawde's AI strategies. The germans are told to defend, so they stick around at flags they hold, instead of counter attacking flags they've lost.

As for the american idle bots, still havn't figured out what it is, because it ocurs on a couple maps. But often if I start hoping in and out of the vehicles at the base they are idle in eventually they start moving. So it could be their interest in a certain vehicle that causes them to go idle.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-08-2010, 22:08:00 »
The axis mostly 'freeze' too because a stack of them get stuck at a fence at the German main. The Allies do move. Other factors, I note are their focus on the Farm house and less focus on the Mill...

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-08-2010, 10:08:58 »
I've seen US bots (only 2-3 at a time) standing around at the main on Cobra.

I dunno if it's been fixed yet (haven't played it for awhile), but it's really bad on Luttich, esp. the Germans.

Just like the frozen tanks, you can also get infantry going again by pushing them a certain distance with a vehicle. Why this works I have no idea... ???

...Other factors, I note are their focus on the Farm house and less focus on the Mill...
Definitely. I reckon more than 80% of the bots go for the Farm, where they usually end up staying thanks to that bloody double-cap bug.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-08-2010, 11:08:09 »
I wish someone had 2.2 (Before the issue reared its head) so we can somehow get bots using THAT AI

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-08-2010, 11:08:48 »
If you're just after the ai folder from 2.2, it's attached to a post around here somewhere...I can't remember which thread it was in, so I'll just attach it to this one.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-08-2010, 12:08:13 »
Well, you know me... Lot of talk, no real show.

I do hope Remick sees this and tries to do something with it. I would say this though. Remick, whatever you do, don't cut and paste from Drawde's stuff. It may just introduce as many issues as it fixes. Especially in this regard. Not Drawde's fault, but 2.25 and I think work done by WinterHilf and Legion, and that was what Drawde worked with.

I do hope the latest work Drawde did on making tanks agressive in their movement is seen and added for the official patch. Not sure anyone else noted, but tanks try to force their way through paths they otherwise would have sheepishly and slowly maneouvered through, makes them feel almost humanoid and reduces the effect of tank freezing, especially on Mersa Matru... Also noted in them crossing the Bridge on Falaise Pocket

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-08-2010, 22:08:35 »
I'll check out the 2.2 ai files. I've been doing a lot of reading up on how AI behaviors work in BF2. Even downloaded AIX to see how they set things up. Drawde's AI files have things that are necessary to make his amour system work (among other things) so copying and pasting is the quickest way to get those changes in, instead of trying to recreate it myself. But like I said, I've been expanding my understanding of how BF2 AI works, so that I'm not just taking for granted the AI files will work and instead understand how they work so if something goes wrong I can at least attempt to fix it.

There is no way I can guarantee that 2.3 will be flawless when it comes to the AI, no matter how much time and work I put into it. In fact I can probably guarantee their will be flaws, but I do think it's a vast improvement. So, I'd say wait until you've experienced 2.3 in singleplayer, then let me know where things can be improved, between Drawde and I (and all the other keen eyes on these forums) someone will find the fix.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13-08-2010, 00:08:39 »
Great work, Remick

I was playing PHL... Its my favorite, so I tend to pla it even though 99/100 times, it stops on attacking the 88. Well, it quitr alright, but I had terrific fun charging that gun, watching for enemies with FG43s from my left flank, then all of sudden, well before the 88, the mortar started firing at us... I was shocked by its range, since it only fires as far as the 88 (When mannned), and the bridge, for infantry... Then suddenly, I heard a whoosh, and in came NEBELWERFER rockets :-D

Then the game crashed :-\.... I guess Drawde's last patch is still showing off some surprises.... Can't wait to experience this in Remick's work, haveing heard that arty can now target infantry as far as it can see

I also experienced a wierd phenomenon... A beaufighter dropped a bomb on Alamein, targeting the 88 gun. The bomb... somehow did not explode, instead bounding like 20 feet in the air and landing with a loud BOOM... It was terrific to see. I swear, I got weak at the knees :-)

I wonder if the devs are aware of such things being possible...

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13-08-2010, 07:08:00 »
I'll check out the 2.2 ai files. I've been doing a lot of reading up on how AI behaviors work in BF2. Even downloaded AIX to see how they set things up. Drawde's AI files have things that are necessary to make his amour system work (among other things) so copying and pasting is the quickest way to get those changes in, instead of trying to recreate it myself. But like I said, I've been expanding my understanding of how BF2 AI works, so that I'm not just taking for granted the AI files will work and instead understand how they work so if something goes wrong I can at least attempt to fix it.

There is no way I can guarantee that 2.3 will be flawless when it comes to the AI, no matter how much time and work I put into it. In fact I can probably guarantee their will be flaws, but I do think it's a vast improvement. So, I'd say wait until you've experienced 2.3 in singleplayer, then let me know where things can be improved, between Drawde and I (and all the other keen eyes on these forums) someone will find the fix.

Thanks Remick!

And Here I open a champagne bottle *POP* - To Drawde, Remick04, Winterhilf [possibly others] for regiving life to FH2 - splayer

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13-08-2010, 09:08:53 »
Just out of curiosity, I replaced my ai folder with the 2.2 version and tried El Al a couple of times, but it just CTD less than a minute after spawning both times.

...I also experienced a wierd phenomenon... A beaufighter dropped a bomb on Alamein, targeting the 88 gun. The bomb... somehow did not explode, instead bounding like 20 feet in the air and landing with a loud BOOM...
LOL... ;D

Offline zxx43

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15-08-2010, 17:08:21 »
Well,I found the problem. There's something wrong with the ai of the US colt1911. So I changed it to thompson and the map is all right!
Hallo,Mein name ist zxx43.
Ich kommst aus Südchina.
Ich bin 21 jahre alt.
Ich liebe gelesen buch und spielen fussball.
Mein Deutsch ist gut nicht.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15-08-2010, 18:08:53 »
Any chance of that being the issue with PHL? Anyone, Anyone? Hmm, I wonder if 2.2 files get the much needed mg42s on PDH and tripod on PHL working... We need that wall of lead!!! :'(