Author Topic: Bipod mod  (Read 1606 times)

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
Bipod mod
« on: 22-06-2010, 02:06:45 »
I just found this on youtube, and I was thinking that if we could have this for all bipod weapon in FH2, we could be more kickin'asses lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAvo4qFFRU&feature=player_embedded

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Re: Bipod mod
« Reply #1 on: 22-06-2010, 03:06:36 »
what is the difference between what is ingame now and what is shown in the video other than high accuracy while crouching/standing with a bipod deployed?

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-06-2010, 03:06:44 »
None.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-06-2010, 03:06:18 »
Are you unable to move when you have the gun zoomed in while standing crouching? cause if thats the case then this has been suggested before and theres been plenty of heated debate about using something like that for MG34s/MG42s/Brettas/other heavy MGs. In theory it would simulate propping it up on a window or something, but in practice people would abuse it standing in the middle of the street looking stupid.

If ony BF2 was versatile enough to require a mesh in front of you to deploy it...

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-06-2010, 09:06:50 »
Then I would most likely support my MG42 on air and that way I could see over slope. Then when I start to get shot I would prone, looks incredibly stupid.

It has its good sides also, especially on Normandy maps with lots of houses. With deployed mode I could use the full potential of MG34 and 42 and shoot from windows and over fences.

Its cool and works in PR at least, but can be exploited in so MANY ways. Though I like more how PR MGs have such a small recoil than deployed mode.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-06-2010, 09:06:39 »
yeah the thing has 2 main features

pro - you can fire "accurately" with lmg out of windows , over fences/sandbags etc. making them more usefull

contra - you dont need any supporting structure to use this. you can simply deploy the MG in midair firing with great accuracy making those kind of MG even more badass than rambo with 2xM60 akimbo-mode.

the system we have now has it flaws by dissallowing the "heavier" MG34/MG42/lewis/breda to fire standing and using cover better. but it also prevents them from beeing total rambo guns.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-06-2010, 02:06:21 »
If the devs can find a way to clip and unclip the bipod on a sandbag or a window, and then only when the gun is fixed to the sandbag/window, get the precision like if you where prone.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-06-2010, 02:06:57 »
yeah the thing has 2 main features

pro - you can fire "accurately" with lmg out of windows , over fences/sandbags etc. making them more usefull

contra - you dont need any supporting structure to use this. you can simply deploy the MG in midair firing with great accuracy making those kind of MG even more badass than rambo with 2xM60 akimbo-mode.

the system we have now has it flaws by dissallowing the "heavier" MG34/MG42/lewis/breda to fire standing and using cover better. but it also prevents them from beeing total rambo guns.

I beg to differ, I coded the guns in the OP's Video, contrary to belief, it takes not only a long time to get in and out of the zoomed "deployed" mode, but while you are in that mode you are VERY, and I say that lightly, VERY slow, aiming is slowed, movement is slowed, and it makes zooming in out in the open a death warrant, because you slow down instantly, not after you are zoomed, but instantly. So you can stand there for the 1 and a half seconds or whatever it was out in the open waiting for the bipod to deploy, but its not recommended as you are effectively a sitting duck.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-06-2010, 03:06:04 »
If the devs can find a way to clip and unclip the bipod on a sandbag or a window, and then only when the gun is fixed to the sandbag/window, get the precision like if you where prone.

Supposedly they did manage to do that, but it was ungodly glitchy.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #9 on: 23-06-2010, 04:06:03 »
No, it was a thought experiment, using thousands of vehicles at each ledge to represent it.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23-06-2010, 06:06:38 »
Mmm, oki, so that's what it was.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-06-2010, 11:06:31 »
ive said it before in the old "resting MGs on windowledges/sandbag edges" discussion :: as long as we dont have real collision with the gun and the surfaces (like in RedOrchestra 2), making a fake system is not worth it. You will never ever ever make me believe Im resting the bipod against the ledge just by insanely reducing my movement. It feels like a very "moddy" and bad design solution.

Our current system stays in check with the engine we use and is a fun and perfect compromise that players can use while playing the mod online.

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-06-2010, 11:06:01 »
I always though that the MG update to PR killed it's gameplay. All you have to do in a firefight is just set up an MG and watch your kills rack up. It killed PR don't let it kill FH2.
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-06-2010, 12:06:47 »
PR is dead!? Just the other day they had ten times the player FH2 had. RIP. :(
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-06-2010, 14:06:08 »
PR is dead!? Just the other day they had ten times the player FH2 had. RIP. :(
Calm down, PR isnt dead, that isnt what he said  :P

And btw, have you tried the latest version? no more laz0r MGs.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.