Author Topic: I Can't Play on [762]RANKED #1 FH2+CMP [100p] Server (HELP!)  (Read 1021 times)

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
FH2 Community,

I have FH2 and the CMP and Tournament addons installed from here (https://fh2.cmp-gaming.com/updater/), and I am running FH2 from Battlefield 2 Revive on a Mac. I can join regular FH2 servers fine, but whenever I try to join the [762]RANKED #1 FH2+CMP [100p] Server (217.79.190.136:16567), it will let me join but when I try to spawn in, it kicks me from the server and says "It is recommended to use the BF2 Mod launcher". Does anybody know how I can fix this? I really want to play on this server because it uses the CMP! Please post your answers in the comments below. Thanks!,

-fighterpil

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Well, use the FH2 Launcher then? I'm not a Mac user, but I know there are emulator apps for ios, use one of those and run your Launner through it.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
Yes, I have Wine installed so I can run .exe files. I tried installing the FH2 launcher, but it won't install in by BF2 folder because to get to my BF2 folder I have to right-click the BF2 Revive application and select "show package contents", and the FH2 launcher was made to be installed on Windows where an application is a folder with an .exe file inside. I will try installing it again, and will let you know if it works this time.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
OK, I am attempting to install the FH2 launcher again. Now it is working right up to when I select my Battlefield 2 root folder, and it says "this is not a BF2 root folder" and doesn't give me the option to install it anyway. Is there a way I can overwrite this?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Can you maybe change the ownership of the folder somehow? Or maybe run it in admin mode (if there is one on Mac, I'm not a Mac user so wouldn't know).

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
I am the admin, but I don't think there is an "admin mode" on Macs. What do you mean by changing the ownership of the folder?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
I only know how it works in Windows, so mayhbe this is all obnsolete when it comes to Macs, but it never hurts to try:

When rightclicking on a folder, you can select an option which has to do with security and in it you can see who can view and/or edit the folder. If your username is on the list, check if you have all the rights to change the folder etc. This is because sometimes adminrights work only when logged in as an admin, so if you are logged in on yor computer with your own userprofile, it can block some of the adminrights. This can result in you not being able to make changes to a folder, and therefore you can't install the Launcher correctly.

Like I said, this is all a shot in the drak because it might work entirely different on a Mac, but maybe it will help you anyway.

By the way: did you install BF2 in the default location? Because it might help to do so for your computer to recognise the rootfolder correctly.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
I installed Revive BF2 in my Applications folder, which is where it is intended to be. I am logged in as myself (the admin), so I don't see why it isn't working. Why do I need the FH2 launcher to join this server anyways? The WaW server that uses CMP I can join fine without the launcher, but not the 762 CMP server. Is there any way to get around this?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
No, don't try to get around it, try to get the Launcher installed. Not only firing up the game works via the Launcher now, but also updates and repairs (if needed).

If your Mac says "this is not the rootfolder" something got mixed up in the installation. Try to find out what it is and fix it, or try a reinstall with the Launcher (after deleting everything FH2 related) and just follow all default options. How did you install FH2 the first time?

FYI: my Launcher is not in BF2 rootfolder, it's here: C:\Games\BF2\mods\fh2\bin\FH2Launcher.exe

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
I downloaded and installed BF2 from here (https://battlelog.co/post.php?id=9226&page=11), and I installed it in my Applications folder, which is where it is supposed to be installed on a Mac. I don't want to re-install it, it would take ages to download and run the first time. I also tried making a copy of my BF2 root folder and installing the launcher in that, but when I moved it back to my real BF2 root folder, I can open it, but when I click Play it says "An error occured while launching ForgottenHope2.exe: Bad format". Any ideas?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: I Can't Play on [762]RANKED #1 FH2+CMP [100p] Server (HELP!)
« Reply #10 on: 17-08-2017, 17:08:58 »
You seem to want to install the Launcher in BF2 root, but if you try to install it in the FH2 binfolder like I posted, what happens then?

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17-08-2017, 17:08:58 »
Oh, I see. The first time I installed FH2 I manually downloaded the FH2.52 Full Installer from http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_downloads.php?, not the installer. Should I remove my FH2 folder from BF2, and install it with the installer?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17-08-2017, 21:08:37 »
Why are you not using the Launcher? The installer does only one thing: install. The Launcher does many: install, update, launch, repair.

So please, try to install the Launcher from here: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/download/FH2Launcher-Setup.exe

After it's done, check for updates and then launch the game. I'm sure you will be able to join 762 after that.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-08-2017, 01:08:16 »
OK, I'll try that.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-08-2017, 05:08:58 »
Nope, it still doesn't work. I wish there was an easier way to get this working, but it doesn't look that way. It still says that it is not a BF2 root folder when I try to install it! Any ideas?