Author Topic: "O' Clock" system for vehicles.  (Read 1565 times)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: "O' Clock" system for vehicles.
« Reply #15 on: 20-04-2010, 15:04:28 »
I don't mind if its text only. Too much arty ready and enemy spotted voices already  :-\

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20-04-2010, 16:04:42 »
I think its more about who the radio and voice overs are targeting. Anyone who isn't a Squad captain or vehicle operator (inclduing hull mg gunners and other 2ndary positions) should only hear voice overs.

Check out:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=2994.15

Its all outlined there

But, yes... a major project needs to be understaken to get voice overs that can be tweaked for radio overs etc... All it requires, I think, is for the devs to initiate the project and have us fans from all across the world, heavily represented by major nations of WW2, to send in recordings. You can't get em all in hi-res, but there are ways to clean that up. get the voices in, send out the command list and we should have the most serious effort towards immersion, IMO

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20-04-2010, 17:04:23 »
sounds a bit messy to me.... passengers spamming EnemyArmor 2,4,6 12 o clock all over.. tankdrivers all confused, looking at spotted tanks on minimap, reading HUD text, listen to VoIP, listen this new command etc etc........... For me the game is from the crossHair out; the tanksight out > this is where I want to play.. not micromanaging and looking everywhere else than in the actual game world for info.
 :P

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20-04-2010, 18:04:11 »
I dunno - I think people adapt and will sooner work better as units. A tank commander and his crew communicate, only the tanker with radio, the rest just voice, infantry shouting across the battlefield, enemy coordinating in german or whatever the enemy is at that moment, but again only as far as their voice carry

For a sniper or lone wolf, the battlefield will be very silent - And for most, it will only be those around you you will hear.

Squad captains well get intel from other squad captains, tankers, aircraft and artillery, but that will only help him make more tactical decisions - Besides, those, all will be hanky-dorey really