Author Topic: "Reloading!" - in the CommoRose  (Read 2042 times)

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
Re: "Reloading!" - in the CommoRose
« Reply #15 on: 20-10-2009, 17:10:48 »
seriously, while I like the idea, you're treading the tightrope over realism-computergame canyon, and it's a big drop whichever way you fall.

I've used the 'cover-me' shout, in a squad of regulars nobody really paid any attention.  I used it lots on my first PHL outings, nobody gave a hoot.

I've used the 'incoming' shout, which is imo the most useful - to indicate a stukka that I could see, what did the bofors guy do, ...continue shooting infantry until he got a 1000lb bomb poured into his face.
I've used 'shit look-out' (same as incoming) to indicate there was a pzIII about to start camping the Tobruk trench line, what did the guy do, he stood up - to see what I was talking about, ...he's dead now.

I'm all for making FH2.2+ more realistic, but there does need to be a balance and compromise.  I've dam near forgotten the name of that VOIP thing... think it's mumble, I'm hoping this could be the new toy - the new "FFS I'm reloading douchetarD, cover me!!"   "+1!"

HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20-10-2009, 18:10:35 »
The battlefield games have trained me to completely ignore the voice commands.  Too many nubs running around yelling

"Cover ME!"
"Cover ME!"
"Cover ME!"
"Cover ME!"

Plus I havn't learned the commands in all the languages to know what they mean (Italian, Russian, Finnish, german, Australian)  Just not worth the time an effort to do it IMO.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20-10-2009, 18:10:52 »

Plus I havn't learned the commands in all the languages to know what they mean (Italian, Russian, Finnish, german, Australian)  Just not worth the time an effort to do it IMO.
Snipin's a good job, mate! It's challengin' work, outta doors.
« Last Edit: 20-10-2009, 18:10:44 by Thorondor123 »
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20-10-2009, 19:10:05 »
Australian is the hardest one to translate at times

is "We're in deep shit" mean Incoming tanks or airplanes? :D

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile