Author Topic: The Great Football thread  (Read 112180 times)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Football thread
« Reply #1845 on: 05-07-2015, 05:07:01 »
Higuain is going to get crucified for that penalty flub.  It's insane that this generation of Argentine players might never get to win a major tournament.

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: 05-07-2015, 05:07:51 »
Messi again coudnt do shit when it mattered (wtih Argentina only of course)

Sucks that Argentina cant win anything to put more pressure on the people that handle brazilian football. (because 7x1 wasnt enough)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: 05-07-2015, 20:07:03 »
I'd rather blame Higuain, Aguero, Banega, Demichelis, Gago, Di María, Zabaleta..., instead of Messi, and above them all comes Martino, he, who crashed a Ferrari (Barcelona).

There are several players in the National Team that should not be called ever again, cases like the inexplicable Gago (why do we still insist...), Banega, Higuaín... others like Di María might still have credit...

Messi gets all the flak, that's oportunism. The guy was marked with fouls and rough play by Chilean players, but we can't deny Argentina went on to play this game with a loser's mentality, instead of taking it like a Final some players thought this was some kind of Friendly with a full stadium and a cup in play..., his teammates just suck, he's not part of a superb trident (MSN, Messi, Suarez and Neymar) he has to do everything so that his teammates can score a f goal.

Semi Finals against Paraguay he took part in like 5 out of 6 goals, he didn't score yes, but he assisted in all of them. He was negated, again, by Chile but he still had that amazing 90' run that only a Maradona-like player can do which almost ended in a goal..., if only Lavezzi was not so terrible (Never again).

People expect Messi to get the ball and score, they think it's like in PES or FIFA, pure individualism..., guess what, Football is a pure and perfect team game. Others want Messi fighting with everyone for everything, with the ref, rival players, crowd, I don't know who else..., a Maradona but in spirit, but for that we have Mascherano, I want Messi to play not to get stupid Yellows or Reds because he has a little bit of "attitude"..., you don't know how terrible Messi is treated in the field by the inferior defenders, if he's going to protest or get a fight for every one of these situations he wouldn't be playing anymore...

The AntiMessi Army always says "He never plays like he does in Barcelona", that's true, perhaps because in Barcelona the coach, the whole club makes teams around him. They supplied Messi with NEYMAR and SUAREZ, thus making it the deadliest attack in the world so far, plus the experience of Xavi (no longer in the club, yes), Iniesta, Alves..., he has teammates that assosiate with him, instead of random figures thrown in the play with Messi and hope for the best.

This generation of players, mentioned above, must go. There needs to be room for promising stars like Correa, Vietto, Icardi (I dislike him a lot...), Mancuello, Lollo among others, Martino needs to go, someone young and with fresh ideas needs to take place (I'd like Bielsa again, though, he changed Chile's mentality for example) or Simeone, but he won't take that spot..., not yet at least.

We're no longer a superpower right now, we got on to two finals but we were not a destructive machine in the 2014 WC, Germany was, we did pretty well in Copa America (unstoppable attacks vs Colombia for example, but lack of definition), I'd say we're the England of South America, once a Power, promising but always runs out of gas...

Then again, Messi is a "Cold Chest", those who don't feel anything with playing important games..., despite winning how many Champions Leagues?, perfect performances in crucial UCL matches?, against his eternal rival Cristiano Ronaldo and his Real Madrid?...

He's awful...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILUfdwpqy48

1:26...
« Last Edit: 05-07-2015, 20:07:16 by Torenico »

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: 05-07-2015, 20:07:08 »
I agree with that, but really if you are the england of South America, what that makes Brazil  ;D? Portugal of South America? (Ronaldo +10)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: 06-07-2015, 18:07:44 »
No, I think Argentina has a very strong lineup in the front. Higuain, Lavezzi, Aguero.

It is just a bad play. And yes, Messi is the best playah in teh world. It is just that everyone seems not too motivated playing for Argentina.

Brazil seems to receive more enthusiasm from its players, but they seemed to have ditched that long missed Jogo Bonito thing. It makes them looks really bad when losing.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: 06-07-2015, 22:07:50 »
No, I think Argentina has a very strong lineup in the front. Higuain, Lavezzi, Aguero.

That's a bold statement to make after how I just say them play.  Especially Lavezzi.

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: 06-07-2015, 23:07:47 »
Well,Argentina lost,and I have no idea why. Also,I expected a match full of kicks...and punches,and grabs,and KOs and red cards. More than Chile x Uruguay,considering the short temper from the argentinian players and the extra-unfairplay the chileans were displaying,specially Vidal.

But at least nuestros hermanos reached the final,instead of losing for Paraguay at the penalties...again.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: 07-07-2015, 04:07:31 »
Lavezzi has proven himself back in Inter Milan. Aguero says a lot with his performance in City, unless you say that EPL is rubbish. Higuain, well...

Yes, Ezequiel might be trolling with his poor show both in last World Cup and this Copa America. But he certainly has potential.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: 28-08-2015, 00:08:47 »
About a year Ago, El Principe returned to his first love, Racing Club.

He, a man forgotten by his own Nation, returned to carry Racing to a new title, winning the Primera División Tournament that same year..., a title Racing has not won since 2001.

It's safe to say he is my all-time favorite player now, he could have choosen places like the US, Qatar, India, Australia or one of those "Paradises" for players that are in their twilights, but he choose Racing, his home.

He is THE Captain, THE Brains, I love him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXPE2IuKRtQ

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: 23-09-2015, 15:09:02 »
Robert Lewandoski  :o

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: 10-10-2015, 01:10:41 »
Argentina lost another time.

With Messi injured, it was up to the remaining 11 wooden dolls to meet mighty Ecuador in Buenos Aires.

2-0 for the visitors.

It was probably in 1993 when we lost our last HOME match for a World Cup Qualifier, it was a 0-5 vs Colombia.

Proof that Argentina is Messi+10.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: 10-10-2015, 02:10:10 »
Well, not just Messi who is disappointing. Mostly it is Aguero, especially when seeing how well he is doing in Man. City. I guess most of the players feel that the national team atmosphere to be pretty bad compared to their club.

Now,

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33543936

Is it likely that we won't see the Dutch in Euro 2016? This makes me very sad. Along with Croatia (they have many great talents currently).

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: 10-10-2015, 07:10:08 »
The biggest problem in the National Team is the coach.

Martino sucks, here we like to use the term "Crashing a Ferrari", he crashed it while he was in Barcelona. Martino just doesn't have a single idea on how to fucking make this team work. I mean, we lost a Copa America final to CHILE, they never won a Copa América before, they have barely scored a few times against Argentina during Copa America history, they barely have a couple of wins against us in the overall record.

We need to call Icardi, I don't like his attitude, when he had problems with Maxi Lopez and his wife, who is now Icardi's wife. He is a great talent.

Correa from Atlético Madrid is a promising player, needs more time, so is Dybala from Juventus. We also have a couple more, like Vietto from the Madrid squad. Just starting, I saw him play here in Racing Club and he was quite impressive.

We wasted talents like Diego Milito, which simply cannot be explained, and Lisandro Lopez.

We don't deserve a World Cup. Messi does, but we don't.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #1858 on: 10-10-2015, 16:10:02 »
The biggest problem in the National Team is the coach.

Don't worry, man!

When Tottenham have several Premier League, FA, League Cup and Champions League titles I bet Pochettino will happily manage Argentina  ;)

COME ON YOU SPURS

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: 10-10-2015, 17:10:23 »
Well, not all can be blamed on the coach. Look at Mourinho, he's a decent, albeit dictatorial, coach who would normally settle for nothing less than the 3 points. And look where they are now!

At our team (KV Mechelen), we've got Aleksandar Jankovic as coach. A well-respected coach with lots of experience. Last season, after a slow start, we got on a roll and didn't lose a single match for ages. Now, we've got only nine points after 10 games with exactly the same team (bar the goalkeeper and Ivan Obradovic) as last season.

What caused this pathetic performance? We don't know. Several key players are not in last year's form by a long shot. Our forward, Veselinovic, looks even more like a giraffe and spends more time with his face in the turf than he did last year. I don't know why he is being kept on instead of a talented Leal who is gathering dust on the side.

Edit: welcome back Rawhide!
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon