Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 306782 times)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #6495 on: 18-08-2016, 13:08:17 »
Did I miss something? Who's a pedophile? ???

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: 07-09-2016, 06:09:09 »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcos

Recommended.

After the American version of House of Cards, Narcos is what makes $8 a month for Netflix, a steal.

Narcos tells a story from dark humour perspective of Steve Murphy, an American DEA agent working to take down Pablo Escobar and his Medellín Cartel. It feels like a modernised telenovela, without all that sappiness. All characters speaks in Latin American Spanish. So you'll feel the atmosphere, the mood, and all that things reminding you with good old 1980s.

It is a good story for one who wanted to get better view on drug trade, which is quite relevant today, with The Philippines becoming ever increasingly violent, and Mexico in overall. Of course, some aspects of it are fictionalised. It is a drama series, not documentary. But a lot of it are taken from real world events. It makes you question the whole violence theme, because being packaged as a typically family-oriented telenovelas, combined with dark humour of typical modern American TV series, the glaring violent acts portrayed in the show is very vivid and somewhat more real. This show should stood on its own class.

Another Gem in this 21st century, besides the likes of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: 07-09-2016, 10:09:47 »
Yeah I watched that series. Highly recommending it too.

Offline MajorMajor

• View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: 08-09-2016, 09:09:34 »
Has anyone watched Into the West? I found out yesterday that it's going to be aired soon on spanish TV. I've been reading quite a bit of American history lately, but I wonder if it's worth the watch, specially since episodes are 2 hours long.

(This is what I'm referring to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_West_(miniseries)).

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: 09-09-2016, 00:09:26 »
Has anyone watched Into the West?
Yes. If you are interested in US/frontier history, even if it is just a bit, go for it, it is worth the watch.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: 09-09-2016, 15:09:02 »
Another review on another series, "Empire"

It is intriguing at a few first series (seasons), but you might as well skip it. Not as smart as many other critics said about it.

Of course, the subject that the series discusses is something new, about violent gangster turned hip hop recording company boss. Most of it, deal with the main character (Lucious Lyon) slowly dying. Therefore a lot of his family members, rivals, former associates started to salvage what could be ripped from his Empire Records.

It features several interesting characters, but like most American series, it dwindles into common plot devices to reinforce "black's circle of violence" stereotype (e.g. Captain Ig'nant), excusing illegal behaviours with "because we are blacks yo!" or "rappin' violence to vent out frustration rather than shooting 12 gauges." However, besides that, it features lively character like Lyon's wife, Cookie and his gay son, Jamal. The overall storyline is good, however the number of plot devices to advance Lucious' agenda and cause is simply too much of soap opera level.

Compared to realistic tone of Game of Thrones (despite being fantasy) and real life-inspired Narcos, Empire simply blows. I expect life to be quite unfair to American Africans, especially for a former criminal, but it turns out that Lucious is somewhat always on a higher morale ground superman.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: 19-09-2016, 00:09:32 »
Guys, I got a 200 word essay due tomorrow, help me..

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Redbadd

• View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: 19-09-2016, 02:09:40 »
You FF ing bum, i thought you said you were going to straighten your act a couple of months ago. Stop wanking around and come clean with your parents and what not.

Stop that fake studie of yours and get a real job.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: 19-09-2016, 06:09:19 »
I was making a joke referencing the bot-account spamming down off-topic with "helping you with essay"-threads.  The threads are removed now.

Don't worry, everything's going fine ;)

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: 29-09-2016, 16:09:42 »
Another review on another series, "Empire"

It is intriguing at a few first series (seasons), but you might as well skip it. Not as smart as many other critics said about it.

Of course, the subject that the series discusses is something new, about violent gangster turned hip hop recording company boss. Most of it, deal with the main character (Lucious Lyon) slowly dying. Therefore a lot of his family members, rivals, former associates started to salvage what could be ripped from his Empire Records.

It features several interesting characters, but like most American series, it dwindles into common plot devices to reinforce "black's circle of violence" stereotype (e.g. Captain Ig'nant), excusing illegal behaviours with "because we are blacks yo!" or "rappin' violence to vent out frustration rather than shooting 12 gauges." However, besides that, it features lively character like Lyon's wife, Cookie and his gay son, Jamal. The overall storyline is good, however the number of plot devices to advance Lucious' agenda and cause is simply too much of soap opera level.

Compared to realistic tone of Game of Thrones (despite being fantasy) and real life-inspired Narcos, Empire simply blows. I expect life to be quite unfair to American Africans, especially for a former criminal, but it turns out that Lucious is somewhat always on a higher morale ground superman.

You might enjoy Donald Glover's (AKA Childish Gambino) new series Atlanta.  Or of course The Wire, if you haven't already seen it.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: 04-11-2016, 16:11:07 »
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/03/asia/jakarta-islamist-governor-protest/index.html

Yeah to sum up the news, the protest ended with a bit of scuffle. Two military trucks and a couple of rubbish pile burned.

To call it Islamist protests, isn't completely right. But I understand that CNN and the liberals always took that anti-majority whatever the case stance. So yeah, some of them are pretty much very racist, but for us ignorant third worlds, have different political correctness standards. And some of us like my parents were very worried, that their wories have come to terrorise me.

So what happened is, our usually violent hardliners actually defended the police and the national palace against the unknown provocateur groups. Some say they are ISIS-wannabes.

Here is the hardliners, making human fence in front of the anti-riot police to deter the ISIS-wannabes.

Some of my Muslim friends (some are educated in US), joined the protest in peace. But he noticed that there were some groups that were loud and quite obnoxious. He suspected that this group is the one who fueled the unrest.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: 04-11-2016, 20:11:47 »
In our news it was said that one person died when the protest escalated, but I don't read anything about that in the cnn article.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: 05-11-2016, 05:11:54 »
I think nobody died yet. Hopefully none.

There are like 6 police / soldiers injured due to the clashes. And several from the protesters who tried to drive away the rioters. One of them were badly mangled. The first casualties from the police was unconscious due to a blunt object trauma when found.

Like the Turkish riots. There were rumours about one of the incumbents paid the demonstration to be held. But since so many peaceful protesters showed up, some were dejected, and continued the protests afterwards, breaking the agreement. It was also unexpected that some outside elements (suspected to be ISIS sympathisers) incited the riot. The politically motivated protest was then turned into some kind of surprise, I think that's why the so-called hardliners defended the police: rioting wasn't in their agenda.

Then suddenly we have a new player (most likely paid opportunists) up the north, bearing different attributes, initially tried to provoke another riot. There were no response from the public. So, they destroyed 3 minimarkets / food stalls and a florist in frustration. The standby police forces fired tear gas into them, and then it turned into a scuffle. All in all, the rioters were in scale of less than 100, something that can be easily bought by any rich guy here. You know, Rp.500.000,- (EUR 30) and they are in. To convnince those with better prospects, just notch it a bit to EUR 50.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: 05-11-2016, 22:11:12 »
Well, I take it as hasty journalism on our side then :)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: 09-11-2016, 15:11:58 »
Well, shit. Goodbye, post-World War 2 world order!